Gingerbread Jul 16, 2020

2. DharmMahla
    Donut Jul 16, 2020

3. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2020

4. Ramit0009
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

Ramit0009 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    battery is draining out fast , with previous version display setting to fhd and 60hz refresh rate it was giving me 7h plus screen time ... after update it's giving 5:30h

gourabcena likes this.
  5. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    The problem is, OnePlus never advertised this as a feature, they advertised photochrom. What the camera produced was not photochrom and therefore not as advertised, we could call this unexpected effect a fault.

OnePlus have now corrected that fault so that the pictures taken look more like photochrom than they previously did (still some work to be done) but now people want the fault back?

6. alessan
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2020

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Thats not good. I have the same SOT, but with QHD and 120 hz... Even now after i got the update

7. Rizu007
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

8. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 16, 2020 :
    The topic of the camera changes seems to be split into different camps.

1. Not caring about the filter at all.
    2. Not really caring about the filter but have heard and seen or tried it just for fun due to the stuff with IR and plastics effect. Complains because of loosing something. What they feel they have lost is not the important thing.
    3. People that bought the phone for IR visuals and see through plastics and the looks of photochrom. They believe old photochrom is the real photochrom. The actual resemblance of real photochrom is unknown or does not matter. They complain since they actually had some use of the old "filter".
    4. People that don't really like the filter regardless of new or old filter because it rarely looks like photochrom anyway.
    5. People that basically think the old "filter" is the only thing that matters. They do everything to keep it. Including refusing to update it.
    6. People that actually had some use of the IR effects like visible IR light.
    7. People that have no idea of what has been done and still screams ban/boycott because of a video they just saw... And of course don't have the phone or wish they could buy it in secret 😋
    8. The people that liked the old photochrom due to it being easier to modify in photo apps

Think I got them all. I'm a little bit of 1, 4 and 6.

9. gubro
    KitKat Jul 16, 2020

gubro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I suggest you stop derailing this topic.

Montu001 likes this.
  10. gubro
    KitKat Jul 16, 2020

gubro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    You know, that this is a massive exaggeration. How is adjusting one filter compares to half the storage?

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. Dave8pro
    Eclair Jul 16, 2020

Dave8pro , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I think they must keep both filters, the new one for the people who likes the real photochrome, and our old one named like IR SPECTRUM for all the people that lost a feature, so all of us will be happy.[e]1f601[/e]

12. PlusUn
    Froyo Jul 16, 2020

PlusUn , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Well, I don't care about this filter but I do care about face and trust.
    And clearly, Oneplus disabling something and lying to my face does not feel good.
    Especially, considering that instead of implementing an useless module to most, they should have disregarded it in the first place ( and just dealing with public opinion and playing with the software is a further waste of money)

Anyway, wasting time disabling it and lying to people in Europe is even more stupid.
    Talk about respect and never settling.

13. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2020

This thread has been proper derailed with this topic of the camera,

50 pages and 3/4 are full of the same issue, there are countless threads all over the forum, I am sure OnePlus will have taken note of this and will address it in another update but I'd suggest there are more important issues than a camera filter affecting the phone.

1. Users are complaining about battery drain after this update, personally this hasn't affected me and is a massive improvement over the 11 betas I have tried.

2. Screen issues are still being reported, I actually came across this when I went to the DP2 update which disappeared when returning to 10, so hopeful that this is a software issue and can be fixed for those that have this issue.

3. VoLTE switch not on some phones under enhanced communications but available on others, this is something I have reported, my 7pro had this toggle but my 8pro doesn't.

talkwidnitin, kilroy69 and fidus62 like this.

14. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2020

You are still within your cool off period so it is up to you.

15. thedarkpresence_
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2020

thedarkpresence_ , Jul 16, 2020 :
    In that case, OnePlus never advertised ability to add 5 separate fingerprints at a time, or wifi sharing through hotspot, and other N number of things. If OnePlus were to go ahead and disable or limit one of these other things, would you justify that with your current argument?
    And I don't understand, if OnePlus supposedly adds an option to choose between the old implementation of the color filter lens or the new one, how is that harming you in any way? Why are you negating everyone in this forum across several threads? Are you seriously that free in your life?

16. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2020

Wow it's taken you 2 days to come back with this? Why are you even still bringing this conversation up? It's done, nothing you can say or do will bring it back before the next update and even then it won't be the same.

Kindly stop tagging me with your pointless drivel and get on with your complaining about a fault that has been repaired.

17. thedarkpresence_
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2020

thedarkpresence_ , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Not everyone is as free in life as you. And same goes for you. Kindly stop negating people on this thread over this topic.

Dave8pro likes this.
  18. kilroy69
    Donut Jul 16, 2020

kilroy69 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Hey guys, i dont have yet this 8pro, but just wanna ask, still issue the display in Uk or this is just in India? Or more often in India? Since 2 or 3 months wanted to buy, but with this screen fault stuff is disappointed me. I dont care about camera filters or like this, i mean its a nice feature, but i dont need. For me more important to have a phone what i can use to the end.

19. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 16, 2020

JelleZon , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Is it possible to turn off the automatic switch to macro mode?
    Lord Jesus that's so annoying because it sometimes switches back and forth.

I want to turn it on and it should stay on

iFoxdie and thedarkpresence_ like this.