Stuck in BootLoad

1. DaVinci0731
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2022

DaVinci0731 , Jan 18, 2022 :
    Hey guys! My phone has went dead and when I plugged it in it went into an infinite bootload where it just does the bootloading process over and over again. I have a Oneplus 9 Pro. Does anyone know the fix for this? Also when I go to the recovery boot mode it only gives me the option to factory reset and not anything in regards to to wipe cache and advanced options. The device is still pretty new and it is ridiculous to already have these kind of issues. Thank you for your help! :)

2. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 18, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 18, 2022 :
    Only options available on newer phones from what other people are saying too.

So the battery drained to zero and you just plugged it in and it bootlooped ?

If it doesn't boot into the OS , not much you can do outside of it right now.

Looks like a factory reset is your only option at the moment.
    Also , there's no guarantee it won't happen again.

Hope you had your important data backed up somewhere in the cloud ?
    So...unless you want to send it back to OnePlus and push for a board replacement , go ahead and factory reset it.

3. DaVinci0731
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2022

I have charged it back up to 100% now. And exactly. I had some of my data backed up in the cloud but not all of it. Would I be able to keep my data with a board replacement? As I would rather not delete all of my data. Thanks!

4. Tobikage

Board replacement = New board = Clean slate

There's no way to swap out the memory chip from one board to another.

5. DaVinci0731
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2022

Oh that’s unfortunate. I didn’t know if they could transfer just the ssd of sorts to another board.

6. Tobikage

No. The chip is soldered to the board.

Wait for a few hours and see if anyone else here can think of any other ways to reboot it

DaVinci0731 likes this.
  7. DaVinci0731
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2022

Thank you so much again for your help! I will just shut it off for the night and wait for responses here and check again in the morning.

Tobikage likes this.