Camera Stupid mirrored-look photo (and video) for a smartphone

1. Tottem89
    Cupcake May 9, 2017

Tottem89 , May 9, 2017 :
    I bought OP3T as a back-up for my other phone (the old iPhone 5) after checking the reviews and comparisons from several sources. As a newer phone claimed as a flagship killer in some reviews, of course I expected a superb performance from this phone. Generally I'm quite satisfied with the performance, especially the dash-charging system, but the camera (which is one of the main reason of buying this phone) -especially the front camera- is rather disappointing.
    For a 16 MP camera, the result of pictures taken with the front camera are really below the expectation: the image seems unfocused and not clear, undetailed, and over-exposed (too bright).
    The most annoying thing is the mirrored-look image of the pictures or videos taken with the front camera. As a smart phone, OP3T is not smart enough to produce normal-looked image, unlike my old iPhone 5 or my wife's Xiaomi Mi3 ( older phone with lower specs than OP3T). Everytime I took a selfie picture with front camera, I had to do the editing (mirroring) later to make it look normal, so it is really time-consuming. Unfortunately, there's no editing tools for video so that every video taken with front camera will have a mirrored-like image.
    This should not be an issue like this for a phone with this high specification!
    Should we wait for an update, or is there any apps that could fix these front camera problems?

2. Lakhvinder Singh
    Cupcake May 9, 2017

3. Sandeep varma
    Gingerbread May 9, 2017

Dresa91 likes this.
  4. The-Silk-Road
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2020

The-Silk-Road , Mar 19, 2020 :
    I have tried to change the settings on my phone (oneplus7tpro), but they don't work. I still get a mirror-like image.

5. Paschfire
    KitKat Mar 20, 2020

Paschfire , Mar 20, 2020 :
    This thread section is for 3/T device, I suggest you look for a solution within threads sections for your particular device.