[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 10.0.6 [EU & Global] and 10.3.3 [India] for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Raghava2706
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2020

2. a_m28
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2020

3. saitharakreddy.v
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2020

4. Jlsantiago89
    Donut Jun 9, 2020

Jlsantiago89 , Jun 9, 2020 :
    Still haven't received the update.. The amount if time it takes to roll these out is ridiculous. There's no doubt I'll be leaving Oneplus come July.

saitharakreddy.v likes this.
  5. RainGater
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2020

RainGater , Jun 9, 2020 :
    I agree that some of the things can be done without root but for full control of the device, root is an absolute must and a necessary evil ;) How can you do the following without root?

1. Adaway - get rid of any and all ads.

2. Greenify - You can enable aggressive doze as well as "doze on the go". And, you can hibernate system apps too.

3. Remove the fake india.img partition as some devices got it, including mine.

4. Migrate app - which can backup app/data/etc. and restore it as how it was before resetting the device. One of the best backup utilities I have come across...

5. Titanium backup - you can do so much with this app.

6. The most annoying bug that was introduced in OB 12 - double tap to wake, ambient display issues - can be fixed easily.

7. You can go to stable from beta and vice versa without data wipe. Haven't tried it but in theory, it should work as you can flash it via TWRP.

Like I said earlier, if you can live without administrator privileges on a computer, I guess you don't need to be rooted. And, it is one of the main reasons I hate Samsung devices as it's hard to unlock the bootloader.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020

6. Dev05445
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2020

7. donPepitoGrillo

donPepitoGrillo , Jun 9, 2020 :
    What's the purpose of india.img partition? how can I see if my version has that partition?

BTW, after trying Greenify, Naptime, etc. I think they don't help much to save battery. What do you think?

8. RainGater
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2020

Well, some devices got the Red cable club or some crap like that (which is in india.img partition) - it will show up in Settings at the top and annoying as hell. If you don't see any ads or some Red cable club promotion, then you don't have it.

I use Greenify heavily and it definitely helps with the battery. I hibernate the apps that I use occasionally and enable aggressive doze and can see the difference between turning on/off. I use GSAM and BBS to monitor the stats.

9. sam311

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 9, 2020 :

James 007

Bro fan boy's will pint point that you are Wrong and OneMinus it's marvelous providing the best experience every no longer True series 7-8 are collapsing Corporation it's providing worst updates since series 3 because All they want it's Money​

What to do Oneplus will realise it is late that OP will fall soon

10. RainGater
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2020

It's sick to read this 5 times on every page. Just by complaining here is NOT going to help ever.

Use Oxygen updater and be done with it. I use it ever since I bought OP 7 and don't have any issues. Good lord, it's insane to read this forum without the constant "I didn't receive any updates"!

I sometimes wonder why I even read this forum as there is hardly any useful info, if any! I usually skip 5 pages at a time and still I see same message on every page. I mean, come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 9, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 9, 2020 :
    Good reasons. But I might be a little odd... 😋

1. I pay and support the apps that I like. Some apps where possible I pay and even re-enable ads to give a more long term support too [e]1f61c[/e]
    Many vpn method can be used. May take a higher battery drain than some rooted alternatives though.

2. Not using anymore. If I'd use anything like this I'd use Naptime. Pretty decent even without root. Some minor limitation in regards to system apps though.

3. Without root I guess the only thing might be useful here is adb uninstall. But I don't know the details on all that Indian stuff. Removing the image is better though.

4 & 5. Basically only one app that a full app backup would be nice on in my case. Rest I don't really care about. I figured I could spend 5 minutes on the computer to reinstall and configure that app.

6. Yepp

But my main reason is that I want to be the best optimal beta tester with no mods nor any possible extra unforseen error causes. And now on 8 Pro I'm leaning towards applying for closed beta... and that needs locked bootloader.
    On my computer on the other hand... As a Linux nerd...
    All rules have exeptions I guess 😋

12. K1560976949282
    Donut Jun 9, 2020

K1560976949282 , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 9, 2020 :
    please solve heating issue.when I play call of duty mobile in minimal settings it gets heated.please optimize the game mode for cod mobile .also please reduce extreme battery drain for Playing call of duty mobile.

1. battery drain while playing cod mobile
    2. heating issue

13. donPepitoGrillo

Thanks, maybe I will give another chance to Greenify or Naptime. Agressive doze enables doze sooner than with default settings, doesn't it?

14. donPepitoGrillo

Send this request to CoD team.

15. K1560976949282
    Donut Jun 9, 2020

16. kmchmk
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2020

17. _Atul_Katoch
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2020

18. samrat ghosh , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jun 9, 2020 :
    10.3.3 update is totally crap....lots of bugs are there in this update..
    1.oneplus launcher getting auto restarted
    2.heating issue
    3.battery drain
    please OnePlus developer team look into this matter and give us a quick patch..
    thank you

mannunikhil and JohnTex like this.
  19. martinklaus , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jun 9, 2020 :
    my battery life is better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 9, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 9, 2020 :
    Yepp. I like Naptime myself. There is no full control over system apps if not rooted though. So some stuff is not retained if rebooted. Minutes instead of hours.