[SUPPORT] The Malaysian Tech Support Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felix
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2014

Felix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Hi everyone :D

As promised earlier to our boss @Jevoly , I am creating and will be maintaining this technical support thread for fellow Malaysians :) Before we move on, I want to clarify that I am NOT a tech expert nor am I working for OnePlus. This thread is another learning curve for me, and I welcome all the helping hands I can get.

Rules/Code of Conduct:
    1. Problems with OnePlus One? Post it here and we will tackle it together.
    2. Everyone is welcome to post your questions here. Don't be shy just because you are new to Android or OnePlus One.
    3. If solution to a problem is taken from source(s) within or outside the forum, do quote/link the source(s) to your replies. This will at least acknowledge the original post and adds credibility to your answer.
    4. Keep your egos at home. This is a community sharing thread. Even if you are an expert on all problems Android, do respect the other members, be they from MIS or not.
    5. If your problem is related to purchasing the OnePlus One, please refer to this thread.
    6. Keep it clean, keep it simple. Mind your language.
    7. Relax, and enjoy your stay :p
    If all fails, contact the official experts here.
    #NeverSettle
    #MIS

Q & A:

Guide - by @Haters_Gonna_H8 (Our Guru :D)

CM11S FRESH CLEAN INSTALL
    Steps:
    1. Backup > https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ech-support-thread.146030/page-5#post-6668239
    2. Unlock Bootloader > https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ech-support-thread.146030/page-5#post-6668254
    3. Install TWRP/Rooting/EFS Backup > https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ech-support-thread.146030/page-5#post-6668270
    4. Nandroid Backup/Internal Storage backup/Wipe data/Install CM11S > https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ech-support-thread.146030/page-5#post-6668290
    5. Sideloading OTA Update/Reinstall TWRP and ROOT access/Restore data > https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ech-support-thread.146030/page-5#post-6668548

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

2. DukeJester
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

DukeJester , Oct 14, 2014 :
    I cant update to 38R. It shows skipping MD5 and MD5 not found. Tried flashing manually also cannot. Please help.

3. yeahjamal
    Donut Oct 14, 2014

yeahjamal , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Great thread and not mixed up over the local fan post thread..

Since i have my phone updated this morning with the latest OTA 38R if i recall correctly..

Strangely my settings are set disable vibrate upon touch, yet it still vibrates when i type and dial numbers..

Any fix for this?

attempted fix for now :

enable and disable touch vibrate settings
    reboot phone

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

4. weikang2753
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

weikang2753 , Oct 14, 2014 :
    If using stock kernel, you off the phone, plug the phone to wall charger, the phone will boot and go into charging screen with a battery icon charging.

If I flash franco kernel, off the phone, plug the phone to wall plug charger, the phone will infinite boot loop.

If I flash AK kernel, off the phone, plug the phone to wall charger, the phone will stuck at boot screen.

but in both case, franco and AK, although with strange behavior, the phone is still charging despite the boot loop and frozen boot screen ;)

and still can boot normally without connect the phone with wall charger when boot up.

any comment on this? :D

5. Felix

6. Felix

Felix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    So, did it work? You are on stock keyboard? Go to Android Keyboard Settings > General > untick Vibrate on Keypress.

Alpha Lee and finaldentiny like this.
  7. yeahjamal
    Donut Oct 14, 2014

yeahjamal , Oct 14, 2014 :
    disregard on that.. i've manage to resolved this already .. thanks a lot Felix!

i stumbled with this on youtube :

1st issue resolved on this thread

:D:p:cool::)

Alpha Lee and Felix like this.
  8. vintcf
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

vintcf , Oct 14, 2014 :
    When I update mine via OTA, it show the same as his (MD5 file not found and skipping) but it able to updated wo. Now mine is 38R with Build date - Mon Oct 6 10:55:39: PDT 2014, Build number KTU84Q

9. Felix

Felix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    I went to his G+ page. Apparently someone is facing the same issue. Only solution so far is going back to stock kernel.

I use FKU r25. However, i don't shut down when charging. hehe. Just leave the OnePlus as it is.

10. Felix

Felix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Go to Settings > Language and Input > Under Keyboard & Input methods, click on the settings icon (looks like a gear) for Android Keyboard (AOSP)

11. DukeJester
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

Downloading now.

Felix likes this.
  12. DukeJester
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

13. Felix

Felix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Yeah. I am also on the same build. Flashed the ROM from the XDA thread. To me, that is full proof. Only need to do titanium backup first. And never forget nandroid backup as well.

Let me know how it goes.

DukeJester likes this.
  14. DukeJester
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

Wat is nandroid backup?

15. DukeJester
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

Yeah. It works. Thanx a million

finaldentiny, Felix and vintcf like this.
  16. weikang2753
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

ya normally no body will shut off and charge the phone. but in case, there is some one who flashed custom kernel, never bring charger / power bank / forget to charge the phone, and he wish to charge and boot up the phone, will face this issue..

10721365_10152489970112832_1098984463_n.jpg

neugal likes this.
  17. Felix

Felix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Ok. Since you are rooted, you need to:

1. Download Titanium Backup from Play Store to backup all of your apps.
    2. If you have messages to backup, you can download SMS Backup as well.
    3. Ensure Google Sync is on and all your contacts are sync to your Google account.
    4. Download SuperSU
    5. Go to Settings > Developer Options > untick Update CM Recovery
    6. Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone (if you download using PC). Otherwise, the zip file is already in your phone's Download folder.
    7. Boot to TWRP Recovery (shut down first, then press power+volume down)
    8. In TWRP go to Backup. Ensure Boot, System and Data is marked. You can name your backup if you want. Otherwise, Swipe to Back Up. This is the nandroid backup. It backs up your current ROM, all of it.
    9. Once done, go back to main menu, select Wipe, and swipe to Factory Reset
    10. Once done, go to install, select the file you download just now, and swipe to confirm flash
    11. Once done, go to install, select SuperSU, and swipe to confirm flash. I'm a bit paranoid about losing root, so I always do this step even though the ROM is already rooted.
    12. Once done, Reboot System.
    13. After going through the setup process, first thing to do is download Titanium Backup to restore all your apps.
    I'll write up a more detailed guide when free.

octopuss, neugal, banchew and 2 others like this.
  18. Felix

Felix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Ya kan? I didn't think of that. hehe. But it still charges right? Only bootloop the whole way... Hmm. I'll check back the FK thread and let you know if there's a fix for this.

19. DukeJester
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

Wah...u r pro. But before I saw this I already flashed. Lucky that all is intact. Twrp I haven check. Recovery I not sure.

Felix likes this.
  20. weikang2753
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

Ya.. still charge.. but keep boot,vibrate, off , boot, vibrate.. until you feel that is is enough power to boot on and unplug from the wall charger. But keep vibrate quite annoying xD