Struggles with OnePlus Customer Support - A user's tale

1. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 17, 2022

Bobbie63 likes this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Moderator Moderator Jan 17, 2022

B_Wrath , Jan 17, 2022 :
    By the way, @Bobbie63 @Tobikage
    RCC Pro customer care is a farce. Apart from the reduced wait time to connect to a CS agent, I too got the same shit replies of 24-48 hours and pandemic and blah blah blah.

With RCC pro, at least one should expect a quicker resolution time.
    It is a simple mail to backend team, keep mailing them till they get frustrated and reply. Simple.

3. Tobikage

Tobikage , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Yours is still partially approved ?

Bobbie63 and Shailender Sharma like this.
  4. Bobbie63
    Nougat Jan 17, 2022

Bobbie63 , Jan 17, 2022 :
    They thing is, we all need to jump various hoops, just to get an answer. In this case unknown hoops. I got a voucher which I earned hopefully with my contribution over the years to these forums. Someone must have issued this voucher based on research they have done and concluded I’m eligible for receiving this voucher. Next, I order the product and redeem the voucher. An estimated time of when the product will be send out is given, including an ETA, so far, so good. Why bother to look any further, the order shows up in my account, all seems to be fine. Next I accidentally tap the order and it appears there is a status screen behind the order which shows me the exact status of the order and it says “under review”!!

Because I occasionally do some reading, I know a bit of how things work/don’t work at “OnePlus” but the average user wouldn’t know, nor knows where to search. The thing is I, and I think there’s more people, I’m getting sick and tired of these weird barriers that keeps been thrown up and the mess they create within their own organisation up to a point that their own employees don’t know what they’re doing. The local daycare here on the other side of the road, run by a 78 year old granny, is organised better than “OnePlus”.

the_o2, nerdkabir, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  5. B_Wrath
    Moderator Moderator Jan 17, 2022

B_Wrath , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Yup. Still.
    As you said, these barriers are useless and NVA even for OnePlus. It also frustrates the user. It's a lose-lose situation. I'm sure there must be some business grads in OnePlus. If they can't even Optimize these simple things, I have no hope for general CS improvement.

Shailender Sharma and Tobikage like this.
  6. Tobikage

IMG_20220117_160924.jpg

7. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jan 17, 2022

Shailender Sharma , Jan 17, 2022 :
    You are absolutely right Bobbie but the people behind the desks don't give a damn. And we as a users have to bear the brunt all the time.

Sharing a screenshot of the redeemable Watch voucher order placed last year. It was so frustrating to get it approved by the backend team by my own. Only after the intervention from the Mod, the order got approved and processed. The CS team failed to do anything for a fortnight, I don't understand why? What's the logic behind it, if any?

Screenshot_20220117-160829.jpg

Dhruv Kashyap, Bobbie63 and Tobikage like this.
  8. Bobbie63
    Nougat Jan 17, 2022

The problem is not just CS, every aspect of this whole operation is run in a “Mickey Mouse” kind of way. There is no single step in the whole process where there are no issues and that’s just the kind we get to see as a customer. This has been this way for years and this only will get worse now there’s no dedicated persons working in the name “OnePlus” all gets thrown on the big pile that’s called OPPO, Oplus, Oujia or whatever and we’ll be delivered to their mercy.

all that might be left are these forums.

9. nerdkabir
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Jan 17, 2022

nerdkabir , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Exact same experience i faced a month back. "Under review". Their customer support is pathetic. I lost my 4000 some redcoins when I redeemed it to buy red cable pro membership. The issue I faced was "unlink" device. Anyways. They suck.

10. nerdkabir

Anyone has any idea about the "oneplus gaming triggers' which was supposed to be available for 3000 coins today? All I've got is this..

Who would ever 'pay' for these?
    1642417114803.jpg

1642417114854.jpg
    The black one doesn't show any 'value'.

1642417114896.jpg
    When tried buying, this error is constantly coming.

Dhruv Kashyap and Bobbie63 like this.
  11. Tobikage

Mine went directly to "Order is processing" and no further. (Partially paid for the accessories in the same order)

But was awaiting approval according to CS.

Shailender Sharma and Bobbie63 like this.
  12. Bobbie63
    Nougat Jan 17, 2022

That is by default all over the world, not just RCC but other “sales action” also and an example of issues throughout every process in the “OnePlus” experience.

13. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jan 17, 2022

14. Tobikage

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  15. Starcommander
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Jan 17, 2022

Starcommander , Jan 17, 2022 :
    I want to share something which really pissed me off. I got the free OnePlus 9 voucher code and used it to order the phone. As usual order went under review and the agent asked for 2 to 3 days for approval. That is fine. But today I got a call interrogating me about how and when I got the voucher. When I told him about the carnival games, Raffle, he had no idea. He asked me the name of person who gave the voucher and the code. I gave him the details.

My point is, when this voucher is provided by OnePlus, why all this harassment? The customer service hasn't improved a bit. They are as clueless as before.

16. nerdkabir

Basically, as ever, there is no management or proper communication between any of the teams. I think theres a business opportunity here, lets open a training company which offers this. Training brands like Oneplus to have proper channels for customer support (like Amazon). So that there are proper systems in place where customers details and cases/issues are logged in and are/can be accessed easily, without the customer going back and forth about their issue with a 'new so called customer support executive'. Currently their main issue seem to be : "I've no idea what contest or issue you are talking about, let me get back to you copypastedstuffwithin48to72hours" and they get back with shit. Useless shit.

Starcommander likes this.
  17. Tobikage

I was asked for my details like name , email and phone number over WhatsApp chat by one CS guy.

I told him of he can access my order details , he should be able to find a way to get my email and phone number too.....which he then did.

I'm really thinking of cancelling my order if it doesn't go through by the end of the week.

18. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jan 17, 2022

Shailender Sharma , Jan 17, 2022 :
    I don't have a pro membership so no dedicated CS. I just called up 2-3 times and reiterated my past bad experience regarding the approval of order. Yesterday morning the executive on the line instantly approves both the orders. I was not expecting that, the order status changed simultaneously in my account. Don't trust what they tell you untill you get what you wanted!

Tobikage likes this.
  19. Bobbie63
    Nougat Jan 17, 2022

I'm now have the interrogation as we speak. 😂

20. Tobikage

Experienced the same over chat one time and it was approved on the spot.

All I get now is "we do not have the authority to approve this. Backend team does."