Style swap backs

1. RetroRingo
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2015

RetroRingo , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I've received my OPT and love the carbon effect style swap back. It really gives the phone a classy look.

I also opened the Rosewood back that I also ordered and was hugely disappointed. It was very plasticky and fake looking. Horrible in comparison to my OPO Bamboo back (I realise there is a significant price difference though).

Has anyone else been disappointed with any of the latest backs for the OPT?

mv740 likes this.
  2. mopsert
    KitKat Sep 28, 2015

mopsert , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I also have both, the Kevlar and the Rosewood swap covers, and I think they are both great.

I can't say, that the Rosewood feels plasticky compared to the bamboo of my OPO.

rphlfjrd likes this.
  3. nToxik
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2015

4. RetroRingo
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2015

5. wtfhsf
    KitKat Sep 28, 2015

wtfhsf , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Thread moved

RetroRingo and rphlfjrd like this.
  6. benluca
    KitKat Sep 28, 2015

benluca , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Firstly, you were wise to order extra back plates. They look great and are very fairly priced. I'm surprised at your feeling on the rosewood, I thought it looked pretty good. You're right on the carbon fiber, it looks GREAT.

RetroRingo likes this.
  7. Benxter
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

Benxter , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I have the Black Apricot Cover and I wanna know if it is really made out of wood since it doesn't feels like it?!

8. billq
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2015

billq , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Ow . I thought the black apricot was an apricot texture touch in black I didn't know it was a wood . lol:oops:

pa5t1s and Benxter like this.
  9. PM42
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2015

PM42 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    211.jpg
    WHAAAAAAT ! i am surprised.
    I thought the swap covers were made of original material as claimed ( bamboo should be of bamboo, kevlar should be of kevlar, rosewood should be real rosewood) and youre saying its plasticky and fake looking !!!
    Reading this,drowns me. drinking problem.gif
    I have a kevlar swap cover and i had the exact feeling yesterday,
    when i removed the original brand new phone's plastic finished Sandstone cover.
    * mumbles something about economies of scale*
    So rosewood looks so nice and few pictures would be appreciated. :(
    I assume you've bought these original from OP right and not from somewhere else ?

pa5t1s likes this.
  10. RetroRingo
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2015

RetroRingo , Sep 29, 2015 :
    PM42, Yes, these came direct from Oneplus with my order for the handset itself... I'm pretty sure these are not genuine wood or carbon... The price itself would suggest so. The OPO bamboo back (if you could get it) retailed on the site at £45 (IIRC). That was actual Bamboo. These retail at less than half that...

PM42 likes this.
  11. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Sep 29, 2015

pa5t1s , Sep 29, 2015 :
    I do agree @RetroRingo : the new StyleSwap covers are not as 'premium' as the original Bamboo for OPO: more 'plastic', less 'wood' (when applicable). I think it's because of the design (and requirements) of the cover itself: new covers are far more easier to remove/apply, whereas first ones were more fragile but (almost) non-removable.
    That said, the overall 'look' is nice ;)

benluca and PM42 like this.
  12. benluca
    KitKat Sep 29, 2015

benluca , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Good point, and you're absolutely right ... and something that doesn't bother me at all, given the (relatively) low price point on these. I paid $80 for my Bamboo back on the One Plus One, very happy to pay so little for (several) of these, and they do look GREAT.

pa5t1s likes this.
  13. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Sep 29, 2015

pa5t1s , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Yes, they are great. Cheaper ofc, but still great. Far more easy to handle too... :)

14. ManiBaker
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2015

ManiBaker , Sep 29, 2015 :
    If the apricot was set into a black plastic cover it would look muck better.
    It's the tacky cream trim that puts me off

15. mv740
    Eclair Sep 29, 2015

mv740 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    When i saw the OP2 in the website,i didnt like very much the original cover, and loved the one in rosewood (so... i bought it with the phone). Am i disapointed?!?...well.. yeah!
    In hand you have a completely diferent perception.. the original cover looks pretty good actualy (!) , and the rosewood cover.. slightly remembers a (not very tastefull) after market steering wheel in fake wood (painted plastic)!
    Also, it doesnt look that good because the front of the phone is black.. the sides are silver (aluminium).. and the back is brown (wood), lacks harmony between them all.
    Today i wouldnt buy the rosewood (or the bamboo) cover, i would go for a dark one (any one, depending on the material you prefer)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

16. Timotis
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2015

Timotis , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Have to agree, I ordered the Rosewood and was expecting its to be like my Bamboo OPO, but like you said, it had that Plastic fake look.

mv740 likes this.