Style Swap Back Covers...Not My Cup of Tea

1. arrisquddus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 2, 2014

arrisquddus , Dec 2, 2014 :
    By now we have all heard of Style Swap Covers. If you haven't it's an accessory which allows you to take the back cover off your One and change it with a new back cover in a different material or color.

No official ones have been properly released yet to the masses (Bamboo does not count because it is on invite). Because of this I wanted to see what the big deal was about these swappable back covers so I purchased a third party white back cover from eBay ($14.50 for back cover, $4 for shipping). After a week and a half I recieved my back cover.

One Plus's official video regarding the removal of your original back cover was not very helpful so after watching a few more videos, Joshua Bane's video worked out for me. It was hard at first to get the original back cover off. I felt like I was damaging the internals of my One (specially the sim area), and I felt like I was scratching the external back cover sim tray area. Once I got the first click, it was easier to move things along.

Once I removed the original Sandstone cover I applied my (third party) White back cover. Once I applied it, I noticed that I didn't have any buttons because they were attached to the Sandstone cover. Because of the lack of buttons and overall I didn't like the white look I removed the white cover. This time it was a lot harder because it wasn't an official case.

I put my original Sandstone cover back on and I put the case back over it and in just gonna leave it that way because after struggling with the back cover removal process I just want to keep it safe.

That's really it, I just wanted to share my experience with a third party swappable back cover.

2. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2014

Chinda , Dec 2, 2014 :
    The OnePlus One StyleSwap covers are excellent in my opinion :) just pity we have to wait for OnePlus 2 for the full range of them. Thats the risk you take buying off scalpers, not all them come with the buttons or sim card slot. If you really want to buy a StyleSwap cover from third party you should make sure in the description it says its includes sim card slot & buttons plus you should check there seller rating & message them with any inquiries before buying.

Nilesh Sajnani likes this.
  3. soriFern

4. magischerherbst

magischerherbst , Dec 2, 2014 :
    I thought you have to remove the buttons of the original cover and put them into the button place of the replacement cover.