[SURVEY] Do you use your OPO in public transport?

1. Dikkedinoo
    Froyo Jan 11, 2015

Dikkedinoo , Jan 11, 2015 :
    Changed it :) Thanks for the reply!

2. Dikkedinoo
    Froyo Jan 11, 2015

I think you make a solid point there. Here, in the Netherlands, I always use my phone and my laptop in the public transport. I travel every day for 2 hours and I've never seen someones phone or tablet or anything being stolen. Would you say that's something more related to a specific country?

3. adm770
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 11, 2015

Dikkedinoo likes this.
  4. fgaurano

fgaurano , Jan 11, 2015 :
    I don't use my phone in public. Snatcher might take it from me. LOL I'm from the Philippines btw.

Dikkedinoo likes this.
  5. SunHillCopper

SunHillCopper , Jan 11, 2015 :
    Nope, not for me, makes me feel sick, same in the old days when it was books or comics. I prefer a window seat and watch the world go bye, or talk with someone. Ok watching movies on a plane though

Dikkedinoo likes this.
  6. towe96

towe96 , Jan 11, 2015 :
    Owning a 300$ smartphone and not having the money for a car.

Anyone else find this quite amusing?

PS: Driving a Golf VII for the time being.

Dikkedinoo likes this.
  7. oojafink
    Jelly Bean Jan 11, 2015

oojafink , Jan 11, 2015 :
    well I do live in London, but I know it happens in a quite a few cities over the world.

Dikkedinoo likes this.
  8. Dikkedinoo
    Froyo Jan 11, 2015

I've got more tech worth more.. I probably would buy a car if it were a good thing for me.
    I study and my public transport is free so I don't see the point in owning a car anytime soon! :)

Kenny_B likes this.
  9. juststeve

Dikkedinoo likes this.
  10. sbfisher
    Eclair Jan 13, 2015

sbfisher , Jan 13, 2015 :
    I haven't seen crime happen on public transport myself, but I know some people I work with who have had their phones snatched at bus stops.

Undercover police were doing sting operations on public transport and in stations here where they would act oblivious with a phone or laptop or tablet and someone would snatch it (but another undercover police would be right there to nab the person). It's also somewhat common for laptops to be snatched in cafes where people walk away "just for a second" or are stolen from inside cars (smash and grab).

I think the crimes around different parts of the world are different and also the targets and techniques are different.

I had a friend who was traveling in the Netherlands. A guy came and talked to them on the train, blocking their view of their knapsack in the bin. Meanwhile his accomplice stole the bag. Luckily some good samaritan saw it and told them. The thieves had dumped the bag under a bench on the train platform (probably because they didn't find valuable things inside and didn't want to bother). Luckily my friends recovered the bag before the train left the station without anything missing--but if there had been an expensive device inside like a laptop, I'm pretty sure it would've been removed from the bag or they were planning to come back later for the bag.

Crime happens everywhere, even places where "nothing happens here," though maybe not as often.

Also had a friend who was asleep when someone was trying to break into her condo in one of the lowest crime areas in the US. Police thought theif was after prescription drugs and thought no one was home because the lights were off at 10 on a Saturday night.

firewire2035 likes this.
  11. firewire2035
    KitKat Jan 13, 2015

12. firewire2035
    KitKat Jan 13, 2015

13. BlaHBlaH525
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2015

14. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Jan 13, 2015

gusuraman , Jan 13, 2015 :
    Everywhere! Even where you cannot imagine!