Struggles with OnePlus Customer Support - A user's tale

1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jul 29, 2020

Venky61 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Really terrible experience. They just can't give the COVID excuse for eternal. All the companies are modifying their infrastructure to cater to this new situation. None of their communication channels are effective.
    I have faced a similar situation....Even the Chat interface is pathetic. You wait for 30-40min and finally when it's your turn "There's no agent available, Please try again".. You are again back in the queue to wait for another 30 odd minutes...
    I really hope they start investing on better CS.

2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Ya. That shouldn't be linked to that. And it was done in all fun. I hardly get any completed referrals from twitter. It is mostly the personal ones.
    Honestly, I don't see any positive outcome from this thread. Apart from the users discussing, I don't think any staff will take any measure to rectify it.
    Oh ya. Their HQ is in a gully just next to my home. It's a one room office :rolleyes:
    My battery is dying as well. I need to get it changed. Should probably start chatting with CS now itself if I need to get it changed by October:p
    I have put up pointers and suggestions. It's upto them to accept it and do something about it.
    Yes. The covid story is old news. Even the grocery store next to me has changed delivery strategy to suit the rules. I don't know why OnePlus as a huge company can't handle it.

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Status update. Or should I say no status update? o_O
    Screenshot_20200729-085218.jpg
    Order is still under review:D:tearsofjoy:

4. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

Tobikage , Jul 29, 2020 :
    You thought they'd just make it that easy to use your referral coupon did you ? :rolleyes:

Outsourced support is shit.... what's new ??

I'm not even gonna bother thinking about replacing my OP5 battery. I'm just gonna junk it if it dies.

5. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jul 29, 2020

Maverick2.0 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Frankly, my next phone has to be an iPhone - even a iPhone 11 in 2021 will have more support and value than a new OnePlus will ever have.

6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    It's not just the referral coupons. It is the same for people who have paid 60K for the 8 Pro as well.

7. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jul 29, 2020

My mom would throw me out of the house. ;):tearsofjoy:

8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Now it's two of them. Mom and my wife. Luckily, I was spared by one as she is at her mom's place.

9. nerdkabir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2020

nerdkabir , Jul 29, 2020 :
    😂 🤣

Starcommander and Dresa91 like this.
  10. Praty_28
    KitKat Jul 29, 2020

Praty_28 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    @B_Wrath

I've had a very similar experience with the CS. Even I was trying to redeem a code I won from a contest here on OP forums. It was stuck at "order is under review" for over a week.

Tried to call them once, the line busy tune told me to wait... after 30 mins finally when my call went through nobody picked up :confused: I was really pissed after listening to "all our agents are busy sjsjcjlahdukssjkahd" on loop over 100 times and I totally lost it when that same voice asked me to provide feedback for the support I never received.:mad:

I got no response from the email support when I needed it and now after a month they decided to reply happily saying "We can see that your order is delivered now" and blaming the delay on "minimum manpower due to the covid situation"

The online chat support on OnePlus website was terrible as well, the agent just kept the conversation going by saying things like sorry, i see there is a delay, it will reach you shortly and similar things. I clearly asked him whether he can escalate the order or not to which he again replied with "it will reach you shortly do not worry" I don't understand why the support always tries to deceive customers by providing such fake assurance. It will just infuriate the customer even more as he waits for 24 hours checking the order status every few hours only to realise he was lied to.

Whatsapp support was the only one that actually helped me and immediately escalated my order and within 2 hours the status changed from "order is under review" to "shipment is processing"

I was probably very lucky to get connected to the whatsapp support agent in the first go otherwise i would have been in the same boat as you, cycling through different modes of support just to get your order shipped.

OnePlus really needs to work on their CS. These flashy marketing gimmicks will only bring in temporary customers, improving on after sales services will help them retain their customer base.

11. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

GuitarBart , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I think this happens to more companies that grow quickly and customer service stays behind on development. I work on sales/cs and know it's not easy setting up a good CS department, although of course that's no excuse for this behaviour.

I have had mixed results with customers service here in NL. Knowledge wise its often bad (questions on vouchers or technical questions weren't answered well) but when my wireless bullets 1 broke they were really quick in solving it.

Let's hope this thread makes them realize a bit how important customer service is for a brand

Starcommander, buntycubal and Dresa91 like this.
  12. @adarsh
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2020

@adarsh , via OnePlus 3T , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Yesterday I waited for more than 55 mins before loosing patience
    1596004903629.jpg
    but no one attended my call.

the_o2, buntycubal and Starcommander like this.
  13. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 29, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Also most questions of cupcakes or new users are only answered. Prove me wrong.
    WAS
    I am not a fan of this new OnePlus

the_o2, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  14. nerdkabir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2020

nerdkabir , Jul 29, 2020 :
    8B675E60-DCF4-4A0E-BF32-BD08B3EFAB25.jpeg FA784BF9-7444-4AF7-92C6-D152DC1229EA.jpeg A0CF730E-F16E-425A-A2A8-EFDBA9569481.jpeg
    My case was worst than yours, while trying to connect with customer support over Chat. Waited TWICE for 40+ minutes and same kinds of experience. Check put the snapshots.

Product selling time Full Hype but after sales service is not that great. My experience so far, almost bought the OnePlus Nord, almost!

15. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

Tobikage , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Inevitable Fanboy Excuse : Support and Marketing is handled by different teams.

16. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jul 29, 2020

:D

17. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Status update.
    I was contacted by OnePlus support and was informed that the order is processed and shipment is under progress. It will reach me in 5-7 days:tearsofjoy:
    I have already waiting that duration:tearsofjoy:
    But the order is just a secondary thing.

I really want OnePlus to acknowledge that their CS is quite pathetic.

SJBoss, Batman360, SRD. and 1 other person like this.
  18. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I was contacted by support. Like @Swatiranjan has said below, I don't care about my own order. I care about the way the people are treated by the CS.
    @razzor228 if possible, tag the head of Indian customer support here. I want to have a proper conversation with them. I guess many want to.

SJBoss, Batman360, SRD. and 2 others like this.
  19. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 29, 2020

razzor228 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Hey, I understand that you want to help the community as a whole which is why I said he is very open to feedback. I am not quite sure if I should be putting out his official email in the forums which is why I wanted to share it over the DM's.

20. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    you can send him the link via emal and if he wants he can create a user account here ;)

SJBoss, Starcommander, the_o2 and 3 others like this.