[Survey] How should we revamp Alert Slider?

1. Mr.Spacebar
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2017

Mr.Spacebar , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Definitely the software option. Perhaps something we can toggle thru the swipe-down menu?

Having it as a software feature would definitely make it more efficient, even if you keep all three standard functions on the alert slider. Would also help making the design of the phone just a bit sharper. :)

2. tpati
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2017

tpati , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Could add costumozation mode on alert slider, with one could decide what's is better.

Anyone thinks would be nice one position could launch a certain app or do anything different from vibrate/silence/donotdisturb? Test this on beta version, alert slider is a must to have.

3. F_Hamza_Mehmet_Emin_mliB
    Eclair Sep 28, 2017

4. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2017

5. F_Cool_Yyc_OCvx
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2017

F_Cool_Yyc_OCvx , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Usefull to me. but somehow when i switched on DND , WhatsApp and Wechat message still pop out. Isn't it DND suppose to stop all the msg from any source pop out? Or maybe i miss out any settings.

6. lostLambda
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2017

lostLambda , Sep 28, 2017 :
    The slider should be replaced with a DIP switch

7. mranoopjoy
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2017

mranoopjoy , Sep 28, 2017 :
    The biggest draw back of the slider is it's not compatible with apps like Tasker. Unable to automate the vibrate mode. This slider is axing the greatest use of Android..

Atleast add an option which enable other apps to take control on the ringer.

For anyone didn't understand what i said.. move the slider to silent mode and try to increase the ringer volume on settings.. ( it won't change)

I guess iPhone slider make sense.. at urgent times the slider is useful, but it also allow to control volume independent of the slider position..

Also add an option to disable calls and alarms in do not disturb mode ( don't that names means that)

I guess some people got used to the slider, so it's better to add and option which enable software control of ringer volume... so both type of users will happy..

please post your comments...

8. Jaison Blessing
    Froyo Sep 28, 2017

Jaison Blessing , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Think vibrate and ring is more than enough do not disturb mode is some thing we change with our surroundings so just 2 settings are enough

9. zoarquenix
    Froyo Sep 28, 2017

zoarquenix , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Yes! This would be great.
    I myself rarely use the alert slider due to my activities and situations everyday, so allowing users to customize and map according to their needs will be great!

10. Partha_roy96
    Donut Sep 28, 2017

Fursan Afzal likes this.
  11. mukupower
    Froyo Sep 28, 2017

Fursan Afzal likes this.
  12. rajat verma
    Donut Sep 28, 2017

rajat verma , Sep 28, 2017 :
    one important thing in alert slider I want is
    that on each alert media volume distinct with type of alert,
    whatever I left in that profile

13. Ushan3T
    Donut Sep 28, 2017

Ushan3T , Sep 28, 2017 :
    its better you guys custermized the slider to do other things like flight mode,vpn on etc..

14. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2017

G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Whatever is given is perfect and I feel there is no need to disturb anything with this setting of alert slider.The post really was very long but I think it shouldn't have been focused so much.There are bigger things to notice than a slider button.

15. Asumos
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2017

Asumos , Sep 28, 2017 :
    yes this plus being able to set DND to engage automatically by preset schedule would be nice

16. Makarand1
    Eclair Sep 28, 2017

Makarand1 , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Leta have a customized slider.. User will choose what functionality should be available for each position..

17. Sach716

Sach716 , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Yes ; a customised slider which allows user to choose by their needs...

18. whodatboiyo
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2017

19. NerdicEclipse
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2017

NerdicEclipse , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Honestly I like it just the way it is. It's the most practical by far. Silent when I want it silent, DND when I want to be disturbed only by favorite contacts but nothing else and then of course full sounds.

If not the way it currently is, the only acceptable option would be to make it fully customizable so we can get it back to how it currently is while it would also allow folks to make it what they wanted. Having a vibrate only and "full silence" would be worse than useless. Vibrate IS basically silent. If we're going to have a "full sounds, silent, and slightly more silent" why not just keep what we already have which can do the exact same thing if you tweak the DND options? It literally makes no sense. It's obfuscating purely for the sake of obfuscation.

20. v0 HaVoK 0v

v0 HaVoK 0v , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Full up : Flips the OP5 display upwards
    Middle : Take images that don't look like paintings.
    Full down : Fixes interactive governer jittery Scroll

Sounds amazing right xD