[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 10.5.11 and 10.5.10 [EU] for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Devang@4408
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

Devang@4408 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I'm working in UAE. in this update I couldn't find the 5G settings for my Du sim card. even as default internet settings my internet is not working. My phone model is IN2013. Is there any issue in UAE Version One plus 8?

2. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I had gone away from this topic trying to steer it back in the right direction but instead you had to drag me back in SMH.

3. thedarkpresence_
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2020

thedarkpresence_ , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Or off and it should stay off. I agree. I submitted feedback for this, you should too.

JelleZon likes this.
  4. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 16, 2020 :
    If 5 finger prints was not the inteended function and somehow enabled by mistake and some thinks that is a good feature but it's then fixed... Should rage and complaints be the common reaction?
    I know the lens is slightly different from a regular bug but...
    Old photochrom had some perks that don't have anything to do with photochrom. Even the new one can be pretty far from what photochrom really is.
    The waves of ban/boycott screamers and over reactions forced them to fix the "problem" that barely existed to begin with.
    While the old filter simply only used the color filter lens... It was there as a filter... It still is a filter but made differently.
    I don't see it as possible to return the old "photochrom"... What could be possible is to get the return of pictures from the lens... But with a filter on top of it to remove the "problem". Some (including me) actually had some use of seeing IR. In my case I would not really care how the actual picture or video looks... I just want some kind of visual IR detection back. For example reduce the colors that much that makes people that believes that everyone can run around snapping boob pics all day long feel safe again 😋
    Loss of detail could be a solution if the actual feature you want is IR detection.

SteveCP and thedarkpresence_ like this.
  5. thedarkpresence_
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2020

Look, like I said earlier, I can't care less about photochrome filter. It's more about breach of trust. And for what, because I believe even you once mentioned those youtubers and others were only after more clicks, and there's no proof of any actual misuse. OP should care more about actual users than that.
    And I realize there's no going back to old implementation. But the new implementation has a lot of room for improvement.
    And yes, as a doctor, and especially in these times, the IR capability was actually useful to me as it could detect peripheral veins. Finding out my 60k toy can no longer do what it used to do is saddening, to say the least.

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 16, 2020 :
    After having background closed the camera it goes back to default behaviour (auto). Toggle it on and then off once. And then it sticks off until you have reloaded the camera app. Then it defaults to auto again. The toggle would need 3 states. To make this more obvious and a way to set the prefered standard mode.
    Some better manual control would come in handy. Some want it manual. Some want it automatically. If manually touching the setting everytime reloading camera you get manual. But it's 2 extra touches if you never want it to use auto.

JelleZon likes this.
  7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 16, 2020 :
    There are always some people that overreact. Even use fake pics just to be "right" and "prove" something...
    They can be found everywhere.
    They destroy stuff for the normal people.

8. thedarkpresence_
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2020

I agree, but even that's no justification.

9. JelleZon
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

JelleZon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Agree on that
    3 states for the toggle would be much easier
    On off auto

10. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I guess there is a problem that is problematic to ignore.
    There is a lot of strange things affecting how companies has to act... Right or wrong, depends on who you ask... The winner is not nessesarilly the customer

thedarkpresence_ likes this.
  11. Ramit0009
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

Ramit0009 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    battery issues ... i was getting 7hr + screen time with fhd 60hz before this update ... but after the update I am getting max 6hr with same display setting

iFoxdie likes this.
  12. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Have you checked the battery stats over different behaviour? Both apps and full device stats.

13. everkurt
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2020

14. Abudul Hassan
    Eclair Jul 17, 2020

Abudul Hassan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Facing the same issue with my phone...am not sure if it is a hardware or software issue..i have contacted oneplus but no response

15. S1593155543783
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2020

16. MrMousey
    Eclair Jul 17, 2020

MrMousey , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 17, 2020 :
    this damn update broke my photo chromatic filter. what kind of BS are you guys on right now OnePlus!!

first, you break my dual SIM capabilities on the phone. then you keep us out of date on the security patches and now you've ruined my photo chromatic camera on the phone with this update.

this seriously make me question if I'll ever buy another OnePlus product again. so damn sad!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020

Jedi2020 and AbhijeetGandhi like this.
  17. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Security patches will always be the same when they update every 2nd month, you can roll back to an earlier version to get the filter back, dual SIM is only an issues on the 2025 and 2017T mobile variants.

OP have said it will be updated in the next update but we will see.

MrMousey likes this.
  18. MrMousey
    Eclair Jul 17, 2020

thanks for the info on the roll back. where is it that you saw them say the dual SIM issue will be fixed in the next update?

19. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 17, 2020 :
    XDA forum, someone posted their conversation with the customer service rep on there.

MrMousey likes this.
  20. MrMousey
    Eclair Jul 17, 2020

oh. that can't be taken seriously then. they told me that last month when I called them. a few weeks later this update rolls out and still no fix. unless OnePlus puts out an official statement (which they've refused to do it provide any actual updates on) I'm not believing a word their customer service reps have to say on it.

SteveCP likes this.