[SURVEY INSIDE] Oxygen OS Open Beta 7 for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro

1. BeingIncog
    Nougat Sep 16, 2020

BeingIncog , Sep 16, 2020 :
    I didn't care much about the reason behind this. So you have to research. 🙂

iamabhijeetpanda and Aniru_nya like this.
  2. Aniru_nya
    Eclair Sep 16, 2020

Aniru_nya , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 16, 2020 :
    Thx, doing exactly that.[e]1f601[/e]

Udit2508 and BeingIncog like this.
  3. Udit2508
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2020

Udit2508 , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 16, 2020 :
    Is there a way to get this? asking out of curiosity, I didn't found any information about google play system update on the net i just know that google gives that critical security updates and its available on phones having android 10 and above. I am on july patch and no Update is available. Maybe some phones will get later? Anyway have a good night/day everyone.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020

iamabhijeetpanda and Aniru_nya like this.
  4. Aniru_nya
    Eclair Sep 16, 2020

Aniru_nya , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 16, 2020 :
    So according to my research,

Google Play system updates contain core system modules like the media framework for now, and it's a way for Google to ship critical security updates without actually updating the OS (bypassing carriers/OEMs). Also, they don't contain the same CVEs (security patches) as the actual security patch level, they update different things.

So, a patch to protect those decide not to update or OEM's who have slow updates. So us OB8 peps are safe.

BeingIncog and Udit2508 like this.
  5. daheufster
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2020

Udit2508 likes this.
  6. Uncletec
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2020

Uncletec , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Beta 8 discussion is closed so I came here. OnePlus 7t user here running beta 8. New game center is awesome but..... The way you get to the notification shade is much, much worse in my opinion. You added an extra step to get to it. In beta 7, two swipes down from the top brought down the notification shade. In beta 8 you swipe once to see status bar, twice to get a button, then click the button to reveal the notification shade. I'm not liking it.

7. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2020

zer0se7en , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Actually... They did. They never said they will release it for the 7T first though. It's probably a feature for Oxygen OS Android 11.

The main reason this rockus started on the OnePlus 7T section was because the devs mistakenly put it on the list of Open Beta 5 features(or 6? Cannot remember). So keep yourself dissappointed for few more months. 7T's Android 11 might come out last week of December.

8. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2020

zer0se7en , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Just like what I've been telling everybody. Beta 8 will come out but not exactly 29,30 or 31 days. People have to have more patience.

And now that it's out be ready to see and read comments saying:

- Nothing new. Dissappointing
    - my battery drains like crazy after the update
    .......... Blah blah blah.... "After the update"

Yet some users won't experience these issues which means it's not the fault of the update.

BENJZ89, tryfe and Swejuggalo like this.
  9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Every single update on every single device have plenty of "battery drain after update" comments. By the looks of some comments an update without massive drain never existed [e]1f609[/e]
    And a perfect update = always new features every single time with security updates. And ofcourse bugfree. If not it's worthless and bad. 😋

BENJZ89 and zer0se7en like this.

10. BENJZ89
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2020

BENJZ89 , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 17, 2020 :
    looks like plenty of battery drains comment frequently .
    hahaha bored to be boring .. speaking which , find another excited bugs .
    take screenshot then share with us .[e]1f60f[/e]🤣

Swejuggalo likes this.
  11. atLeeroyJenkins
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2020

atLeeroyJenkins , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Google doesn't release it every month, it's not like the Security updates.

12. BENJZ89
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2020

13. BENJZ89
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2020

14. WilliamG
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2020

15. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Oxygen OS 11 had a non functional one handed mode in some Developer Preview(s). Then we got the one handed design instead and now in open beta 1 there is no one handed mode. So if 8 series don't even have it.... Might even be scrapped and replaced by the redesign.

16. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2020

zer0se7en , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Unintentionally = Mistakenly

It was promised for the next build? But which build, right? Hence the word "Promise(d)". Which was never mentioned by Abdul.

Anyway, I still stand on what I said when I told the guy to keep himself disappointed for few more months. Coz really, he will be.
    I don't really see the need for it anyway.

You will only mostly look for that feature if you are a former user of a super skinned Andoid OS such as Huawei EMUI, Samsung Touchwiz or One UI etc.... Most who used stock and almost stock (like me on Nexus and Pixel devices) will not miss out on this feature.

Sorry for the late reply by the way. Family comes first. Life happens.