Stupid update makes my phone charge slowly and not lasting lost

1. G_Sri_Krishna_Sanjay_wxC
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2017

G_Sri_Krishna_Sanjay_wxC , Jul 31, 2017 :
    Hi Team,

Recently I received an update and have done it. Since then the battery charges slowly and doesn't last long. Also i feel like I have iron box in my pocket when i have phone. Help me resolve this..

2. rahmannek
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2017

rahmannek , Jul 31, 2017 :
    worst update ever...

battery drain very fast... sot is 3.

before 5 to 6

Need Andorid O update

3. tulip_bibs
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2017

tulip_bibs , Jul 31, 2017 :
    My SOT is 2.5 max. And I game around 30 mins, and otherwise hardly use the phone. Very little WhatsApp and hike and YouTube. I have greenify and Naptime installed. I don't know what they did with this phone. It used to be lot better.

rahmannek likes this.
  4. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2017

ShortyEx , Jul 31, 2017 :
    Haha, my SOT on 3.5.8 was about 0.5h and I only use my phone for calling, texting, twitter and reddit. My OP2 was and is complete and absolute sh*t on OOS and they wasted all of their resources on getting VoLTE for one single target market while the rest of us have to deal with the collateral. The OP2 was my favorite phone when I got it, my worst regret since about a year after, my biggest annoyance two years after. If these phone breaks down I'm going for a Nokia or a Moto but never again a piece of crap OnePlus. Everything went to sh*ts once they started to put their main focus on the "largest" but also most egocentrical target market in the world.

@David Y. with all due respect, it's been 2 weeks since the explosion of a users OnePlus and this was something that was going to be looked into and reported on. My phone gets hot as hell, so does my wife's. Hers is even worse until the point that it's uncomfortable to hold because the metal bezels get hot AF. Mine has this nice "feature" where the wooden backcover clicks open when charging or when I use it "intensively" (read Google Maps ffs.)

I've had so much patience but it's getting to a boiling point. These phones are becoming hazardous to hold in your pocket because the software makes it a ticking timebomb. Where is communication about this? Nothing but a thread which was swiftly closed and buried by other threads...

And where in hell is @Carl through all of this? Does he even still work at OnePlus?

awesomeX1 and Dabzz like this.
  5. sir_adh

sir_adh , Jul 31, 2017 :
    Carl Pei is just acting dumb and ignoring all the issues of OP2. he is only focusing on "latest" devices bc they are a "small company" lol

I didn't know asking for a update that won't heat up the phone and don't drain battery is a big thing for OnePlus

awesomeX1 and ShortyEx like this.
  6. ShortyEx

ShortyEx , Jul 31, 2017 :
    I don't even want to contact support for our phones heating because OnePlus support has nothing but a bad reputation. What will they do for me? It's getting embarrassing to own a OnePlus, simple as that. God I'm getting so damned angry. A f'ing phone exploded and people who have the same damned problem are left completely in the dark. Until when? Until our phones explode as well. I can't even sell my phone, how could I? sell a ticking timebomb to someone else, I do have a conscience, opposed to @Carl and his OnePlus minions.

Damn it @David Y., @Adam Krisko, @Tony L. I used to respect you guys, I still do, but why aren't we getting solutions? Why are serious issues ignored and not communicated about? What will you guys do for us? When will our phone be permanently fixed? FFS give us something, anything, 6 updates for VoLTE but nothing for the heating and battery drain...

Most importantly, who will be responsible the next time a OP2 explodes? I have two of them here which we are getting more and more afraid to use...

awesomeX1, Dabzz and sir_adh like this.
  7. sir_adh

sir_adh , Jul 31, 2017 :
    Completely agree with you mate. Even @dsmonteiro made a campaign but it all went as a waste.

awesomeX1, Dabzz and ShortyEx like this.
  8. G_Chiman_Rex_OPJT
    Donut Aug 1, 2017