[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 10.5.11 and 10.5.10 [EU] for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    What people need to understand is that OP NEVER marketed the camera as a NIR camera, it was marketed as a Colour Filter Camera and a colour filter camera does exactly what this camera now does, takes a picture alongside the main camera and adds the colour filter, in this case "photochrom" so whilst everyone is spitting out their dummies and demanding OP refund them, you don't have a leg to stand on legally so carry on bitching, moaning and acting like spoilt brats. It's gone, get used to it.

ritesh808 and Stewe304 like this.
  2. dazkgoodwin
    Froyo Jul 10, 2020

dazkgoodwin , Jul 10, 2020 :
    When you buy a smartphone, especially a very expensive one, you compare spec sheets and weigh up for yourself what features matter, and what one offers above the other. What did the OnePlus 8 Pro offer that the competition didn't? A very unique colour filter camera, which this update has rendered half-useless. Why not disable wireless warp charging next? or being able to use QHD and 120Hz at the same time? You might not care about the removal of a feature, but the gradual erosion of features after someone has purchased a device has to be challenged. OnePlus may appear that they're still tickling our tummy and hope we still play nice, but they're doing this whilst kicking us in the nuts. If they compensate by introducing new and innovate features to the OnePlus 8 Pro that make it stand it, then I'll be prepared to accept the loss of one feature for the gain of another. One feature that you couldn't give a monkeys about may well be the reason why someone bought this phone. That is just fact.

Lulzor likes this.
  3. alessan
    Honeycomb Jul 10, 2020

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Good i never used that camera, for me its useless anyway... If someone bought this phone just because of that cam, i feel sorry for them.

Lets be honest, this camera mode has been crap from the beginning, and for 99% of the users this cam is useless... I bet most of the perople out there dont even notice something has changed with the cam after this update... If thats the only reason why you bought this phone ask RMA if it is still possible, and its fine... but stop crying here..

We know that removing this option is not good, and i feel sorry for the ones that used the cam much.. but complaining here in over 500 posts leads to nothing... contact CS if you feel the need to complain or exchange the device. Nothing more to add!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020

SteveCP likes this.
  4. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

It still has a unique colour filter camera, what it doesn't have is the ability to see inside an apple remote anymore.

The spec sheet says colour filter camera not NIR camera, that was an unexpected side effect of using the 5MP camera by itself to take the photos, not even OP knew this would be the case.

Android 11DP has introduced a number of new filters so hopefully that will compensate.

Llaa likes this.
  5. dazkgoodwin
    Froyo Jul 10, 2020

The forum exists for discussion around OnePlus phones and features, and that what is happening here. As per my previous post, this broader issue is the removal of a feature. Most people don't use wireless WARP charging, so if OnePlus remove that and revert to Qi-charging only perhaps people should also keep quiet on the forums. Maybe remove 120Hz and make it 90Hz only, oh no, the forums are not for that either. I'm defending the right of OnePlus customers to legitimately take issue with the removal of a feature so soon after launch. If people on the forums do not do that, it may as well be renamed the 'oneplus-***-kissing-forum' - if I want a refund, I'll go to OnePlus, but please do not attack the right of forum users to voice their views about the removal of features.

jineeshr likes this.
  6. darshansiddu01
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

darshansiddu01 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    The internet connection breaks quite often. The hotspot connection is also not that great. the internet connection isn't smooth enough.

please provide an immediate fix.
    due to covid situation work from home needs hotspot all the time with internet connection

gourabcena likes this.
  7. dazkgoodwin
    Froyo Jul 10, 2020

Thank you, a reasonable response, and this is my point, if OnePlus continually develop and offer new features for the OnePlus 8 Pro, and show they value their customers, this is great news. I didn't buy the OnePlus 8 Pro for the colour filter camera, i thought it was just a pointless gimmick, but owners have the right to voice their concern if they were enjoying this feature.

C1589530973855 and SteveCP like this.
  8. alessan
    Honeycomb Jul 10, 2020

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    I dont want to say that it is not allowed to discuss here. Problems or bugs that appear.. But they wanted to removed the filter app, and it will not come back in the way that it was before. There have been privacy issues with it.

So ask RMA if it sucks you that much.
    And you know saying the remove 120 hz or similar is crap and will never happen...
    I m not a fanboy (first Oneplus) and i say that OP didnt handle that well, sure. But this is not a reason to cry that much...

9. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

Please refer to the first post on how to report this issue, OP will get back to you by that method otherwise your post will be lost in countless posts complaining about the colour filter camera or battery drain issues.

10. _TheGreenArrow_
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

11. anilkigal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2020

malbertoma likes this.
  12. ronakbarman
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2020

ronakbarman , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Use it for a few cycles, apps are optimised when phone is stationary for a long time, specially after an update

13. Thong_Yeap_Hong
    Eclair Jul 10, 2020

Thong_Yeap_Hong , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    what is your usage? mine just 4-5 hours with FHD+

14. Sahil_Deswal , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Atleast 200 unlocks a day, frequent browsing on shopping apps, community, forums, reddit and whatsapp. Calls for an hour or so, video calling 45 mins, few pics of my son everyday no games though.

15. dazkgoodwin
    Froyo Jul 10, 2020

To be fair, OnePlus are one of the best companies at listening to customers, there's been much bigger customer communication issues in the past (VW, SONOS, Apple battery capacity fixing thingy), this is a very minor issue, I just wanted to provide a voice for customers who ARE disappointed by a feature removal or 'fix'. Personally I don't think they should remove the feature, I mean, who are they trying to appease by doing this anyway? The only people making an issue are the British tabloid press ("you can see through clothes!!!") and countries run by dictatorships... oh sorry, I forgot, that'll be OnePlus homeland. LOL. Still, I enjoyed looking inside my Fire TV remote control with that funky feature whilst it lasted :)

Llaa likes this.

16. Thong_Yeap_Hong
    Eclair Jul 10, 2020

Thong_Yeap_Hong , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    that is amazing,almost same but mine can't last long like yours ~

Sahil_Deswal likes this.
  17. Sahil_Deswal , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Hmm, could you do the below and see if it helps

1. Check your network/signal strength. Sometimes signal issues will lead to higher drain.
    2. Put all non essential apps on optimise mode with notifications off.
    3. Remove auto brightness.
    4. Enable DC dimming from settings.
    5. Use black theme and apps with black mode.
    6. Disable Google app and assistant altogether.

Report back if battery life improves :)

Thong_Yeap_Hong likes this.
  18. renato.libz
    Donut Jul 10, 2020

renato.libz , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    when will 5g access be available in Australia? ive managed to get it by modifying my carrier policy xml in QPST but lost it all again after the latest update. this is starting to become frustrating.

rodney.armour@gm likes this.
  19. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

Is your phone dual SIM 4G standby or single SIM 5G enabled?