Stupid question: how to add apps to home screen

1. AlexEngels
    Cupcake May 24, 2018

AlexEngels , May 24, 2018 :
    hi guys,

just got my new OnePlus 6 and can't seem to figure out how to add apps to the home screen without deleting & reinstalling them.

with Apex launcher you just hold a position and can then select an app, but this doesn't seem to work with the standard OP launcher.

what am I missing?

thanks in advance!

cheers, Alex
    1527179343009.jpg

A1577150212520 likes this.
  2. lutti
    KitKat May 24, 2018

lutti , May 24, 2018 :
    Just touch and hold an icon for an app and drag it where ever you want it. That's all to it.

A1577150212520 and Keith Mayer like this.
  3. Entimp
    Eclair May 24, 2018

Entimp , May 24, 2018 :
    Try a short hold off the app and the drag it a little bit. You will then see you screen change to place where you can place it.

If you mean widgets. Long hold a bare area of your desktop where there are no apps, then select widgets when it presents it self.

Hope that helps.

4. AlexEngels
    Cupcake May 26, 2018

AlexEngels , May 26, 2018 :
    that was the trick! thanks buddy.

5. Entimp
    Eclair May 26, 2018

6. K1545500703611
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2018

K1545500703611 , Dec 22, 2018 :
    I have the same problem. I had a lot of trouble getting the apps moved from my old phone to my OnePlus. Now I can see the apps, their settings etc. - but I can't open them and I can't move them to the start screen. Touching and holding and icon doesn't do anything - the apps can't be moved...

7. drl431
    Nougat Dec 22, 2018

drl431 , Dec 22, 2018 :
    No, your problem is different.
    Generally, its a bad idea to move apps from one phone to another. Especially with different Android versions!
    Just go to play store and install the apps you like into the new phone.

8. K1545500703611
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2018

K1545500703611 , Dec 22, 2018 :
    So - why does the OnePlus have an app for this purpose, when I have to start all over?? Some of my apps contains a lot of communication, photos, information, big amounts of data (maps for gps), complicated settings etc.

Had I known this from the start, I had just skipped the dat transfer part, as it obviously is worth nothing.

9. drl431
    Nougat Dec 22, 2018

drl431 , Dec 22, 2018 :
    The transfer app is good for your contacts, phone logs, messages, pictures, and documents.
    Basically all the stuff you cant get at play store...

10. K1545500703611
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2018

K1545500703611 , Dec 23, 2018 :
    This is the last chance for my OnePlus 6T McLaren…

I bought the OnePlus 6T McLaren 2 days ago – and 2 days is also the amount of wasted time to make the phone work.

I have tried to transfer all the content from my old phone (LG G3), especially all the installed apps, but so far without luck. I have tried the OnePlus Switch app, I have tried 10-12 third party apps and 2-3 PC programs and apps on the phones. NOTHING is working. All third of the party apps fail to migrate the apps. Where a PC is involved all the programs causes a runtime error, which I can’t solve. The OnePlus Switch is also defect. I follow the instructions carefully, and all of the content seems to be transferred. Except for the apps. The apps are not in the start screen. The only place I can find them, are in Settings > Apps and notifications. When I select a random app, I only get to see the settings, possibility of removal etc. The app can’t be opened or moved to the start screen. Only if I go to them bottom of the information of the app, I can be guided to Play, and from there open the app. But not all apps.

In the push notifications I am told that “Recovery of apps and are being finished” – but it never finishes. If I press the notification, it says that 0 of 61 apps are installed. If I press this information I am send to Play, where I can see a number of apps waiting for download.

Yeah, then you might say ‘connect your Wi-Fi’. But it doesn’t work. I have tried to connect to a WiFi hotspot (from my LG G3), and I have tried to go to the local library (where they have a high speed connection). In both cases, I can see that the OnePlus says it is connected to the Wi-Fi – but the download never starts. So also the Wi-Fi is defect.

I have asked in numerous websites, asked my friend who is a wizard within technology, I have tried any possibly solution… my OnePlus 6T McLaren simply doesn’t work!

Of all phones I have had in my lifetime, the OnePlus 6T McLaren is the most disappointing experience I had EVER had!

You think you buy a McLaren – in fact you get Ford T…

Furthermore the finger print reader is, mildly said, miserable. In 3 out of 4 attempts, it can’t recognize my finger print, and I have to enter my PIN.

So – is my phone simply a bad apple, or is this a common problem?

I have to say that I had expected more from a phone at this price…

I wanted to write this in a new post, but the community simply doesn’t allow me to make new posts! This is a sure goodbye to OnePlus – FOREVER!

11. K1545500703611
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2018

K1545500703611 , Dec 23, 2018 :
    When I press the big red button "New Thread", this is what I get:

OnePlus Community - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Jesus Christ, both the phone and the community are useless!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

12. lutti
    KitKat Dec 23, 2018

13. Artemus.
    Nougat Dec 23, 2018

Artemus. , Dec 23, 2018 :
    Nice rant. Too bad you posted it in the wrong section. ;)

Also, NEVER let Android migrate your apps. Just redownload them from Play Store and set up the settings again. This'll save you a headache.

Baymax likes this.
  14. Artemus.
    Nougat Dec 23, 2018

Artemus. , Dec 23, 2018 :
    You have to use Starting Point if you're within 15 days of registering

Baymax likes this.