[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 10.5.11 and 10.5.10 [EU] for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 17, 2020 :
    There seems to be a lot of mistrust with the CS reps.I still don't understand why the EU version can disable 1.sim to take advantage of 5G but US variants don't have that option

MrMousey likes this.
  2. MrMousey
    Froyo Jul 17, 2020

MrMousey , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 17, 2020 :
    that's the thing. OnePlus has not made any statement to inform customers of why they made their decision to disable it for North American customers but leave it enabled for everyone else.

they're not doing themselves any favours by handling the situation as terribly as they have. probably why the Nord will only be released in Asia and EU. that's just me speculating but seeing how it's going to be a 5G capable phone and only being launched initially in areas that already have the dual SIM working, it seems to be a logical conclusion. to me anyway.

Pete needs to step up and be the proper CEO and address this issue, take responsibility and provide an update on when it will be enabled and why it was disabled in the first place.

SteveCP likes this.
  3. diverp
    Donut Jul 17, 2020

4. M.Danishrana
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2020

M1588559626742 likes this.
  5. Atmospheric
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2020

6. malbertoma
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2020

malbertoma , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Hi, I've got a problem, since I updated my oneplus 8 to oxigenos 10.5.10, my battery is running out very fast. has anyone the same problem? how can I fix it?

7. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Hasn't reached my phone in UK either yet, have been up and down to Android 11 a few times but sitting back on .9 at the minute.

8. 3beau
    Donut Jul 18, 2020

9. George_Arwnis
    Froyo Jul 18, 2020

10. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2020

11. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2020

12. George_Arwnis
    Froyo Jul 18, 2020

13. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Have you back up from a previous OP phone? If so you need to check the settings in Oxygen Updater to see if your phone thinks it is still the old phone, has happened to a few people.

14. Vechera
    Froyo Jul 18, 2020

SteveCP likes this.

15. gourabcena likes this.
  16. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 18, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 18, 2020 :
    You just updated and you expect an instant improvement?
    There is a certain settle in period. When it just have updated there are parts that is not optimized yet. Leaving it on charge a night or 2 or running the background optimizing command speeds the process up.

Via adb shell.
    cmd package bg-dexopt-job

Even after that checking the battery stats for change of behaviour (both apps and full device usage) is still a good idea.

Deactivated User likes this.

17. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 18, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 18, 2020 :
    First time right after an new update it can be normal. Let it do a full charge and settle in. Normally it goes away unless some app or component started acting strange.
    There are 2 types of optimizations done. The fast one is done simply by using the phone and the apps. The other one takes longer time (thus less optimal to do on battery) and is only active while on the charger.

18. Muhammed_Butt
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

Muhammed_Butt , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 19, 2020 :
    the update went well.but dont understand what's happened to the photochrome filter now. used to work all the time. now it doesn't seem to have any effect. why have you done that.

19. uickevin
    Donut Jul 19, 2020