Stuttering and Lagging

1. D1509595805944
    Donut Aug 28, 2019

D1509595805944 , Aug 28, 2019 :
    My OnePlus 5 is lagging and stuttering and becoming more sluggish each and every day... tried reset,clear cache and even flashed stock ROM freshly twice ... custom roms are working smooth and blazing fast but stock oos is slow and stutter and sluggish... is everyone facing this? using the latest version 9.0.8 in OnePlus 5

Urbán Alíz likes this.
  2. samikojo
    Froyo Aug 28, 2019

samikojo , Aug 28, 2019 :
    No, mine works fine. I haven't had battery draining issues either unlike many other forum members so I'd guess it's some app or apps that's causing these kind of issues. Have you tried factory reset? Remember to take backups first though.

Edit: of course you have tried factory reset if you have even flashed a custom rom, I should read more carefully

3. Wilberforcezen
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

4. xnutzii
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2019

xnutzii , Sep 1, 2019 :
    First of all - what does this have to do with sluggish performance?
    And second of all - why should anyone stop doing that?

stark2991_PL likes this.
  5. Wilberforcezen
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

Wilberforcezen , Sep 1, 2019 :
    Rooting can cause issues including performance ones. This is 2019 and OP phones are already highly customizable and there are plenty of apps that offer different themes and icons in the app store, but don't mind me go ahead and keep ******* up your phones, and I'll see you here in the forums crying and asking for help...

6. xnutzii
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2019

xnutzii , Sep 1, 2019 :
    Bullsh*t.

I have a rooted OnePlus 5T that is MUCH faster than my 6T when even reset. Keep thinking rooting can cause damage, it only does damage to those idiots that don't know how root works and they keep fu*king up their phones. The 5T is highly customized with themes, font, custom kernel and so on. Get outta here and stop being a wuss.

7. Wilberforcezen
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

Suit yourself, fam. My 5T is just fine unrooted, the way the phone gods intended.

8. xnutzii
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2019

xnutzii , Sep 1, 2019 :
    "phone gods" who are you? a priest thinking he knows sh*t about phones? dude get a life and stop complaining about people that root their phones. You probably are someone that thinks clearing cache makes the phone faster, if you even know what Cache is in the first place.

9. Wilberforcezen
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

You don't worship the phone gods? *shudder* you're inviting a terrible plague upon your device for your blasphemy .

Anyway, like I said rooting in 2019 is pointless. It's for elitist nerds who have something to prove and makes them think they've achieved something. But do you, fam.

10. xnutzii
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2019

xnutzii , Sep 1, 2019 :
    Great poetry, gotta admit that.

I root my phone for functionality, like not having apps all white, because
    1. this sucks the battery dry
    2. black is just way easier for my eyes (probably others too, but I don't care)

or just having things like changing the SDA I/O scheduler to zen instead, because it's absolutely ridiculously fast, even faster than anyone would assume. You know the UFS 3.0 storage? Yeah, OnePlus sucks at their I/O settings. They achieve about 3-4k QPS, when even my 5 & 6T with zen achieve 12k in the last segment, that's something to be proud of, at least as a nerd that I sadly am, though nobody knows besides here.

Back to topic - Changing the other way is also possible, disabling cores for almost not noticable performance loss, in exchange for amazing battery life, I'd do that every day, well I am, but that's not the point here.
    Rooting isn't just about custom roms or sh*t, if people would know what rooting is capable of, you can achieve amazing things.

11. Wilberforcezen
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

Ok man, I'm mostly trolling at good point. But you have some good points, dark moding is one I agree with. Again to each their own. I'm personally content with my 5T as is, but if rooting works for you, great.

xnutzii likes this.
  12. xnutzii
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2019

xnutzii , Sep 1, 2019 :
    I know that you're trolling, don't worry, I'm not as dumb as some other fellow users here. I mean
    dude that sounds absolutely hilarious :p

But yeah, each on their own, and I'm kinda sorry for being that triggered, may be due to being a nerd i guess.

13. Wilberforcezen
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

I get you man. I tease one friend of mine about his rooting all the time. He overclocks and his phones usually burn out within a year, but you seem to know what you're doing.

14. xnutzii
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2019

xnutzii , Sep 1, 2019 :
    Well, I overclocked my 5T too, but yeah, some could say I definitely know what I do (mostly). Have a nice Sunday afternoon.

15. Wilberforcezen
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

Same to you man!

xnutzii likes this.