Suggestion: introduce battery charge limit

1. mladenijs
    Donut Jun 16, 2019

mladenijs , Jun 16, 2019 :
    true. I have experienced this with the OnePlus 6. It was unlocked and rooted and had Widevine L3 but upon selling the device I have reinstalled the original rom which also installs the original bootloader. Then I relocked the bootloader via Fastboot and Widevine was set back to L1.

2. mladenijs
    Donut Jun 16, 2019

but don't try to relock the bootloader while you are using TWRP or the device will end up in a boot loop...

3. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 16, 2019

elanglois , Jun 16, 2019 :
    Not true. Once the keys are loaded, you become the OEM. Sign the images with your keys and you can have rooted custom ROMs with twrp and a locked bootloader.

4. mladenijs
    Donut Jun 16, 2019

elanglois

Not true. Once the keys are loaded, you become the OEM. Sign the images with your keys and you can have rooted custom ROMs with twrp and a locked bootloader.​

If that is true you might have found a solution to this issue! I do think however you will also need to go through the Widevine certification process again and I wonder if they allow such things to happen. I wonder if someone in this community is willing to give your suggestion a try! Beware that messing around with bootloaders will erase user data as you will unlock and relock the bootloader. Each time you change its state, user data will be erased due to security reasons.

5. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 16, 2019

elanglois , Jun 16, 2019 :
    I'm well aware. If you stay on OOS, you should be able to get both root and widevine. I just don't have the time to mess with it yet

6. mladenijs
    Donut Jun 16, 2019

I am very patient ;)

elanglois likes this.
  7. Ovidiu1234
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

Ovidiu1234 , Aug 9, 2019 :
    there's Chargie - it bounces charging between two levels that you set, so you never practically charge to 100% unless you want to. Just google for "chargie stick" and see what it's all about.

8. mladenijs
    Donut Aug 9, 2019

mladenijs , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Thanks for this but I don't like this concept. You need an extra piece of hardware that basically behaves like a switch via Bluetooth (plus will it allow DASH charge to pass through?). Battery charging limitation should just be a built-in option in OxygenOS that allows you to choose if you want your battery to be recharged or until what level you want your battery to be recharged. For example, I use my phone to fly a drone (DJI Mavic 2 Pro) and the phone simply drains the battery of the drone controller. I prefer being able to just cut this charging to save battery for my drone controller (at whatever battery level my phone is).

9. loojiay88
    Donut Sep 20, 2019

loojiay88 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Hi guys so apple iOS is implementing 80% charge limit. Oneplus will follow soon?
    1569019094329.jpg