[Surprise Revealed] Tell us your story, we'll shout it to the world!

1. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

YRJ , Dec 3, 2019 :
    story.png

Olà Amigos,
    How are you all? It's already December, the last month of 2019. How's the cold? :grin: How is the year treating you so far?
    If you have been following the recent contest threads you must know that almost every idea Revolves around hearing your story!
    With a community so huge and diverse, everyone has a story of their own.

Earlier, when we asked you to share your username stories, I was amazed by the response! Who'd have ever thought that there could be so much to something as mere as a username?

Well today, we are doing it again.... We are asking you to share your stories with us.... except that this time there are no limits, no bounds. The story you wish to share can be absolutely ANYTHING. It can be inspirational, motivational, a life event, tragedy, comedy or something you've crafted yourself! ;)
    We will accept anything provided it's your own.
    Feel free to add pictures with your story!
    We have excellent wordsmiths in the community and I'm waiting to be surprised, again.

Prizes:

While you share and read the stories, forum santa, @Crystal Z. has something that will keep you cozy and warm this winter! ;) Up for grabs are Never Settle Hoodies! but in addition to that we have a very sweet surprise for the winning story. We are holding back from revealing what it is, just yet but I'm certain you'll appreciate it!

//UPDATE - Surprise Revealed!//
    @Chris dB has revealed that the winning entry will automatically enter Addition no.2!
    More info here

Rules:
    • You just need to reply to this thread with a story of your own to enter the contest.
    • No limit on the number of entries.
    • All content that you submit to this thread must be your own. If we detect Plagiarism, your content will be removed and will be warned in accordance to forum rules.
    • Your post must not contain derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way and/or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.

I hope the rules are clear, if you still have any questions please drop them in this thread and I'll be happy to answer. I can't wait to read the stories :D

Never Settle!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019 at 1:25 PM

woSch, York_21, Teddy K. and 47 others like this.
  2. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 9, 2019 at 6:57 AM

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 9, 2019 at 6:57 AM :
    Hey Guys,
    We appreciate everyone sharing your stories. It's been a good week reading your posts.

Here is something that might increase chances of your excellent literary piece being read, completely.
    We do have a TL;DR club around here, who don't quite read huge stories. :p

What I would suggest is use different text formatting and colors to highlight the most important part/ turning points of your story. It makes it visually appealing and encourages users to read.

Also, if you can add related image/s with your story that will further enhance your post.
    Of course, these are just tips and not necessarily a requirement.

As for the prizes,
    The contest will run indefinitely, until we have 5 winners. So keep sharing your stories.
    The thread will be updated as and when the winners are picked.

Regards!

woSch, GopalB., buntycubal and 8 others like this.
  3. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2019

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 3, 2019

5. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Dec 3, 2019

6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019

7. Dresa91
    Android Q Dec 3, 2019

Dresa91 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    My own story. I would like to relate my actual story to this year.
    This year was all about finishing my Master's degree. And I have come quite a bit closer to it.
    I was able to print my Master's thesis this week and will hand it in next Monday.

This will be a milestone and I have achieved my personal goal of achieving my Master's degree at the age of 30 at the latest. I am now 28 years old and have achieved that.
    Now I can look further into the future and next I can look after my own house for my wife and me:)

8. Dresa91
    Android Q Dec 3, 2019

9. B.I.T.S.
    KitKat Dec 3, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Once upon a time...

Never mind.

I hope you win a hoodie my boo! Good luuuuuck ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

10. GopalB. , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Here's something I wrote on 10th Feb 2018...

This story is about a guy and a girl...
    So there was this guy, who once met a girl, for some reason they just hated each other since the 1st encounter... They couldn't stand each other a bit and whenever they met, they fought... He'll say something and she'll react to it and then she'll say something and he'll react to it...
    This kept on going for few years, at any friend's party, get togethers, weddings... if they see each other they'll fight for sure...
    But then the girl decided to move to another country for her education and after a month she started to remember all those fights... how and why they fought... What all things he said to her... And then she started missing all that!!!
    She tried to stay busy for few months, hoping those feelings would go away... But that never happened...
    So now she asked few of her common friends for his number...
    She calls him...
    And the number was disconnected...
    She asks others friends, even the guy's friends, but all of them had the same number...
    Now she lost all her hopes and was not able to concentrate on her studies anymore...
    It was valentine's day and the door bell rings... She was home alone as all other flat mates were out on a date... She opens the door and a postman was standing there with a letter...
    She took the letter, signed the papers and closed the door...
    It was for the same guy...
    Tears starts flowing from her eyes and she opens the letter...
    "Hi you fool,
    I was so happy when my friends told me you were leaving finally... I told myself that now I can live in peace... We had a party that night... And I got into some argument with one of my friend... But I felt I was missing something during that argument...
    I was not enjoying it like I used to enjoy our silly fights...
    And then I started crying for some reason... I was missing you on the day you left... How foolish right!!!
    I called few friends and got your address and calculated how much money would be needed to reach where you were...
    It took me few months to collect that and I flew over there to meet you...
    But you were not there... I was lost... I had little to no money... No phone...
    I was roaming around for few days... Aimlessly...
    Then I did something stupid... I asked random guys and girls for the permissions to use their phone... And got your parents number from your friends...
    I called them and asked your current address... (Don't hate me for this...)
    I wrote a letter and borrowed a post men's uniform from a post man...
    Happy Valentine's Day... "

She ran towards the door and he was standing on the other side with tears filled eyes...
    She started crying like crazy and hugged him...

11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Is it your story sloth prez?

12. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Nice story ex Prez
    Lies :rolleyes:

14. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2019

15. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Thanks... [​IMG]

Ok, few parts of the story are inspired by true events... That's it... [​IMG]

16. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I wrote that for one person... And after that person, this is the only other place I've posted this...
    It was just collecting dust... [​IMG]

17. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 3, 2019 :
    You have guts to share.... I can't even dare to recall my past:oops:

18. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 3, 2019 :
    ;)
    That's more like it :p
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

19. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Most of that is not true tho... [​IMG]

20. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

21. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2019

Impersonal , Dec 3, 2019 :

As a great, awesome host for this event you should start and share something, you know the power of example and all that ;), Cheers!

Ps: is there any timeframe for this endeavor....

Pss: I'm guessing the secret prize is a pair of olive green bw2 :laughing:, since that's the only thing on OP mind lately ;)