3. k4ustu3h
    Froyo Sep 13, 2020

f0li0 likes this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Sep 13, 2020

5. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 13, 2020 :
    Tried in several apps that supports it? Is gallery app still installed?

6. FernBch
    Donut Sep 13, 2020

FernBch , Sep 13, 2020 :
    Been on OOS11 for a couple days now and have read through this thread. Things I have noticed:

If you are not on the Global Version, don't ask if you can install. Of course some of you may be able to but you may lose some features specific to your locality/version.

If you are on TMO, VZW, etc. you likely cannot flash this. Some carriers have blocked that ability. THEY control the update, not OnePlus. That's the downside of purchasing a branded variant instead a a OnePlus device.

Remember developer rule #1. Don't ask when will this be available for my device? Or, when will the stable version be released? There are NO ETA's for a release. Ever!

Instead of asking the same question over and over, SEARCH the thread. The answer may already be there!

Example. I downloaded the update. How do I flash it from.......? If you don't basic things like know how to rename a file or what a root directory is maybe you shouldn't be manually flashing an OS......

That said.

I did the update install as outlined in the OP, previously ran OOS10. There have been a few apps I have noticed bugs in, such as the Alarm Clock, Chrome, third party launchers, etc. Clearing all app data has helped some but not all.

It seems as if my device behaves like a dirty flash gone bad. I've reverted to OOS10 and updated to OOS11 again as instructed in the OP with the same issues.

If you've installed via update and have strange issues I suggest a factory reset/install from recovery or unpack the update and manually flash the .img files from fastboot. There's something not right with the update install process. I can easily repeat my issues installing OB1 via update....

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020

7. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Sep 13, 2020

Gav_W86 , Sep 13, 2020 :
    then why bother to beta test if you are not going to feed back?

8. Swejuggalo

Ideally this would not be visible. So when done properly with some tweaks hopefully does not show. Guess we need to wait and see.
    I'm pretty sure it's not unique to Oneplus. Unless already perfectly color calibrated on both Hz even Pixels would have this issue.

A1592213916494 likes this.
  9. NEOMERCER
    Froyo Sep 13, 2020

NEOMERCER , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 13, 2020 :
    The thread is specifically tied to the 8 because that is the device the update is coming to first, but like I said it is generalized because there are features that are coming in this update to other devices which is why there are people who don't own an 8 that are here in the comments. If it was specifically limited to the 8 I could understand people being a little annoyed but again this update isn't exclusive to the 8.

Again, I think it's just whatever that some people made some comments about eagerly awaiting the update, it really isn't that big of a deal.

10. Swejuggalo

I think there is room for improvement if users feel they report to deaf ears.
    I have mostly good experiances though when it comes to reports and fixes. But some stuff falls off the map sometimes.
    If some users mostly get bad experiances and feels that most bug rapports are ignored/forgotten/missed.... Then that view is what you get I guess.

11. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 13, 2020 :
    If it was a general thread it would have been in announcements not the 8 series forum. There will be things specific to the 8 series because lower series don't have the same hardware configuration.

If you had something for the 7 pro and the 6 and 5 series users spammed the thread with mundane nonsense I am sure you would be annoyed if you were having to sift through 100 pages of nonsense to find an answer.

That is obviously where we differ in opinion and this will be my last comment with you about it as it is clear that you are not grasping the fundamental point of my previous posts.

gubro likes this.
  12. Çveneburi
    Donut Sep 13, 2020

Çveneburi , Sep 13, 2020 :
    Hi, i have 10.5.13.IN11AA rom. Can i update android 11 global and than can ı downgrade my rom ?

13. JazielSM
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2020

14. NEOMERCER
    Froyo Sep 13, 2020

NEOMERCER , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 13, 2020 :
    I understand what you're saying fine. It seems more like you're not getting or choosing to dismiss what I have already said. I already acknowledged that seeing other people comment about eagerly awaiting the update would not bother me because they are minding their own business, as am I. I'm not about to start throwing my hands in the air and whining over something like that. The info about the update detailed in this thread has literally zero to do specifically with the 8 series of phones so i don't understand why it's hard to understand why other users would be here reading it. The way this post is written it could literally be put in the general announcements. If it said something like it was bringing exclusive features to only the 8 series, then that would make sense. I've said my piece, I just think people need to stop overreacting and just let others be and do their thing. It's a moderators job to moderate, if they feel like what someone is saying is offensive or irrelevant then they will take care of it.

15. Swejuggalo

Bubbles support is pretty limited so far. Telegram X seems to open the chat if I recall correctly in my case. You might use the regular client perhaps?

16. Winston1192
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2020

17. Swejuggalo

You can install 11 Beta yes. But if you regret it or want to use stable later when it comes it will wipe the phone.

18. Çveneburi
    Donut Sep 13, 2020

Çveneburi , Sep 13, 2020 :
    Is the phone wiped when installing android 11?

19. Çveneburi
    Donut Sep 13, 2020

20. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2020

Tee_Eee_Bee , Sep 13, 2020 :
    Phone is not wiped when installing A11.

Rolling back to A10 if the beta version doesn't do everything you need, or you decide to wait for a stable release, or you don't like it etc. will wipe your phone. This also applies if you need to roll back and then update to a specific version of OS that is older.

In the past, so long as the OS version you are trying to install has a later build date than what is currently in your phone, you could switch between beta and stable with no data loss. It's only when trying to "downgrade" to an older version that a wipe occurs.

Çveneburi likes this.