Answered stutter lag when scrolling

1. Eshtar
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2018

Eshtar , Aug 12, 2018 :
    Hello all,

Has anybody noticed the stutter lag that happens with the phone when your are scrolling, especially when it comes to text heavy pages?

I have seen many people complain about it with the 5t however nobody really found a solution. it's not a complete deal breaker, you can even ignore it, however, it gets irritating every now and then.

I'd love to know if anybody else has the same issue and if you have found any solution for it

Much love

E

2. Eshtar
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2018

3. xnutzii
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2018

xnutzii , Aug 13, 2018 :
    Yeah...As far as I know, this is a failure in the Andreno GPU, not entirely sure tho. I installed a custom kernel and saw that there (a fix for it). I don't think it'll be fixed tho.

Eshtar likes this.
  4. Eshtar
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2018

Eshtar , Aug 13, 2018 :
    Which kernel was it? And sorry if I misunderstood, but was the issue fixed?

5. xnutzii
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2018

xnutzii , Aug 13, 2018 :
    It was minimized, and I think it was Franco Kernel. Tho I'm not sure, since I'm not using it anymore.

6. Eshtar
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2018

Eshtar , Aug 13, 2018 :
    Cheers dude!

What a lame overlook for an otherwise a beast of a phone.

7. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Aug 13, 2018

Sun90 , Aug 13, 2018 :
    Have you performed a cache wipe in recovery mode and seen if the issue eases out some what for now.

8. Eshtar
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2018

Eshtar , Aug 13, 2018 :
    Yup! As I mentioned, it can be ignored since it's minimal, but I I just went full OCD on it.

Apparently, all androids have it in varying levels, my friend's Samsung note 5 has it, the s8 has it too, none of them noticed it until I mentioned it to them, they weren't happy with the discovery [e]1f602[/e]

Sun90 likes this.
  9. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Aug 13, 2018

Sun90 , Aug 13, 2018 :
    It's mainly due to the oled screen.
    Since the screen refresh rate of it isn't the same ( low compared) as that of an IPS display.

Is there anything else you need to know for now.
    Or can we close this discussion.

Eshtar likes this.
  10. mesery
    Eclair Jan 11, 2019

mesery , Jan 11, 2019 :
    i know.its not smth that everybody can notice or be bothered by.. but im facing the same animation stuttering while scrolling, multitasking and opening folders and apps drawer.. i have oneplus 6t and i rly hope for an update to fix this i hope

11. Endruuu
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2020