[SURVEY INSIDE] Oxygen OS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro

1. Rahulknight
    Donut May 19, 2020

Rahulknight , via OnePlus 7T , May 19, 2020 :
    Camera bug. Please help!!
    It doesn't work after the update.
    Face unlock also doesn't work. It says that some other app is using it.
    Tried everything...
    Force closing the app.
    Restarting the phone
    Wiping cache memory.
    Everything..

adityakalra likes this.
  2. Rahulknight
    Donut May 19, 2020

Facing the same issue!!

3. Rahulknight
    Donut May 19, 2020

Same issue

4. Adarsh792000
    Froyo May 19, 2020

Adarsh792000 , via OnePlus 7T , May 19, 2020 :
    factory rest kr doo.... problem solve....one and only option.

Rahulknight likes this.
  5. Donald Nice
    Gingerbread May 19, 2020

Donald Nice , May 19, 2020 :
    1. This is beta software. Expect bugs.
    2. No problem with bt and car connection here and I use it every day in 2 different cars. So don't say it's a general problem.
    3. No problem with camera here. I use it often and use face unlock.

donaldvc likes this.
  6. adityakalra
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

adityakalra , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    @Donald Nice
    I know it is a beta version and to "expect bugs"
    You don't need to come at me like that.
    Beta version are built to erradicate bugs not to cause more major flaws. I have been a beta tester for 6 years now and each version builds upon itself not makes problems worse.

Secondly. Sure maybe your version and your Car Bluetooth version doesn't have compatibility issues. Doesn't mean you should outright deny anything someone reports.
    just to inform you, incase you didn't know, there have been numerous reports of Bluetooth connection issues in Automobiles since the release of OxygenOS 10.
    Some have been solved, some have not. I am reporting that it is still not 100% been solved.

Thirdly, your camera is working? Absolutely brilliant, extremely happy for you!

However multiple users report it is indeed not working.
    Your one singular phone does not define the full OnePlus smartphone market, and your one opinion makes no difference.

The whole point of this Community and Beta Testing is to report bugs and problems that the phone is facing so it can be addressed correctly.

If we take out the time to post our issues, and you don't have that issue, kindly refrain from posting your own self narrative to make your existence feel better. It is snide and condescending to users who actually want to make a difference by posting their issues so the manufacturer can fix it.

Cheers

Mod Post Edit

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020

Donald Nice likes this.
  7. Z1582609086371
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

8. mmotti
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

9. rahulprasadns
    Eclair May 19, 2020

10. Lucibv81 , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , May 19, 2020 :
    I knew how to flash beta but it wasn't working so don't jump in your conclusion 😤😤and now not that I want to put the stable back now. I'm just taking notes how to in case that I don't like it. Don't look like you're a smarty 🥴🥴🥴 is better to get information before doing anything else

11. swathikrishnavemula
    Gingerbread May 19, 2020

swathikrishnavemula , via OnePlus 7T , May 19, 2020 :
    where it is available this feature in settings. How it works? Can some one explain please. do I need to take some changes for this feature in settings?

12. rekkinfeis
    Eclair May 19, 2020

rekkinfeis , via OnePlus 7T , May 19, 2020 :
    You literally quoted the post of me explaining how it works...

13. Donald Nice
    Gingerbread May 19, 2020

Donald Nice , May 19, 2020 :
    Sorry for that!
    It looks like you are one of the few guys who is reading and thinking before posting. There are not many users in this forum that behave like this. So im really sorry for being rude.
    About me: 40 Years old from germany, IT- and System Administrator for nearly 20 years. Rom-Cook for Windows Mobile 6.x in the 201x years.

About this "forum":
    It is an essential part of this forum for the "users" to scream, misbehave and blame Oneplus for everything. "Worst phone, because of it doesnt connect to my brandnew 4$ Headset" and things like that. And the same users that have to ask 10 Questions to get the beta flashed are complaining 1 (!!!) hour later about bad battery on the newest beta.

Its not you! i know that now, but most if the users here act like this and im sorry to mix you with these other guys and girls.

Back to topic:
    1. Have you tried to clear the data and/or cache of the camera app?
    2. Have you tried to clear cache from recovery?
    3. Have you tried to factoryreset?
    4. Do you use any other cam Mods / magisk mods / xposed mods and have you tried without them?
    5. If all yes, have you used the feedback tool and send the logs to the devs? If no, try it. I did it and oneplus contacted me directly. Its also possible that the problem is with your car radio. Or a problem with the app thats sending the cover art.. The only way to get it solved is the feedback tool.

14. swathikrishnavemula
    Gingerbread May 19, 2020

15. Rahulknight
    Donut May 19, 2020

Tried that brother. It still re occurs😕.
    Is there a way to revert back to the normal version again?

16. Aabalam
    Froyo May 19, 2020

17. Adarsh792000
    Froyo May 19, 2020

Adarsh792000 , via OnePlus 7T , May 19, 2020 :
    I had tried to roll back to 10.3.2 but it not allowing me to roll back,so I will wait for stable update of this beta 3 and roll back to stable version forever.

Rahulknight likes this.
  18. AddictionToLife
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

AddictionToLife , via OnePlus 7T , May 19, 2020 :
    1. After updating my 7T to the open beta 3 version i observed a substantial drain in my battery is there any way i can reduce it or will it be fixed in the beta 4 version?
    2. Is there any option where i can enable the google discover page on the OnePlus launcher instead of the shelf page like the one available on the OnePlus 8 series?

19. E1541842572330
    Froyo May 19, 2020

20. Donald Nice
    Gingerbread May 19, 2020

Last edited: May 19, 2020