[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 10.5.11 and 10.5.10 [EU] for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Paul Curley
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

Paul Curley , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    So have the one plus 8Pro a week. Was purchased through the main supplier of it in New Zealand which imported it from the US. Updated to the latest software this morning and since then my data has not worked on the phone. I have no internet access anymore without being connected to WiFi. Anyone know why this is happening ?

2. Bloodlust
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2020

3. akarsh_singh
    Donut Jul 9, 2020

akarsh_singh , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    No, it's using the main sensor to distinguish between the natural light and the artificial light. When artificial light is detected, the photochrom filter does not work.

Try using the camera outdoors pointing it at a tree and switch to the photochrom filter. Once the photochrom filter works, block the colour filter lens and check the result.

4. GarysOnePlus
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

GarysOnePlus , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Im also from UAE. Do we have 5g network antenas already somewhere?

5. B1527939059463
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

B1527939059463 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    update is awesome but I see that color filter camera still disabled but why one plus. photochrome filter is generally a normally a filter which is enabled on wide angle camera ..... one plus what about filter camera ???

6. Ashish_Yadav569
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

B1527939059463 likes this.
  7. X1590907790388
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020

royalemint likes this.
  8. Lulzor
    Donut Jul 9, 2020

Lulzor , Jul 9, 2020 :
    So this "fix" was not meant for the NA model of the 8 pro? my IN2025 received this update and the photochrom filter has been merged with the main camera.
    What was I paying for if I will not be allowed to use my own technology? At least let me have the option of using the color filter camera exclusively rather than layering it on top of the main camera.
    So what if you can see through some very thin plastics (that you could have seen through with a simple flashlight) and that you can see through very thin clothing that you could have otherwise seen through with your naked eyes? Oneplus's reaction to bad (and falsified) PR is astoundingly awful.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020

lavalamp6 and O1589563262735 like this.
  9. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 9, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    The initial post is wrong, and has been amended. It uses the middle camera (main) and the bottom camera (colour filter) not the top camera (wide angle) try it for your self rather than believing everything that is posted on twitter.

https://www.xda-developers.com/oxyg...er-see-through-xray-issue/#comment-4984543588

This will clear your thoughts 🤣

10. essbee82
    Donut Jul 9, 2020

royalemint likes this.
  11. TekRantGaming
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2020

TekRantGaming , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    From XDA

ports over the Photochrom filter to the wide-angle camera instead of utilizing the dedicated color filter camera hardware.

So I paid for a camera that's disabled now perfect

12. A1511263901591
    Donut Jul 9, 2020

13. Moph
    Eclair Jul 9, 2020

Moph , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    OnePlus, please launch the software update for duel SIM in Canada. Got my OnePlus 8 Pro on the initial launch day and has been waiting for the update so I can use second SIM.

ZerkerEOD likes this.
  14. Bloodlust
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2020

Bloodlust , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Thanks It's Clear now [e]1f601[/e]
    By the Way Can u tell me why horizon light not working for new notifications

15. brmbjn
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2020

brmbjn , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Link broken

16. Srínívas Sñ
    Honeycomb Jul 9, 2020

17. akarsh_singh
    Donut Jul 9, 2020

akarsh_singh , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Even I read one of the articles from XDA this morning but after updating, I tried out the camera filter.

It uses the main IMX689 sensor (not the ultrawide sensor) to detect the lighting conditions (natural lighting or artificial).
    The color filter sensor now only works in natural and bright conditions and not in areas with artificial lighting.

To try this out, just go outdoors, point your camera at a tree and enable the photochrom filter. You'll see the photochrom filter working fine. Now try covering the color filter lens(the bottom most lens) and the main sensor (middle lens) one at a time with any object or your fingers and observe the changes. Once any of the lenses are covered, a message pops up on the screen saying that the color filter lens only works in natual and bright surroundings.

PS: The working on lenses and the photochrom filter are only based on my observations without any knowledge of the actual functioning of the filter.

gourabcena and TekRantGaming like this.