[SURVEY INSIDE] Oxygen OS Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro

1. Donald Nice
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020

Donald Nice , May 22, 2020 :
    Theres a lot questions about this. For me and my understanding it does not really matter (right now) because the differences between EU und Global are marginal at the moment. This may change in the future.

You can read my FAQ#4 to read more details.

ASCHENTE_V and Nobu01 like this.
  2. Nobu01
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020

Nobu01 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 22, 2020 :
    Donald Nice

Theres a lot questions about this. For me and my understanding it does not really matter (right now) because the differences between EU und Global are marginal at the moment. This may change in the future.

You can read my FAQ#4 to read more details.

Thank you for this clear and concise answer, I will read your post from this step.

3. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020

G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV , May 22, 2020 :
    I'm an owner of a 7 pro and two 5Ts. OnePlus, it's time to add a software fix to allow toggling between front and rear cameras during video. In fact,it's WAYYY over due.

C'mon OnePlus...do you know how embarrassing it is to have to admit that your super fast, sleek phone with an amazing refresh rate won't do something as simple as toggle between front and rear during video recording? C'MON!!!!

Last edited: May 22, 2020

4. kirtz87
    Eclair May 22, 2020

kirtz87 , via OnePlus 7T , May 22, 2020 :
    I am very much appreciat work from Software team. Battery backup is improving day by day... clock custmization fewture i like.. please add more features in upcoming updates.. One UI is rightnow feature rich OS... lets compete with them...

5. Swejuggalo
    KitKat May 22, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 22, 2020 :
    Personally I want them to focus on the OS and camera [e]1f609[/e]

Apperently it easier to allow HDR in Netflix that way. However letting us activate it during setup would be a better solution. Or atleast let us hide stub installers. Adding stub section in settings would be great. They can make deals and Netflix, HBO and whatever for all I care... As long as you get the option to turn them on and off in settings and not be forced to use Adb uninstall to get rid of them.

6. D1584704000898
    Cupcake May 22, 2020

D1584704000898 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 22, 2020 :
    Anyone who wants to use freeform windows must have to enable the freeform settings in Developer options and then have the latest one plus launcher update with them ( version 4.4.7)
    Then you can use the freeform feature
    currently I can only use 1 app at 1 time and not multiple apps
    To enable freeform just go to recent app and hold the app where you will see freeform option
    only some apps are supported at the moment like chrome,community app Among others

7. Jav P
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020

Jav P , via OnePlus 7 , May 22, 2020 :
    It can be used with the stable version 4.4.6 as well. Better check these two options.

View attachment 1316899

8. D1584704000898
    Cupcake May 22, 2020

Jav P likes this.
  9. Jav P
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020

Jav P , via OnePlus 7 , May 22, 2020 :
    Exactly, with 4.3.8 didn't work at all, just switched to landscape mode with full size.

The Freeform feature is still very basic and a bit buggy, but I think it's a good initial step in the right direction.

D1584704000898 likes this.
  10. Donald Nice
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020

thesign and Nobu01 like this.
  11. D1584704000898
    Cupcake May 22, 2020

12. mmotti
    Donut May 22, 2020

mmotti , May 22, 2020 :
    Still no idea what's going on with EU support for this. It looked like Beta 4 was on OU for all of practically ten minutes. Why are we always left behind?

13. Roger.T
    Honeycomb May 22, 2020

Roger.T , May 22, 2020 :
    I suppose you'd like an egg-laying wool milk pig best?

1- Something from Samsung again...🙄
    In my opinion, unnecessary because AOD coming.
    And yes, I know Samsung has both. 😉

2- Why add features to the Gallery app for videos that no other gallery app developers wants to add.
    Any other video app in Playstore can do that better because
    a specially made for videos
    b it is less complicated to develop a special video app
    than to put all that stuff into a simple picture review app.
    There are so many good free video players on PlayStore...

3- Cleaning Apps are nonsense, placebos and do more harm than good to the system and in the worst case they slow it down.

4- Of all the device manufacturers, none of their file managers offer built-in office compatibility.
    Only works with third party support.
    Google Drive can do that, Google Office Apps can do that and Mcrosoft Office can do that.
    All for free and certainly better than a built-in solution.

5- You are a big dreamer, aren't you?
    You don't really think that any device manufacturer will pay for a lifetime license for Netflix just because the app is pre-installed?
    Or do you?
    They are more likely to get paid for it BECAUSE it comes preloaded...
    And if so, we pay even more for the devices because nobody does that for free...😉

And I think for me if you are so unhappy with OnePlus.
    Why don't you just switch to another manufacturer?
    But I can tell you one thing. 3/4 of the functions you are asking for here are not built into the others either...

So
    Never Settle and enjoy your OnePlus device...

Neitred likes this.
  14. Swejuggalo
    KitKat May 22, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 22, 2020 :
    Still on beta 2 or 3? Some claims in previous posts has been that EU has been merged into global or something. Scroll up a bit and you find it

15. pixelmaker
    Froyo May 22, 2020

R1ch4t likes this.
  16. hsy78
    Eclair May 22, 2020

hsy78 , via OnePlus 7T , May 22, 2020 :
    Using the OB4 and so far, it's good. Good performance, good battery life and I like the dark mode toggle. People who want to use it must enable developer options but it's not a big deal.

17. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean May 22, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , May 22, 2020 :
    Right after you dare to read a few pages before your comment...

thesign likes this.
  18. pixelmaker
    Froyo May 22, 2020

R1ch4t likes this.
  19. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean May 22, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , May 22, 2020 :
    'Cause it was pulled back.

20. pixelmaker
    Froyo May 22, 2020