OxygenOS [Suggestion] Extra security layer (locking/hiding apps)

1. kimjay
    Donut Dec 22, 2016

kimjay , Dec 22, 2016 :
    Hi guys, I've recently purchased OnePlus 3T.

Wondering if there is a way to add pattern, PIN or password lock just before opening specific apps like gallery/photos, contacts, messages, custom specified apps?

I would like to see this feature in the upcoming builds.

I'm not entirely sure, but if you install a 3rd party app that does the app-locking on a non-rooted device, i assume you would be able to just force-stop the app-locker bypassing it and making it redundant, that's why I believe it's critical that it is officially implemented by OnePlus so that the app-locker is a Android-system-app that cannot be 'forcefully closed'.

ps: I'm not aware if such feature already exists, if it does please notify me.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016

2. wenna
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2016

wenna , Dec 22, 2016 :
    This already exists within Oxygen os. Under security and fingerprint settings there is app locker.

3. kimjay
    Donut Dec 22, 2016

kimjay , Dec 22, 2016 :
    Hmm, seems like there's not much customisation and (i think) it lacks security.

eg: If you lock the gallery/photos using the app-locker you've mentioned and if you download and install a new app to view photos or edit photos like Adobe Lightroom it just bypasses the gallery app-lock.

Which defeats the purpose of locking your photos when they can be accessed from another way. (like locking your front door but leaving window and back door open...)

Maybe because this is just an "app locker" and not "file locker".

Either way I'd like to see an improvement to this by OnePlus

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016