Struggles with OnePlus Customer Support - A user's tale

1. G_plusone
    Nougat Jul 28, 2020

2. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jul 28, 2020 :
    You did well to create this Thread @B_Wrath. I have already seen on the internet several users who said they had problems with the Oneplus CS. It is a subject that the Oneplus [e]2122[/e] brand should take very seriously, because every customer who has a bad experience in this field is a possible customer who will not buy Oneplus again. CS is fundamental for the survival of any brand and at Oneplus it cannot be different.

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 28, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Well, being in the field of product management, I do agree with what you say, but bringing in consistency like apple in the customer support, it takes a lot more than that.
    It has to become a company policy objective. Until then, it will be as Shitty as ever.

Batman360, buntycubal, SRD. and 4 others like this.
  4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 28, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Indeed. As I said before, OnePlus isn't a small company anymore. They need to take CS more seriously.

5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 28, 2020 :
    yeah..

Batman360, SRD., fragargon and 2 others like this.
  6. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 28, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 28, 2020 :
    If it isn't, the said Company is already shit. No matter the scale of it's operation.

Batman360, SRD., Shubham_Ag. and 4 others like this.
  7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 28, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Every company has it somewhere in the policy objectives. It is the priority and importance it gives to it that matters.

In OnePlus, I have seen many from product team, the OS team and such here being active for a bit, doing AMA etc. I have rarely seen anyone from Customer Support do it apart from that one time they redid the support page.

Batman360, SRD., Shubham_Ag. and 4 others like this.
  8. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jul 28, 2020 :
    There is a departure from the CS compared to the other departments.

Batman360, SRD., Shubham_Ag. and 3 others like this.
  9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 28, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 28, 2020 :
    That doesn't count.
    OnePlus probably outsources from the cheapest available. and relies on guys like you for forums customer support :rolleyes:

Batman360, SRD., Shubham_Ag. and 3 others like this.
  10. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 28, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Ah damn. I'm undone by my own good nature:rolleyes:

But on a serious note, I do believe that is the case. CS themselves instruct people to create a thread in the forum for technical support. It's quite pathetic.

I want to conduct one experiment though. I want to ban replies to all the threads created here for a couple of days. Nobody should be able to help anybody. And I want to see how CS copes with the mountain of shit which daily happens here, falls on them.

11. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 28, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 28, 2020 :
    OnePlus Customer support has always been a let down and it has managed to degrade its service with time.

Let me tell you my tale. I was given a gift for a contest in terms of coupon. After redeeming the coupon code it said order under processing. I called them, sent email, OnePlus chat, whatsapp support none of them replied. That was frustrating.
    After 50mins of keeping me on hold finally the call was disconnected from their side. Worst part is OnePlus chat support. I was 75th in queue. After waiting patiently for an hour, when I was in 2nd queue all of a sudden I got the message, all the agents are busy and they regret the inconvenience caused.
    Somehow I managed to contact them after 7 Days and order was processed.

But the funniest part is yet to come.10 days after getting my order delivered, I got response in the mail,
    Screenshot_20200729-003510.jpg

When did I ask for review? To whom was this support person replying? All I asked was how long will it take for my order to process?

@Lubna S. As a head of Customer service of such a reputed brand, have you ever looked into how service is really been taken care of?

I seldom try to be rude when it comes to OnePlus, but I am fed up of the service.

buntycubal, SRD., the_o2 and 6 others like this.
  12. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 28, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 28, 2020 :
    What goes around sometimes doesn't come around :rolleyes:
    Just like they're doing it right now. They don't have a clue anyway. They almost always provide with contradictory and questionable information.
    Who are you kidding aye? :rolleyes:
    Just because they denied you a free device :rolleyes:

13. Starcommander

They denied me everything still I am nice to them.

14. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2020

15. Starcommander

How is that linked to Customer service?

16. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2020

iharshjjain , Jul 28, 2020 :
    It's OnePlus.. they can link anything to anyone..

17. Starcommander

Oooof big Ooof 😂😂

18. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2020

fragargon , Jul 28, 2020 :
    @B_Wrath I did saw your twitter rant thread those days. I saw you struggle by a non CS efficency!
    As I'm myself a customer I do support you. No one should run over a CS to get its order issue resolved.
    Personaly I would really upset being in your shoes and running over my order without any concrete answer/solution.
    That's something I just can't bear!

Indeed this is popin up social network on FB, Twitter and in this forum

You guys gave in this thread some interesting proposition. Opening forum CS thread, Asking that more people from CS are involved in that non existing yet thread would bring more communication efficencies.

Wish all the best in that quest, it would benefit more users

19. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 29, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    But OnePlus is really a small company :rolleyes:

Best wishes,
    Make sure put your phone on charging otherwise battery will die :p:p

YES

Same story since they come to India

AMA is all about what color you like, what food you eat and what's your favourite pet and why ;)

But you are OnePlus fan don't you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I stated this before:
    The customer support might good in metro cities but it is pathetic in non metro cities.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020

20. SRD.
    Lollipop Jul 29, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 29, 2020 :
    My god ! This is horrible @B_Wrath .
    Thanks god I never need customer support till now. But what you have posted & @Batman360 's comment, it really looks worrysome.
    OnePlus should really need to improve Customer support, I also encounter a lots of queries & grievances throughout the forums & Twitter regarding CS issues.

About this
    This should be the way forward.