[Substratum] List Of Substratum themes that Officially Supports OOS 8.0 Oreo.

1. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2017

sammerasker , Dec 17, 2017 :
    IMPORTANT: Before updating OOS both beta or stable , you MUST Disable and uninstall all layers , then install and apply layers according to the Bellow instructions after a successful OS update.

Notice/ read the following to apply theme after march Security Patch

Since OOS Oreo released and many Themes started to Officially offer support to OnePlus devices on Oxygen 8.0 (some for even Nougat), of course that's because on Oreo's compatibility with Substratum and because OnePlus doesn't heavily change the UI.

Substratum itself can be used with or without root.
    but the advantage in Android 8.0 is using it without root , but for that you'll need Andromeda, an add-on that allows the use of Substratum without root, you'll need to root the simple guide they have to make it work from ADB,

Andromeda Play Store
    Andromeda How-To Guide

once you have it ready then you can install and apply themes... and i've been posting in beta threads about compatible ones, but i decided to make an Independent thread for easy access.

OOS Officially compatible Themes linked to Play Store. (ones that i know of):

recommendations On Changing Themes ...
    Follow the next steps in order to eliminate issues and bugs:

1. read the developers recommendations for OOS carefully and follow them.
    2. Don't apply 2 themes at once, at least not to the same Element.
    3. when you update a theme read the new update log, it might require you remove all layers 1st.
    4. some themes require Dark theme on OOS and some require the default...etc, so again be careful and read instructions.
    5. when changing themes (removing a theme and moving to another) follow the next steps not to face issues and probably screw OOS theme Engine (these are important for System elements & apps, and can be ignored for 3rd party apps) :
    if you know of any other theme that supports OOS, please put it on a reply and I'll add it to the main post.

Rescue guide:
    New Rescue for Unlocked bootloader.
    Rescue guide for Locked bootloader: Credit to
    idkwhoiam322 & @Daan_Eekhofアニメ

Enjoy & Theme On.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018

2. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 17, 2017

Sun90 , Dec 17, 2017 :
    Good you came up with one atlast.
    Will bookmark it for future use.
    Do maintain it time to time.

3. amolsapre1
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2017

amolsapre1 , Dec 17, 2017 :
    Thanks for this guide! [e]1f44d[/e]
    If I may suggest, could you also add flashing the fallback zip files which only works for people using custom recoveries? These files are created by substratum app and are located in the substratum app folder in the internal storage.

1513508834863.jpg

sammerasker and Sun90 like this.
  4. chetannd
    Eclair Dec 17, 2017

sammerasker likes this.
  5. sammerasker

will sure keep it updated , with even latest updated to mentioned themes.

thank you , i totally forgot to add it...it's added now. :)

Sun90 and amolsapre1 like this.
  6. sammerasker

thank you , i didn't know that , added.

GopalB. and Sun90 like this.
  7. Mst1216
    Froyo Dec 17, 2017

8. sammerasker

Sun90 likes this.
  9. MGreyWolf

MGreyWolf , Dec 17, 2017 :
    what if no twrp installed? what to do?

10. sammerasker

if no TWRP, so you're probably not rooted, and most likely wont have the issues that would require those files...
    but if you did have a boot loop (the only case you'd need it) , you'll have to flash twrp.
    that said, i tested most of the above on Oreo OOS and the worst that can happen is UI bugs, and can be resolved by disabling the themes and clearing them (discriped above) and then a reboot.

Ak@oneplus likes this.
  11. MGreyWolf

okay thanks. it happened to me twice and I do system reset.

kush Tolani likes this.
  12. sammerasker

wow, what themes caused you a loop?
    a lot of themes support stock Oreo, but that's mostly just Nexus and Pixel devices, so when applied specially to system it causes issues...
    that's why i only included ones that explicitly support OOS Oreo... on any of the above themes, i never faced a loop except for MNML Clock, but that was on a previous version that didn't support OOS, i have the current version installed without an issue... you need to apply only the ones marked as for OOS

13. MGreyWolf

not one of those. the dirty dark theme did. :)

sammerasker likes this.
  14. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2017

sammerasker , Dec 21, 2017 :
    7 new themes added with partial support, i intend on testing 3 of them , i'll report back when i do.... if someone tested or tests any of them please report.

15. Husnaat
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

Husnaat , Dec 21, 2017 :
    I know I'm just gonna sound stupid but what's the difference between themes with partial support and themes that are fully supported?

16. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2017

sammerasker , Dec 21, 2017 :
    partial support will theme only few parts of the UI, we have to test it and find out what exactly they did theme...
    full support theme every thing without issues, partial support may also have bugs...
    the one confirmed thing so far about the newly added ones is that they wont cause a bootloop, so they can be applied , tested, and removed without issue, but they may have bugs.

Husnaat likes this.
  17. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 25, 2017

sammerasker , Dec 25, 2017 :
    just came to my knowledge that the themes AOSP UI (Drak , Dark Blue and Black ) are free for the next 10 hours, worth checking
    thanks to @Punk_69 for the info

Punk_69 likes this.
  18. Yeshwanth A
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2017

19. Punk_69
    Lollipop Dec 26, 2017

sammerasker and VaibhavBhargava like this.
  20. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 26, 2017

VaibhavBhargava , Dec 26, 2017 :
    Yeah, I was able to get my hands on all of them, bit haven't tried them yet :p

sammerasker and Punk_69 like this.