[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 11.2.7.7 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 17, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Usually in the first month or so, the updates will come out fast, once things settle down, it may return to normal speed of updates. Chances are this update may release to EU by the weekend if they follow their normal approximate update release schedule. They are usually released in 3 tranches about a week apart. There is no exact time line so these are approximate for each model of phone.

But in saying that, Oneplus never give ETAs on releases. I am merely going on Incremental release schedules for other phones.

2. mattb77705
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2021

3. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS)
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2021

4. speeddevil44
    Donut Jun 17, 2021

speeddevil44 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 17, 2021 :
    From the Intel that we know it is still on, but the time they need to be ready for Europe is still in time

5. choiwah
    Eclair Jun 18, 2021

choiwah , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 18, 2021 :
    What's wrong with the BA version?
    There is 2weeks gap between the DA version and BA

fidus62 and Sunay85 like this.
  6. Randomness232
    Donut Jun 18, 2021

Randomness232 , Jun 18, 2021 :
    This update still does not fix a bug where brightness decreases when the display is locked and does not increase to previous position unless I move the brightness slider manually. This happens even if lighting conditions do not change in the room. It does not always happen but happens pretty randomly when I lock the display and leave the phone in the pocket or on the table for some time. I have used many Samsung phones before and Google phones and brightness never randomly decreased on them in same lighting conditions and automatic brightness worked much better on them, I never had to manually adjust the brightness on phones like Samsung S20 or Pixel 5 after initial setting of the brightness. Other than this I don't really have issues with current version.

paulswift36, CS1989 and CorneliuRO like this.
  7. Ultradyong
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2021

Ultradyong , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 18, 2021 :
    I am still getting intensive battery drainage on my device with smart refresh rate turn on about 25 to 35 percent battery drain in 30 minutes of use. Hopefully an update for June Europe Oxygen Os can address the issues I face so far on OnePlus 9 Pro devices. I am also facing the issues unable to see image on phone on bright sunny days. Hopefully there is an update that fixes this issues as well.

veda2810 likes this.
  8. kayroccs
    Froyo Jun 18, 2021

9. never123
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2021

never123 , via OnePlus 9 , Jun 18, 2021 :
    While waiting for fix, mayb u can try turn off the ambient display.

10. paulswift36
    Froyo Jun 18, 2021

paulswift36 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 18, 2021 :
    It's only a short term fix which then meant having to go through all of my apps giving them back their permissions. I wouldn't recommend it. 2-3 days, the problem was back.

nosvasedis likes this.
  11. paulswift36
    Froyo Jun 18, 2021

I've had my settings like this forever, makes no difference I'm afraid

Caomhin and nosvasedis like this.
  12. aikenaunt
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2021

aikenaunt , via OnePlus 9 , Jun 18, 2021 :
    My OnePlus 9
    app locker work for the first time then no need password to enter app
    it not safe really
    Please I don't want to use third party app locker
    Hey Oneplus How can I solve this problem

13. paulswift36
    Froyo Jun 18, 2021

Gmail synch issue: in my view this is the aggressive battery use throttling in the operating system, which 1+ have changed to try to improve battery life. It's now preventing Google services from synching as it should. I suspect if they fix it, battery life will suffer and so will sales. I've got an 8T here and it works perfectly so it's definitely the software on this phone. I'd return it but I'm not past the return window. Going to try some other email apps.

14. Trebronix , via OnePlus 9 Arctic Sky , Jun 18, 2021 :
    This is not a bug. Once you have unlocked that app then it will remain unlocked until you lock the phone.
    It's because you unlocked it and you are continuously using the phone so it assumes it's still in your hand. You have to lock the phone to lock the app too.

15. paulswift36
    Froyo Jun 18, 2021

Just used Spark as an alternative to Gmail and it gets emails immediate, Gmail just sits there doing nothing. Not recommending using Spark specifically but if you are stuck with this phone, over priced lump that it is, try an alternative email app until 1+ bother to fix it. Last 1+ phone for me and my family.

Doggystar likes this.
  16. Doggystar
    Froyo Jun 18, 2021

Doggystar , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 18, 2021 :
    Spark is best, used too 👍🏼

17. Dipjyoti Nath
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jun 18, 2021

Dipjyoti Nath , Jun 18, 2021 :
    Sorry to see that you have been having a hard time trying to use your device in order to maintain a stable network connectivity. Thereby, in order to have a better understanding why this kind of issues are arising on your device we would require few more details regarding this. Hence, we have dropped you a personal message and hoping you would be able to get back to us with the required info.

RonaldM likes this.
  18. Dipjyoti Nath

We are extremely sorry to hear that you are facing issue with device usage while looking for notifications. Thereby, for analyzing this better we have sent you a personal message regarding the same to gather further more information.

RonaldM likes this.
  19. paulswift36
    Froyo Jun 18, 2021

20. Dipjyoti Nath

Sorry for the trouble which have been arising on your device and been troubling you for such a long duration with the auto brightness self maneuvering on the device. Thereby, in order to have a better understanding why this kind of issues are arising on your device we would require few more details regarding this. Hence, we have dropped you a personal message and hoping you would be able to get back to us with the required info.