[Surprise Revealed] Tell us your story, we'll shout it to the world!

1. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

YRJ , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Haha! I never knew that acute and grave diacritical marks made a diff :p
    Olá :D

jlasensiofi and dsmonteiro like this.
  2. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

YRJ , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Soon :D :p
    Will have the deadline added by tomorrow. ;)
    Uhm.... I don't know. But it's not something ordinary ;)

jlasensiofi and Impersonal like this.
  3. TibiTibi
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

4. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I have one more story that I wrote in 2016... Its kinda long and stupid... [​IMG]
    Also its made in a way that its not actually finished...
    Let me know if someone wants me to share that as well...

Disclaimer, It contains too many errors and is too distracting at times... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019

5. Lnicoletti
    Froyo Dec 3, 2019

Lnicoletti , Dec 3, 2019 :
    My personal growth experience

1 year and 5 days ago I landed in London. I was moving here to start a new life. I am a young Italian, Android Engineer who had lived in Milan, Italy for almost 2 years before making the decision to move abroad. I don't know what exactly drove this decision, it actually started as just a challenge to my self: 'Prove your self you're good enough to get jobs offers from capital cities around the world'.
    So I started sending my CV over, and after a month I had several opportunities to chose between. I ended up choosing London as I had a friend who recently (just 7 months before me) moved there.
    On the 3rd of December, exactly 1 year ago I started a new job as an Android Engineer for a new company here in London. I've always been shy and introvert so starting over in a completely new city without knowing almost anyone was a real challenge for me.

Months went by and I made some friends out from colleagues. I started attending meetups and talking to strangers in order to make new friends/connections and/or opportunities.
    Few other months went by and I decided, out of nowhere to submit a talk to a conference, one of the most know one in the Android world: `DroidCon`. The one in Madrid, which was at its first occurrence. I got accepted and went on stage. I was feeling anxious as f**k.
    During the presentation, I was sweating as never before and the entire day long before it I was so anxious I could not attend any other talk. But I managed to do it, and I also enjoyed it. I submitted to other conferences and I, for now, spoke at 5 of them. I'm less and less anxious about speaking in public and I'm moving out of my comfort zone as much as I can in order to improve my social skills.

I'll have the last conference of the year at the end of December and I can't wait to be on the stage again.

Speak about 1-year transformations!
    I'm so happy I exposed my self and gave a try to such challenges during this year, I hope I'll be able to push myself even further the next year and keep doing what I'm doing right now, without going back.

Hope you enjoyed my story! :)

6. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

YRJ , Dec 3, 2019 :
    giphy-6.gif
    All the best for the presentation and I wish you have an amazing 2020 :)

7. aolirl
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

aolirl , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Nice thread idea.

Well being of an older generation I will share a story from my youth,
    it is set in a small rural village in Ireland and from a time when we
    were always outside playing and often up to no good!
    Nowadays kids are mostly inside on their free time hooked up to some
    electronic device.

The story goes like this . . .

We were walking along the edge of the abandoned quarry, a place forbidden
    by our parents and a place frequently visited by us when we weren't up to some other mischief.

scattered around in one location were a series of boreholes used by the quarry workers to
    blast fresh rock away to processed lower down on the quarry floor. Beside one of the
    boreholes lay a partly used tube of what looked like jelly. Putting 1 and 1 together we
    deduced that this was … EXPLOSIVES!

You can imagine the excitement this had on us, we didn't know how to approach it
    but we knew what we wanted to do so we set about trying to make it go BANG.

The first thing we did was to throw it off the edge 40" down to the quarry floor,
    surely the impact would detonate it? The only thing that was immense was the
    disappointment of having to retrace our steps to gather the tube from the quarry.

Our next task was to find some form of detonation device, we scoured all the little
    huts and buildings around the quarry complex but the only thing we could find
    was what we later knew to be welding rods, we thought these were fuses so
    we spent a good 30 minutes trying to light those damn fuses!
    oh how innocent we were and out interest soon fizzled out as the evening approached.

The adventure of that day lasted hours and luckily we didn't kill or maim ourselves
    in the process but we did get a good talking to from our parents fir being late for
    dinner . . .again!

Of course the proper way to detonate those explosives at the time was to pass
    an electrical current through it. Luckily we didn't have internet and mobile phones
    because we would have found a way. those were simpler times.

script, Caomhin, Ruby G. and 5 others like this.
  8. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

YRJ , Dec 3, 2019 :
    That's sooo cruel. I was interested....
    Looking forward to the rest of the story ;D

jlasensiofi and Impersonal like this.
  9. sharibhasan694 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Dec 3, 2019 :
    My name is Sharib. I come from Rajasthan, India. I completed my schooling there itself. after finishing my school life, I shifted to Bangalore for graduation. That presented an entire different picture to me. I was absolutely terrified when I came to know that we have to give PowerPoint presentations for every subject in front of 90 odd students. They almost give me heart attacks every single time during the first year. I somehow overcame my stage fright giving this presentations over and over again.

Then in second year, came an opportunity wherein we had to take part in a campus connect fest and my name was allotted to an event I dreaded the most - Dancing. Speaking in front of a crowd in itself was a mountain to climb, dancing in front of them would have gotten me to pass out. I had never danced in my life before. Our team had practiced for 3 hours and we had to perform for 1-1 minute each on 2 different songs. There was a crowd of around 2000 people ready to witness a live heart attack.

I set amongst the empty chairs during the lunch break to soak it all in. Eventually out turn came. I went on stage along with my team and instead of everything getting blanked out, I did my dance performance thinking of it as a means of expressing myself and actually enjoying the moment and soaking it all in because I knew this opportunity won't come again. Eventually our team ended up winning the entire dance competition out of all the other teams. That is one moment when I thought I can achieve anything and nothing is out of bounds. I genuinely became proud of the fact that I conquered my fears to a certain extent. It was an extremely memorable day for me.

10. aolirl
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

aolirl , Dec 3, 2019 :
    sorry, just updated ;)

YRJ and G_plusone like this.
  11. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Dec 3, 2019

jlasensiofi , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Great for a new opportunity @YRJ

In the previous one I could not write anything and I hope to do it here in a few days ...

Wonderwoman13, YRJ and G_plusone like this.
  12. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 3, 2019

luigimario , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Great story G.Pal! It's like a RomCom, I couldn't stop reading it. I just skipped by all the other long posts here lol. :p

13. GopalB. , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I can understand that... And thanks... (⌒‿⌒)

YRJ and buntycubal like this.
  14. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    So here it goes... Something I wrote in 2016 just because I was getting bored...
    (I'm sorry for the errors... Blame it on the young me...)
    (also I know this is a long one... And don't kill me after reading this...)

Writer's Block...

Chapter 0: The paper ball
    "I think I wanna be a writer. Ya I do! How much does a writer earn!!! Hmmm... ".
    And suddenly a paper ball hit me, "who did that?" and all six of my friends sitting with me started looking at each other and started pointing at each other.
    I noticed another piece of paper, partially crushed into a ball beside my dear friend angad. So I said (probably to the air in front of me) "I know it was you angad". My eyes were closed and hands crosses together. I opened my eyes and everyone was looking at me.
    I think they were confused or something (he has some sixth sense or something, how can he tell) , then I realised that the last sentence that came our from my mouth was really very unloud (yeah I just created a word in my mind to make myself look less stupid. In simple words, I probably just murmured that sentence). So I was like "yeah you heard me, it was angad who threw that paper ball at me."
    Angad, "and how can you say?"
    "the next piece of ammunition is clearly visible by your side"
    Rahul, "nice work Mr Holmes, now can we just enjoy the day."
    Ravi, "Ya its been like ages"
    Rahul, "astcchjbchnmln cfcxdghcbkk...." (I don't know what they were talking, or even if they existed anymore. Ya that's right, we were good friends in college. We are all graduates now and a few of us have jobs and others are... I don't know, preparing for government jobs maybe!!. It's our "friends reunion" after 1 year of graduation)

15. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Chapter 1: Mind writing
    OK ya I don't know what they were talking anymore. Their sounds just kept getting blur (can sound get blurred... I dont think so too, but that sounded better, I suppose).
    My mind was stuck on that one word, 'Holmes'. And I was like, ya detective stuff. Everyone likes it, it's like some kind of crowd favorite or something. I was killing people in my mind and solving their murders now. So how to write a murder mystery (ya there are other kind of detective stories too with less killing and more robbery or other stuffs, but everyone know people loves psycho killers, just look at Dexter (I am obsessed with that show, also not that scientist kid)).
    I was thinking let's create a perfect crime first, which is like better than any other crimes ever happened. And then I started to thinking about all the plots and crimes from all the movies and series that I ever saw. (ya its called... I dont know, "inspiration", "borrowing idea" or something).
    'The locked room murder', ok so a guy is killed (who'll gets more attention from the readers, a guy or a girl? I know...) sorry, it's a girl, and her dead body was found after being missing for three days. She was sitting on a chair in her room (should I add 'NAKED', and then describe her body too... Nah I have to think about everyone, this can result in low sales. But still nudity is required, just for those few who like to visualise everything they read). So she was wearing her night dress and nothing else (see what I did there). Everything was in place in her room, no sign of any struggle. And her room was locked from inside (nice and thrilling).
    Our protagonist is a boy, in his early twenties. He is a part-time detective, and is very well know (Part timer because he is from a wealthy family, just to make his origin story more interesting). One day he was having a coffee with his friend (girl friend off course) and just inbetween the conversation his friend said, "EARTH TO BHAGWAT... EARTH TO BHAGWAT"
    I opened my eyes and angad was standing so close to me that it looked he was trying to rub his "thing" against my back (that's just me over exaggerating stuff, he must be like a feet away from me). I panicked and shouted, WHAT HAPPENED ANGAD!?. And everyone started complaining, "you are with us or not, we are meeting after so long, you haven't said a word since hours" (I checked my watch, and its been exactly 25 minutes since we sat down), "why are you sleeping..."
    I said, "a girl just died in a locked room, will you guys let me solve the case" (and then I realised, SHIT).
    Everyone, "who", "which girl", "where", "how do you know", "why do you care", "have you joined the police force", "his eye sight is weak, they won't hire him", "they might have recruited him as clerk", "are there clerks in police force", "who writes the FIR?", "sub inspector or that 'Havaldar' guy I suppose", "what's the English word for 'Havaldar'", "what's the inspector's job"...
    I was like, what are they even talking about!!!
    This is what these people are doing since last 30 minutes.
    I said, sorry I'm just lost in my thoughts. Can you guys let me be and carry-on without me. And being the best friends they are, they denied my request with some of there friendly jargons (it should be pretty clear what they called me, those abusive goons).
    Ok so now I was talking to them and not myself and suddenly Ravi said, "you know there was a death in our hostel (wait what!, then I realised I was lost in my thoughts again).

16. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Chapter 2: And the story continues
    Let's name our protagonist, something catchy... Jacky (too cocky) is he Indian or should I write a story based on some foreign land? Nah Indians love "Desi" stories. And our population is also... you know... profitable, oh but many of us don't know English... should I write a hindi version too, nah bollywood will do that for me (This my friends is called living in your dreams). Ok so his name, Bhargav (will change if no one likes it, but for now it will do).
    So Pooja (being Indian, this is the most common name for a girl) and Bhargav were sitting in a cafe and Pooja was telling him about this death. So Bhargav got curious and asked,
    "when"
    "about a month ago"
    "was it a suicide?"
    "police is still investigating, but everyone suspects that"
    "so why are you telling me this?"
    (ya, why? you people are in your twenties and are discussing about deaths in a cafe. And how come that girl knows this much. She must be the murdered)
    "actually I think it was a murder"
    "what makes you think that?"
    "don't know, but she was not a girl who can commit suicide"
    "ok, what about the crime scene, is it still undisturbed?"
    "yes I suppose"
    "and what about police guards"
    "there are none, but they locked the door"
    "It's fine let's go and check the crime scene"
    "I forgot to tell you this, she was found in a room locked from inside"
    (and also wearing nothing but a night dress. Just to remind few of my perverted readers)
    This sentence was the one which made Bhargav interested in the case.
    They both went directly to her hostel. It was an old building with few broken windows and it looked like the pathway around the building was not cleaned from a long time.
    The entrance was as big as the Gateway of India (not true but this is how my mind works). After that we were greeted by the spiral staircase. Each floor had two wings and all the rooms were on both sides of the corridor. There was lobby connecting the stairs with corridors of both the wings. There were three floors in the building, each Wing having six rooms making it 36 roomed hostel.
    (to much details, is this even required?)
    The girl's room was on the second time floor, left wing middle room. Pooja's room was on the same floor but on the right wing (don't ask me why he knows that). So Bhargav unlocked the lock using his lock picking talents. He examined the door first to check if it was possible to make it look as if the door was locked from inside when in reality it was done from the outside. But it was impossible as the latch on the door was very old. Then he examined the windows. But the latch on Windows were old too. But they were oiled recently. The room was very tidy but Bhargav was looking into every single details very carefully.
    He asked Pooja to step out and locked the door from inside. He examined everything and then unlocked the door and asked her, if that girl had any boyfriend. "yes, they were too close, and they were planning to get married soon".
    He asked her few more questions and spent some time on his phone.
    He said "call the police, I should tell them my findings."
    The police arrived and started interrogating Bhargav since he entered the crime scene without permission, they were not ready to listen to his side of the story. Finally they settled down and Bhargav told them what he believed happened inside that room on the night of the murder.
    First thing that he pointed out was the boyfriend and him being absent from the college since the day crime was reported. Next thing he pointed out was the mess around the building and stuff below the window. Other than this he also pointed out the old metal pipes running down the beside the window. Lastly he pointed out the oiled window latch, and a piece of thread attached to a plastic ring on the floor.
    At this point of time Bhargav asked everyone from the hostel not to leave the building. (somewhere around this time, that boyfriend joined them too... Maybe police asked him to join) The boyfriend seemed frightened.
    Bhargav called out a name, Shilpa. And every girl present in that place started looking for the person he was calling. Shilpa walked towards Bhargav looking at the boyfriend (i forgot to give him a name) and the police. Bhargav asked her, "we're you two in a relationship before?" She said nothing, but the boyfriend, in shock now, replied "yes, but we broke up and it's been years".
    Bhargav raised his hand while trying to make his statement impactful, "the one who murdered this girl is..." BHAGWAT... BHAGWAT... (and my friends ruined it again!).

17. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Chapter 3: The block
    I shouted "WHAT IS IT NOW!"
    "It's already 8, we are going back home" (it's only 8, are you guys in school?, "my mom would scold me"). I asked "fine, so who is dropping me to my place?" (I don't own any vehicle) and everyone looked at each other, "since you were lost in your thoughts and were not with us today so we're not dropping you anywhere" (evil friends). After a long argument, angad came forward and said things like, "we are not like you", "we are friends who knows the meaning behind the bond of friendship, even if you are not with us we are with you" (this is why they watch bollywood movies, just to learn these aweful filmy dialogues).
    It was a long and tedious 30 min ride through busy traffic (apparently everyone in my city is in school and they have to reach home because it's 8. Yeah complaint a lot, I know). I reached home (got scolded by my mother for coming Late... Hah, irony) watched some random movie ate dinner and went to bed.
    Next day I remembered the story I was creating last day and started writing it down. It was all changed now (and I was thinking like I should have written it while I was creating it, maybe because I did messed up few parts), now Bhargav became Abhijeet (because I forgot that name) and he never came out of the room, because I forgot everything after that. (maybe he too got murdered by the ghost of that girl, another locked room murder to be solved. By Pooja I guess).

End...

18. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 3, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 3, 2019 :
    When your story is so long that you get java error whenever you try to paste it all in one single post...
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴

19. Shridhar Amati
    Froyo Dec 3, 2019

Shridhar Amati , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Hi everyone myself Shridhar Amati and I am a Mumbai based Oneplus photographer since almost 1 year.
    Firstly Thankyou @YRJ @Crystal Z. for holding the contest

It all started after I completed my boards exam. I used to click pictures from my phone. Gradually it became my hobby. I didn't knew how but I fell in love with it. Many people around me appreciated my work.So I took photography a little serious from that point and bought myself a OnePlus 6 on 13 October 2018,yes I remember the date! .Trust me that was the happiest day of my life. I was very excited to be a part of such beautiful community.Despite all odds I try to click pictures everyday. Photography makes me happy. It has given me a lot of things. I have connected with so many people just because of sharing photos.I always wander and travel to different places just to capture vibes of the place and enjoy it.My dad always told me photography is not for you,you should complete your engineering and do a job.I always strive harder and harder to maintain the balance between my studies and photography.

1575394125836.jpg
    This was my first picture I took out of my phone during my first Photowalk.

Its been almost one year since I started photography and everyday I go out and click the pictures with the same enthusiasm.I always try to learn something from my hobby.
    Photography is the one of very few things that I love to do everyday.
    Recently I showed my work to my dad and he was so overwhelmed. He told I could continue with photography and he was proud of me.That was my biggest achievement till date.

View attachment 1193814

1575394436452.jpg

View attachment 1193813

There have been some special moments in my journey like Brand Collaboration people inviting me to review their worketc. I am truly blessed to have such moments .Also I am very proud be a part of such excellent an hardworking community.
    From nowhere to a place where I have made my parents proud of my work and to my father's word I have come a long way and I still want to grow everyday.

Thankyou everyone who have made it till here and read my story it means a lot to me

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019 at 8:30 PM

20. razzor228
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

razzor228 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    So here's my Story..

Quite recently, I went on a Solo Trip to New Delhi, India, to attend the 7T Launch Event. Ever since the announcement, I was quite eager to attend the event, but this meant I had to travel from Mumbai to Delhi for it. Being on a budget, I opted to go via train to save some money but which cost a few hours of extra travel time. So I thought why not take a few more vacation days and make a vacation out of it and planned to extend my trip from Delhi to Agra, Uttar Pradesh - the land of the Taj Mahal.

Although, I had been to Taj Mahal once when I was a kid, all these recent years seeing so many beautiful pictures of it made me want to visit it once again and create some memories that I would cherish for a long time. So, I left for Agra a day after the event concluded and, me being a big-time sucker for Sunrises wanted to capture a beautiful sunrise at the Taj Mahal, which meant that I would've to leave from Delhi at midnight to reach there before sunrise.

With almost no sleep, I checked out of my room to go towards my destination. A sleepy me was already on the verge of collapsing just as I reached the New Delhi Railway Station. And, to make things worse, I got to know that the train, which I was supposed to board never started its course. This meant I would reach Agra almost 6-7 hours late than my initial planning and of-course miss the sunrise that I so eagerly wanted to capture. With a million ideas running through my mind, I simply jumped on to the next available train. That train was leaving for Agra within minutes and boarded that train without a ticket, well because I never got the time to get another one before this train left the station. With a bit of fear of getting caught by the Ticket Examiner, I grabbed myself a seat and just passed out as soon as my head hit the pillows.

To my luck, the Ticket Examiner never came (maybe because it was quite late in the night) and I reached Agra a lot earlier than I had planned. With no means of transportation available at that time, I took another nap but this time on a railway station bench. Woke up with just enough time to make it to the Taj Mahal. To see people already there I was surprised because I never thought someone else might be just as stupid as me to get up so early to visit the Taj Mahal. And, to my surprise, there were quite a lot of Americans who had already formed a queue there.

And in just a few moments I was greeted to the magnificent Taj Mahal. Since it was a bit cloudy, all thanks to the offseason rain, the sun was hidden behind the clouds which dampened my mood, but this place had such a great vibe which cheered me back up instantly. And soon after a couple of hours, the skies turned blue which made it an absolute attractive sight to watch.

Well did I mention that I also spotted @Tilen P over there?

Photos below:

Contest 1 _001.jpg
    IMG_20190928_060529_001.jpg
    IMG_20190928_061759-01_002.jpg