[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 10.0.6 [EU & Global] and 10.3.3 [India] for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Arun_Kashyap
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2020

Arun_Kashyap , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    He's not ordering you to buy a new phone or something. It is a suggestion that if OnePlus has let you down, there's nothing much we can do and one of the options left is to switch over to a new phone. However instead of switching to a newer phone you can even flash a custom ROM that would have some additional features. [e]1f604[/e]

Artemus. likes this.
  2. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2020

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Thanks a lot for the advice , I will keep it in my mind

Arun_Kashyap likes this.
  3. Arun_Kashyap
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2020

Arun_Kashyap , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Yea, unfortunately there is nothing to do. OnePlus is slow and they may or may not see our feedback as well. So we just need to be hopeful. I do wish they were more accountable though.

Sahil_lihas likes this.
  4. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2020

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 7, 2020 :
    That's why i was saying

Sahil_lihas and Arun_Kashyap like this.
  5. R.Peter
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2020

R.Peter , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Send your suggestions and the list of bugs you found (if you didn't, yet) here: forums.oneplus.com/feedback

sam_088 likes this.
  6. Mubeen Pasha
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

Mubeen Pasha , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Hello,

i just bought the one Plus 7 pro. it's running Android 9 still and have been more than 3 days.

When I check for updates it says that the OS is up to date. Please let me know what the issue is.

7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Thanks for the explanations.
    That is one more thing we can do. Custom roms. Miss something? Look it up and get what fits you the best.

I always try my best to be informative and remain calm and friendly and yet it seems to be triggering some...

New devices get new stuff. It slowly rolls out to older devices. It does not always go fast. If it were fast some of the selling points of the new devices would go away fast too. But then there is the other side of the coin. Better value of the older devices. But all companies want to sell new devices... And they handle it differently.

There is a thin line to walk. Both stable and beta users complain. Some beta users want stability. Some stable users want all the new features in beta. Many have issues on both sides. While some practically have no issues and feel like everything is good enough considering what type of release they use. Deside what is more important and choose the path that fits you the best.
    Some virtually scream and complain all over the forum. Some silently collects logs and have good contact with bughunters and tries to help others with issues.

While I sometimes need to over explain stuff in the bug rapports and in contact with bughunters to avoid misunderstandings (look... I'm actually complaining without bold letters 😋)... I'd rather spend that extra time to make sure it has a higher percentage to lead to something.

I know it can be frustrating for some. Especially on 7 (non Pro). The best thing all users can do is to try to report issues and help other users if possible.
    And that leads me to your reports and feedback. I haven't seen it and I don't know what kind of contact you have with bughunters. I didn't say it was bad or incorrectly done in any way.
    I have had logging session for approx 150h to try to capture a bug and failed. In total approx 300h active logging to actually capture one single rare issue. Now I know exactly how to trigger it. And it's not rare. Just triggered by some very specific stuff. And this has been forwarded with detailed info to the devs via a bughunter... It affected my 7 Pro on several betas and also my 8 Pro... So I can only assume it's on 7t series too. Possible older phones too. It may even be a issue caused by the core OS and not specific to just Oxygen OS.
    That is the time and effort I spend on issues. I don't expect everyone to spend that amount of time.

The things written on the community is mostly for user to user interaction. Users don't normally benefit from capital letter post filled with complaints aimed at Oneplus. Most of times it never reaches anyone at Oneplus. Discussing things between users is always good though.

8. Marius Oloeru
    Eclair Jul 7, 2020

Marius Oloeru , Jul 7, 2020 :
    It happens for me also. Check for updates was working until couple of days ago, then suddenly tells me that i'm up date.

9. Mubeen Pasha
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

Yes, can't figure out what the issue is. it's not letting me update to Android 10 and says my version is up to date. While my brother is using the same Phone and he has gotten the Android 10 update.

10. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Have you tried manually updating? You may need 10.0.3 before installing 10.3.3

Artemus. likes this.
  11. Marius Oloeru
    Eclair Jul 7, 2020

Marius Oloeru , Jul 7, 2020 :
    It's definitely something on OP side.

12. Mubeen Pasha
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

Swejuggalo

Have you tried manually updating? You may need 10.0.3 before installing 10.3.3​

No I haven't. But, came across an application on Play Store called "Oxygen Updater"

Shall I use that to update? Is It safe?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020

13. Mubeen Pasha
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

14. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 7, 2020 :
    I've used that app many times myself. Just make sure that the app properly finds your phone and the right region so it is not set to something else.
    You can always use various other sources too.
    Like the homepage.
    1594123006554.jpg
    But if you use that you still need 10.0.3.

7 International 10.0.3

https://otafsg1.h2os.com/patch/amaz....O.23_OTA_023_all_1912040005_24b70d4383fc.zip

7 Pro International 10.0.3

https://otafsg1.h2os.com/patch/amaz...gen_21.O.23_OTA_023_all_1912032357_76b445.zip

Artemus., Mubeen Pasha and R.Peter like this.
  15. Mubeen Pasha
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

Got it. thanks for help, appreciate it.

16. Kedar.Birajdar
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

Kedar.Birajdar , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Hello Team, facing issue while capturing photos with Portrait mode. The object is getting blurred instead of background. Please resolve the issue as soon as possible.

17. Artemus.
    Nougat Jul 7, 2020

Artemus. , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Already been reported multiple times. It'll more than likely be fixed in the next update sometime this month.

Kedar.Birajdar likes this.
  18. Kedar.Birajdar
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2020

Kedar.Birajdar , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Please resolve the issue as soon as possible, because Potrait mode in camera is the beat mode in One Plus 7. Kindly check and resolve please.

19. Artemus.
    Nougat Jul 8, 2020

Artemus. , Jul 8, 2020 :
    I can't do anything.

20. asopat
    Donut Jul 8, 2020

asopat , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    I think they are aware nw