Sudden Reboot decryption needed

1. G_Jesus_Gonzalez_nLah
    Eclair Feb 10, 2021

G_Jesus_Gonzalez_nLah , Feb 10, 2021 :
    My phone suddenly rebooted and it is telling me that it needs a decrypt code but i don't have one and the phone can't be turned off and it is stuck on a black screen with a minimalist keyboard and the Oneplus logo. This happened while the phone was on standby. One Plus 8 pro
    SOLVED!
    You have to enter :
    code pin or password (yes number passwords still work)
    English
    Exit
    Reboot

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 10, 2021

Tobikage , Feb 10, 2021 :
    Did you try your phone PIN or password that you might have set ?

G_Jesus_Gonzalez_nLah likes this.
  3. Frostywuff
    Honeycomb Feb 10, 2021

4. Louis Cochard
    Gingerbread Feb 10, 2021

5. G_Jesus_Gonzalez_nLah
    Eclair Feb 11, 2021

G_Jesus_Gonzalez_nLah , Feb 11, 2021 :
    Thanks!
    It worked

6. Antok
    Eclair Jul 7, 2021

Antok , Jul 7, 2021 :
    I have just done an update on my oneplus 9 and I am now stuck on this decryption screen too.
    I only have a password on the phone there is no code on the SIM card or anything else I have entered the password multiple times and tried resetting using the Volume Up button and the power button but it just comes back to this screen again

DHeat76 likes this.
  7. DHeat76
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2021

DHeat76 , Jul 12, 2021 :
    I'm having the same issue w/my OnePlus 9- it restarted & has been stuck on a decryption screen requiring a password/passcode that I never set. Even still, I attempted the only password/passcode I use & it doesn't work. It's done this once before randomly & I entered the same code I entered now & it's not working. Customer support has also not been able to help. They keep saying they're sending emails to request the IMEI/OS version & proof of purchase (which I'd gladly provide) but they never send the email. Brand new phone & it's unusable.

8. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2021

Tee_Eee_Bee , Jul 13, 2021 :
    If you are unable to use your password, you might need to use an brick tool from here:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-9-9-pro-9r-unbrick-msmdownloadtool/

Be careful as this will wipe any data on your device and do a fresh installation of the software at whatever version is contained in the msm tool.

9. I1603883679072
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2021

I1603883679072 , Jul 20, 2021 :
    Is there maybe an update on this? I'm having the same issue on a 8T which ran out of battery, I fully charged it and when I turned it on it started asking for a password. There's no option to use a fingerprint authentication and the phone's password doesn't work. There's a forgot password option but it comes with the warning "You will LOSE everything(Music, pics, etc)" and I do not want to agree with that.