[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 8 Series

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Sep 8, 2020

Gary C. , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Edit: For those that were using Open Beta 1 or 2, please provide your feedback on some of the new features through this survey

community post image final version_画板 1.png

Friends,

As you may know, Google just released Android 11 today, and some of you may even have already gotten a preview of our newest version of OxygenOS with the last developer preview version. Now, we’re excited to bring you an even better experience with the full open beta of OxygenOS 11.

Thanks to our close collaboration with Google, OnePlus is one of the first smartphone brands to be able to officially bring Android 11 to you – on the day it is officially launched – with the first open beta of OxygenOS 11. For those of you who want to fully understand what the new OxygenOS 11 is all about, check it out today and see for yourself. Now faster and smoother with new design elements that add a bit of boldness to stock Android, we think the updated layout makes one-handed operation easier and more intuitive – and just gives you a better and more beautiful overall experience.

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

Watch more in our creative video.

Key updates
    • System
      • Fresh new UI visual design brings you more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
      • Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
      • Optimized the brightness bar display in status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
    • Game space
      • Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WhatsApp, Instagram and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
      • Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
    • Ambient display
      • Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
      • Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
      • Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
    • Dark mode
      • Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
      • Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
    • Zen Mode
      • Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1,Zen space2), and more timing options.
      • Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
    • Gallery
      • Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
    Please note: This instruction is only for OnePlus 8/8 Pro, and please make sure the battery level is above 30% and minimum 3GB of available storage space.

MP version = Stable official version
    OBT version = Open Beta Version

MP to OBT upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update
    Note: This upgrade method will not erase data but please be sure to backup first.

1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
    2. Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
    3. Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
    4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
    5. Update successful.

OBT to MP rollback guidevia Local OTA update
    Note: This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.

1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
    2. Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
    3. Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
    4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
    5. Update successful.

Ready to get started on the Open Beta 1?
    Want to go back to MP? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
    Note:
    1. Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app. If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.
    Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com.

[​IMG]

2. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.
    3. OBT1 does not have Indian OxygenOS version for now. If users in the IN area update this version, some functions may be missing. The OxygenOS 11 version for IN area is expected to be released in the upcoming OBT version. Stay tuned.

* For more info about OxygenOS 11 Open Beta, please refer to FAQs for OxygenOS11 Open Beta

Never Settle.​

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 8, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Links are now fixed, thank you for the heads up.

3. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Sep 9, 2020

Stickied Post

4. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Sep 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Sep 10, 2020 :
    I miss it too. We will bring it back to the official OxygenOS 11 build (actually we are also looking for other solutions).

5. JMac1
    Eclair Sep 8, 2020

6. Angel1297
    Eclair Sep 8, 2020

7. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2020

8. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2020

9. NateDev
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2020

NateDev , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 8, 2020 :
    While a day 1 release is always nice, I can't help but think that OnePlus is slowing down for all but the latest devices.

For example, last year the Android 10 developer preview was available for the 6/6T series, and the 7 series. 7 series got the day 1 release, and then 6 series followed in October. This year, however, the 7/7T series was exempt from the preview, and only the latest series (8) got a preview.

So it leads me to think that the 7 series will be even later than October, since they don't even have a developer preview though. And that's not even mentioning stability. Last year, the first few releases for the 6 series were extremely buggy. It would've been better to wait a few more weeks to polish them further, in my opinion.
    Not to mention when in 2021 the 6 series will get it :P

Hopefully I'm wrong and there's work being done behind-the-scenes :p

Also not too big a fan of the new UI changes, but I'll have to reserve full judgement until I can actually experience it on my device instead of simply viewing pictures. I guess part of my distaste is the new font and UI icons - they're too thin and not rounded enough imo. The quick settings has a massive clock at the top now, taking up space. I do however like the new home screen icons! There are good changes in the new UI, but they're outweighed by the bad ones, and it just makes the whole experience look inconsistent.

To be honest, I quite liked the concepts by @Its.Leandroo, the PM challenge winner. Damn, that was over a year ago! Time flies. They were a nice mix of stock Android with additional features and a little OnePlus flair on top.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020

10. daavid1995
    Eclair Sep 8, 2020

E1600055142189 likes this.

12. ankitgondalia
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Sep 8, 2020

13. Kas206
    Eclair Sep 8, 2020

Kas206 , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Just to make sure. This will not delete data if you're coming from android 10 to android 11 beta?
    Download link is not working for me! said:
    EDIT: Download link now works

14. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2020

Godfather 1 , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Every link is working..what are you talking about?

15. robbstark
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2020

robbstark , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Awesome! Downloading now! Thank you guys!

Edit: you switched up the labels for the links :S
    pro link is for the non-pro
    welp downloading 2.7 gigs again

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020

16. aoaleman
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2020

aoaleman , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Are the open beta links switched? Seeing "pro" in the file name for 8 and vice versa for 8 Pro.

This has been fixed, thanks
    Edited by moderator (mojoyoyo77)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2020

17. Supergamer65
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2020

18. Tomj44
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2020

Z1596804225729 likes this.
  19. mr_laemp
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2020

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020