Support for ASHA (Audio Streaming to Hearing Aids)

1. bsg
    Donut Jan 18, 2020

bsg , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Android 10 is now open to support this function! iOS has this for years.
    If Oneplus wants their phones to be flagship killers, they need to add support ASHA urgently. It is an essential part of a flasgship to support this. I am on my 6th Oneplus device, now on 7T Pro, and hate to have to go to iPhone for this, after getting my first hearing aids just recently...
    Pixel is already supporting this

2. bsg
    Donut Jan 18, 2020

bsg , Jan 18, 2020 :
    This is the list of Android (not even flagships) that support the function already:
    upload_2020-1-18_15-7-37.png

3. onecube1
    Froyo Jan 19, 2020

onecube1 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 19, 2020 :
    very disappointed brought OnePlus 7T pro month ago.

wish have pixel first place.

OnePlus will add support ASHA or never?

before sell it and switch pixel.

4. G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2020

G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb , Jan 27, 2020 :
    Technically iOS has never had this and if it ever does it will be a long time. iOS uses the MFi protocol (Made For iPhone). This is a proprietary protocol developed by Apple and as I have come to expect from Apple they have now allowed any other manufacturer to use it.

Google, GN, and other have collaborated to create their own open specification that any one can use and that does not require customization from accessability manufacturers such as that Apple had. Cochlear had to create their device to be MFi compatible. ASHA works with cochlear implants and hearing aids that have existed since before the ASHA protocol was created (i.e. Nucleus 7) by using other already open protocols such as BlueTooth BLE.

5. G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2020

G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb , Jan 27, 2020 :
    Where did you get this list of compatible phones? Cochlear lists much fewer phones as being compatible which is available at https://www.cochlear.com/apps/en/sound-processor-and-app/compatibility.

As of the time of writing, it's only the Google Pixel 3 & 4 series and the Samsung S10 series.

I'm interested to see if there's a more current list available.

P.S. I have the OnePlus 7 Pro too.

6. bsg
    Donut Jan 30, 2020

bsg , Jan 30, 2020 :
    You're right, the list is indeed too long. Your list is correct.

7. G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2020

G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb , Jan 30, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update bsg. Sometimes big companies can have different info in multiple locations, lose track, and you get some spots that are more current then others so I was hoping there was a more current list but I appreciate you letting me know.

Now I just sit back and wait for the ASHA support to roll out :)

P.S. I feel like we're overdue for an OTA update but it's probably just me being impatient for the next update and don't count on my word that the next one will be the one with the ASHA support because it can always take longer / more updates before we get it. Knock on wood.

8. G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2020