[Survey] How should we revamp Alert Slider?

1. Sarang Manzoor Eclair May 31, 2018

Sarang Manzoor, May 31, 2018 :
    Yes. You are right.

I hardly use my phone for anything except for calls, by using these options i am able to use my phone to atleast have a look at new notifications on my social media accounts. It is just the way i like to do things.

Apologies, I am being impolite.

2. elanglois Lollipop May 31, 2018

elanglois, May 31, 2018 :
    Not impolite at all, but if you are going to have your screen on, why not set your ringer via the QS tile?

Sarang Manzoor likes this.
  3. Sarang Manzoor Eclair May 31, 2018

Sarang Manzoor, May 31, 2018 :
    QS Tile is a better option. ,[e]1f44d[/e]

4. lepathie Honeycomb Jun 6, 2018

lepathie, Jun 6, 2018 :
    Unlimited votes per person are possible...
    Kinda embarrassing for such a company.

5. STARBOY Cupcake Jun 6, 2018

STARBOY, Jun 6, 2018 :
    how to get Amazon prime benefit using our one plus 6 phone is there any offer for the users

6. GLR13 Eclair Jun 6, 2018

GLR13, Jun 6, 2018 :
    three way slider is perfect. if you want to add the possibility to remap why not! To me, as I said, it makes perfect sense to have ring, vibrate and silence.

7. DEERAJ ds Donut Jun 8, 2018

DEERAJ ds, Jun 8, 2018 :
    it has the ideal function .very convenient position. ring vibrate silent is the best , but costamization of it will definitely be appreciated.

8. robin143 Honeycomb Jul 10, 2018

robin143, Jul 10, 2018 :
    Ring-vibrate-silent change facility other than alert slider is necessary. Most of the time it is very difficult to use . Many of them (including me ) are not comfortable with alert slide system. I have seen in many forum many are requesting same. Please provide another option to change Ring-vibrate-silent mode (software)
    please consider my request and provide an update with the above mentioned change.
    Thank You

9. ManeeshKumar Honeycomb Jul 11, 2018

ManeeshKumar, Jul 11, 2018 :
    Ring, vibrate and Total silence is good, but would be better if it's customizable
    Also before OP 6 launch they said that slide to focus in camera would be introduced but looks like it was just a hype

colombres likes this.
  10. sabinut86 Donut Jul 12, 2018

sabinut86, Jul 12, 2018 :
    I agree with him !
    It bothers me so much that I made a separate post without knowing about this one.
    I want it on the vibrate mode to mute all the sounds but to vibrate on notifications and call.
    I still get dings from messengers when in vibrate mode.
    And a way to choose the loudness of the notifications would be good too.

robin143 likes this.
  11. DrAadilShah Eclair Jul 21, 2018

DrAadilShah, Jul 21, 2018 :
    The three settings of alert slider are very well thought and convenient. I use it all the time for quickly putting my phone in Silent mode without vibration or DND mode (the vibration is quite strong it sometimes can be disturbing). But, I often forget to switch the slider back to Ringer after my meetings. This has caused me multiple times to miss important calls. If only the phone would remind me to switch back to Ringer, or better if I could schedule DND mode would be great.

12. colombres Cupcake Jul 25, 2018

colombres, Jul 25, 2018 :
    Will it be posible to set the slider to mute but if someone rings twice in certain period of time, phone will unmute. It could also be limited for certain contacts (like favorites contacts)

13. G_Hirdesh_Ratmele_GSZe Froyo Aug 14, 2018

14. R1528802550155 Cupcake Aug 14, 2018

15. nirmalbis48 Eclair Aug 21, 2018

nirmalbis48, Aug 21, 2018 :
    no I think nothing is required to be done to the alert slider it's the coolest the way it is..... I use it very often!!

16. MobileTechMatters Gingerbread Sep 16, 2018

MobileTechMatters, Sep 16, 2018 :
    Hardware button :Ring (all the way up) middle is vibrate, bottom is silent. Also ability to customize them all possibly flash light toggle, airplane mode etc. Please and thank you

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018

meatandy likes this.
  17. colombres Cupcake Sep 16, 2018

colombres, Sep 16, 2018 :
    We need a mode to turn volume up in silent mode after a missed call (for the next call to be heard) . That will be really useful when you forget to disable silent mode.

18. haro94 Gingerbread Oct 13, 2018

pictory likes this.
  19. pictory Donut Oct 17, 2018

pictory, Oct 17, 2018 :
    Is this still possibly happening?? It's the only issue I have with my phone (op5) and it's maddeningly close to a perfect device except for this. Turning it back to ringer and having the ringer be set to the lowest setting, so i have to then turn the volume back up (because... well I WANT to hear the ringer in that moment). It's like they were drunk when they designed this functionality.

20. haro94 Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

haro94, Oct 31, 2018 :
    think they're gonna make us 'settle' for a root and subsequent mod instead of the promised change.
    they only worry about their newest products as always