[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 10.5.11 and 10.5.10 [EU] for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. codesilog
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

codesilog , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    I set the orientation to landscape but I'm still seeing the black bar in its original location

1594737840143.jpg

talkwidnitin likes this.
  2. T1573805553049
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

3. rachit_asia , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Exactly! Well said brother...

4. rachit_asia , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Oh! Strange. In my case there's nothing in landscape mode. Also, please do not emphasize to look at the black bar by opening dark screens. Instead, enjoy the display as I am!
    If it's present in 90% of the cases then we can't do nything about it.... [e]1f604[/e]

5. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Let me ask you this:

1. Are you upset because they removed what you believe to be the photochrom effect that was applied by the 5MP camera?

2. Do you even know what photochrom looks like? If you did you would realise that what we have now with the overlay on the main camera is actually more like Photchrom than the white and copper effect the 5MP camera produced.

You all claim to have bought this phone because the photochrom filter was the deciding factor yet none of you actually know what photochrom actually is or looks like.

The phone was never marketed with NIR tech so bringing this in to the arguement is pointless, it was a mistake which they have rectified, they didn't remove an advertised feature the corrected a mistake.

Do I work for OP? No I do not, nor do I think this phone is faultless however, instead of jumping on the bandwagon with the rest of the clueless I actually report my issues and submit logs like they ask you too.

To be an apologist I would need to be defending something controversial, the adjustment of an advertised filter that now actually looks like the namesake of that filter isn't controversial it's actually an improvement because the filter now actually looks photochromatic rather than white and copper.

f0li0_ likes this.
  6. SteveCP

This was removed on purpose by OnePlus, they have no intention of returning the selfie camera to full screen

7. Abbas.Bohari53
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

Abbas.Bohari53 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    I have used samsung and iphone before and the calibration on those displays is top notch. You can't even distinguish between two of the same displays. But in this phone it is opposite it is so poor that even using the same phone from 10 days I still get mad everytime I see this and curse myself for spending money on this, better I spent some extra money and gone with Samsung.

Oneplus is not able to resolve the display issue and making the Photocrom camera a top priority. After months of releasing the device they are not able to fix this issue. What kind of childs play is this? Either fix or replace or refund our money.
    My display looks crushed with black and green tint on the lower side of screen. This happens even with the brightness is set to medium or high. They say dis is software issue but I am sure dis is the hardware defect

talkwidnitin and SnoopBok like this.
  8. SteveCP

If you are within your cool off period I would return the phone because the next update will surely come after this has passed and you will no longer be able to return the phone and there is no guarantee that this will be fixed in the next update.

9. thedarkpresence_
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2020

thedarkpresence_ , Jul 14, 2020 :
    "You all claim" - I never did. Stop generalizing. You don't know me.

I can't care less about photochrom filter. My issue is about principle. Oneplus pulled something similar earlier with Oneplus 7 pro when they introduced the macro mode in the camera, they even advertised it after that. And that was on a stable build of OOS. But they later on removed it from 7 pro so that they can make it exclusive for 7t series. Hardware or software based, doesn't matter. You do not remove features.

Yes, I do realize that we now have an overlay with the filter on with better image quality, but if they can do this, they can surely tone down colors from the main camera instead of toning down the color filter lens, to give it a more authentic feel. And limiting usage in nights/indoors is wrong. The new implementation puts people who live in cloudy areas, or areas which do not get too much sun, at a loss.

So please, instead of just presumptively responding to every person who is against this new implementation, simply submit your feedback and logs, as you so proudly mention you do, and be done with it.

Ranjii and rachit_asia like this.
  10. silan7
    Eclair Jul 14, 2020

silan7 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Hey everyone.
    Anyone know what happened to photochrom ??
    I updated my 8pro device & the great photochrom get lost...
    Please anyone can help me how to undo that terrible update?

11. SteveCP

If it was an advertised feature then sure I would be as upset as the rest but it wasn't and it has been corrected to do what it was advertised to do, looking at the amount of posts on here I am sure they will readjust it in a future up date which the woke generation will have to wait for.

S1592775593407 likes this.
  12. Inge.massie
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

13. silan7
    Eclair Jul 14, 2020

if I knew a month ago that oneplus will destroy that great photochrom mode, I would not think to purchase this device.
    I'm very disappointed from oneplus.
    & if they won't fix this terrible issue, I'm going to change my mind about oneplus and never going to get near their stuff.
    & also if anyone ask me about oneplus, I'm going to tell him how I spent 1000$ for something that after one month it been taken, & don't get near to oneplus!

Dave8pro likes this.
  14. silan7
    Eclair Jul 14, 2020

I'm disappointed that I bought the op8 pro.
    without the photochrom mode like before (or better), that device it's not special at all...
    I'm mad on myself, I should buy the "Samsung s20 ultra" !
    I had 3 Samsung devices the last 10 years, & Samsung never releasted updates to destroy their own special features.
    I don't know way oneplus do that...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020

Dave8pro and marfz like this.
  15. LuminousMind
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

LuminousMind , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Like many, I was looking forward to using Photochrom camera again. It's a function I loved and used frequently in the past until is was disabled.

Regrettably and sadly, the new "adjusted" Photochrom is a joke ... Reduction of ray and wave sensitivity crippled this sensor, which can no longer produce the results it once did. This is not an adjustment - it's a regression.

I still have a copy of 10.5.7 Oxygen OS and will be going back to it, where the real Photochrom is still alive.

@ NeverSettle - what happened to pushing the boundaries? You killed an innovative (albeit still in its infancy) camera / sensor just to pacify YouTubers and social media trolls ... Facepalm

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020

16. Riskjockey
    Eclair Jul 14, 2020

satyam.guptaa likes this.
  17. PatRick030
    Froyo Jul 14, 2020

PatRick030 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Funny today I received an email from the Dutch OP support telling me they took PhotoChrom from the device to be able to develop and improve it. Stating it will be back and better once they finished development. What a load of crap ( along with some other comments )

They or she did encourage me to post in this forum because their tech support reads here and focus on the issues reported here.
    1594744480241.jpg

marfz likes this.
  18. mbze430
    Froyo Jul 14, 2020

mbze430 , Jul 14, 2020 :
    They have "improved" it. Photochrom looks more like the real photochrom then it was when it first started with the "x-ray" implementation. But it's not even close to the real photochrom. Probably never will be.

The real concern is for the IN2025 Dual Sims support. That should be #1 item on their to-do list

Swejuggalo and SteveCP like this.
  19. D1594008614914
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

20. silan7
    Eclair Jul 14, 2020

Hey.
    I'm absolutely with u !
    I paid for this feature too.
    do u think we can bring it to outside developer to figure some solutions for us?

Ranjii, Dave8pro and marfz like this.