[Survey] How should we revamp Alert Slider?

1. Ranjithsmart
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2017

Ranjithsmart , Oct 1, 2017 :
    Nice idea bro!

2. fido_226
    Eclair Oct 1, 2017

Fursan Afzal likes this.
  3. tokektokek
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2017

tokektokek , Oct 1, 2017 :
    Useless? Really? That is the first time I have seen the alert slider being described as useless. Maybe it was just a fanboy from a rival smartphone - as those guys will say anything, you could make a diamond phone and those fanboy kids will say its not made of a strong enough material.

I find the alert slider really convenient, I can switch between silent and ring without needing to turn the screen on. Makes it quick and easy to switch between modes as I am walking i nand out of the door at work.

The alert slider is a great function, and a great idea. Please don't change it, its one of the things that makes the phone stand out from the overpriced rivals

4. Robert J. Klop
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2017

5. hishtnika
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2017

6. Anarchy4u
    Eclair Oct 1, 2017

Anarchy4u , Oct 1, 2017 :
    All those saying normal vibrate silent.... The current setting is perfectly performing it...
    Please do not change

7. Fursan Afzal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2017

Fursan Afzal , Oct 1, 2017 :
    you can either have silent or vibrate going to settings and changing it from there defeats the purpose of the slider.

8. malvarezjr
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2017

malvarezjr , Oct 1, 2017 :
    I wouldn't BUT would add the ability to schedule Do Not Disturb in Settings. That would enhance the slider greatly!

bjorg18 and liz7daly like this.
  9. mattam24
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2017

mattam24 , Oct 1, 2017 :
    My ideal setup would be completely different:
    "Hardware button with three options: Ring/Silent/Silent+Airplane mode. Set Vibration and Do Not Disturb via software setting."

I often use the Airplane mode to save battery and "silence" the phone completely. For example when I leave the phone in the boot of my car I put it on Airplane mode as the metal shielding of the car would prevent any signal connection to the base station and so drain battery very, very fast. The same I do before going to bed to save battery and to not be disturbed. To achieve this I have to perform many taps. A position in the slider would be great for this.

johan sanders likes this.
  10. G_Hirdesh_Ratmele_GSZe
    Froyo Oct 1, 2017

G_Hirdesh_Ratmele_GSZe , Oct 1, 2017 :
    [e]1f44e[/e][e]1f44e[/e]

11. G_Hirdesh_Ratmele_GSZe
    Froyo Oct 1, 2017

12. orophim
    Froyo Oct 1, 2017

orophim , Oct 1, 2017 :
    I totally agree with fb07. Favorite contacts is not something that is widely used, if used at all. So it would be better to rearrange it as ring/full silence /vibrate only from down to top. Namely, only the middle should change.

13. mmnking
    Eclair Oct 1, 2017

mmnking , Oct 1, 2017 :
    Honestly, one of the only things I want is a way to schedule do not disturb. I used that all the time on my last phone.

ff2005 and liz7daly like this.
  14. G_Ritvik_Kokku_CSnV
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2017

15. adityaishu24
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2017

adityaishu24 , Oct 1, 2017 :
    on completely silent mode we should also be able to start a battery saver mode which saves battery

16. Rauf25
    Froyo Oct 1, 2017

Rauf25 , Oct 1, 2017 :
    I'm throwing my hat in the ring for leave it alone :)
    Can't wait to see the results of this survey

17. NGRaziel
    Eclair Oct 1, 2017

NGRaziel , Oct 1, 2017 :
    When originally released, that's basically what the OP3's alert slider did, and someday, an update changed the settings. IMO, the top setting should fully mute everything.

18. PiTRiS87
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2017

PiTRiS87 , Oct 1, 2017 :
    the thing that bothers me most is, that alert slider disables android's native DND/Silent handling.. come on, what's more perfect, than having phone automatically go into DND from midnnight till 9, during each event in your calender, etc... Since I got OP3T i got it permanently in DND mode because of that, which sometimes is pretty annoying as i miss notifications. But still better than phone ringing full blast during a meeting or in the middle of the night...

ff2005 and liz7daly like this.
  19. liz7daly
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2017

liz7daly , Oct 1, 2017 :
    I once had android phone (cant remember which - possibly motorola) where you were able to set your desired hours for 'do not disturb' mode each day, i.e at night.
    Best setting ever, and really miss it on my One Plus. Therefore I agree with basic Ring/vibrate/silent on alert slider - and then setting do not disturb hours through settings menu.

20. unity_one
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 2, 2017

unity_one , Oct 2, 2017 :
    I love the alert slider. One of my favourite features of my OP2 and I've also previously had the OPO (when that's all that was on offer).