[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 10.5.11 and 10.5.10 [EU] for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Have just come back to it from 11, so far it's a massive improvement on that but it was expected from 11.

Ozymandias_Osiris likes this.
  2. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2020

Try structuring your sentences in to proper paragraphs before you try to insult someone, I am talking like someone who realises that there are more important things in the world than a party gimmick some Muppets actually picked this phone for over other competitors.

I am aware of the difference between the 2 pictures because had you bothered to look earlier in the thread you would have seen that I too posted a before and after picture.

Being a photographer you should know that to get a true photochrom picture you colourise black and white photos you do not apply the filter to an already coloured picture as the end result will not be the same, fact.

If you do not like the update you can roll back and get that filter working off the 5MP camera again or move up to Android 11 beta (DP), it is an option instead of coming on here and demanding they put it back or give you your money back when they have quickly adjusted it to try to make everyone happy.

I dare say that due to the amount of crying people have done they will continue to adjust the filter until they get it as close to how it was but as per usual the self entitled on here want everything to work perfectly after every update and stamp their feet instead of actually submitting a suggestion via the proper channels.

3. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2020

iFoxdie, SnoopBok and tobias14 like this.
  4. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2020

This is definitely something worth being upset about, people don't buy a top end phone to experience black crush and green or red tint issues. Thankfully I am one of the lucky ones that don't have an issue with my screen but I agree that this is more important of an issue than the gimmick.

5. magento
    Eclair Jul 13, 2020

6. Goku_SuperSaiyan

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 13, 2020 :
    right !.
    camera can be tuned by a software update , but what if the issues are not addressed !...
    if possible please everyone provide feedback and try to outreach to social media !...

SteveCP likes this.
  7. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2020

magento likes this.
  8. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2020

9. magento
    Eclair Jul 13, 2020

SteveCP likes this.
  10. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2020

11. magento
    Eclair Jul 13, 2020

magento , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Ah, that's no big deal, touch and gesture control is more important to me, but thanks[e]1f602[/e]

SteveCP likes this.
  12. PatRick030
    Gingerbread Jul 13, 2020

13. tobias14

14. SnoopBok
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

SnoopBok , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Indeed, I still don't understand why OnePlus isn't officially talking about it. Just some ad random promises from support I see, being quoted by people on this forum. In these messages they say it will be fixed by the next update. If so, why not officially communicate about it? I think it's strange, don't you?

15. Vechera
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

16. Deactivated User and SteveCP like this.
  17. rachit_asia , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Dear Avishek, the person you are trying to make understand will NOT be able to.. what you are trying to say. He just needs someone to write good paragraphs with a good grammer.
    He should be using a bar phone like a Nokia 1100 imho because every feature other than calling is useless!

18. Jay0597 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Many mentioned things aren't fixed as of yet!
    •Netflix still doesn't support full screen.
    •It says filter camera enabled but it's still disabled.
    •Black crush, red/yellow/green tint still visible and the black bar adjacent to the camera as well.

Don't know what actually got fixed after the update?!

19. Sphink
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

20. Nicolas_Verhoeven , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    I'm really disappointed in what happened here. Not because OnePlus decided on there own to just remove the so called "X-ray" effect from the photochrome camera. For some reason they did it in a really sneaky way and lowered their standards and destroying people's trust forever. First they removed the photochrome option by pushing a forced updated without notification, there was no choice for the phone owner not to remove this feature. After that they released the official update that fixes the photochrome filter which was never broke to begin with. Please apologize, bring this feature back and don't go sneaking behind phone owners backs on their phones.