[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 8 Series

1. jamescarter701
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2020

jamescarter701 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Dude, the slow rollout of Android 11 is not the fault of OnePlus. Google own Android. Certain phones get priority and it rolls out from there. This has always been the way. Older Pixel phones get the update because they're Google. This is how it works.

SteveCP and ianhandsup like this.
  2. hungugu
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2020

hungugu , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Serious battery drain issue. The phone is almost useless outdoor where charging is not possible as it can hardly last for 2-3 hours of non-heavy usage (normal browsing or IM, non-gaming or video playback).

"Media Storage" has been consuming A LOT of battery - is there a way to turn this off or solve the issue?

3. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2020

Tee_Eee_Bee , Sep 17, 2020 :
    The way it worked with my OnePlus 6T is that if you switch to the beta version, you would get an OTA of the latest open beta software when available. You needed to manually install the stable version (basically the same procedure for installing OB1) if you wanted to go back and receive OTA's for the stable version.

With the 6T, so long as the software (beta or stable version) you were installing had a newer build date than your current version, you could install without any data loss (always good practice to back up first, though, just in case). I could switch between beta and stable versions if I wanted to take advantage of features listed in the update log. The only time I experienced any need to wipe was if I downgraded from A10 to A9 on my 6T - just like downgrading from A11 to A10 for my 8 pro.

I wasn't in the first open beta for the 6T, so maybe we will get an OTA notice for the first stable version as well.

Deactivated User likes this.
  4. jamescarter701
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2020

Is anyone else experience colour changes when using the keyboard? My keyboard changes from a slate colour to kind of grey/indigo once I start to type. This colour change only occurs when typing, if I stop typing, it reverts back. Did not occur prior to the update.

5. k4ustu3h
    Froyo Sep 17, 2020

k4ustu3h , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 17, 2020 :
    It is because of the newly added variable refresh rate feature in Android 11. When you tap on the keyboard, the refresh rate changes to 60hz and with it the colors too. Many users have already reported this issue and I'm sure the devs are working on it.

6. jamescarter701
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2020

Great thank you! said:
    edit: just joined up today, I probably should have had a quick look about first. I jumped the gun! Apologies.

7. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Completely wrong..... You will only receive beta OTAs now that you have moved to the beta path, this is similar to other models including apple. Last year you could move to stable from Beta once (think it was around beta 5) without wiping your data.

Beta for OP7 series is now on beta 17 and you have to wipe your data to get back to stable.

8. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2020

9. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Sep 17, 2020 :
    Strange hasn't affected my L1 status at all, report it via the bug forum

10. Gowda.kakanna
    Eclair Sep 18, 2020

11. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 18, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 18, 2020 :
    You need to manually flash stable over the beta since you automatically will receive beta updates otherwise. Stable needs to be of a newer date than the installed beta or you need a rollback first that wipes the device.
    Flashing a stable over the beta it will wipe too.

12. Blacky26
    Donut Sep 18, 2020

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 18, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Did you check it only with Netflix or something else? If only Netflix try wiping data on Netflix. I came from DP4. Was L3. Then even in OB1. But wiping data of Netflix made it detect L1.

14. brmbjn
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

brmbjn , Sep 18, 2020 :
    are you locked bootloader?

15. AKON_94
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2020

16. Shahfaisalkhn
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

17. razorrahul1
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

18. ZachThaMac92
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2020

ZachThaMac92 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    I have already posted a question on here before but there's no telling what page it's on. So I'm sorry but I need to ask again. How does someone go about updating the sprint version of the oneplus 8 to android 11 beta? I don't have the option to manually install it through the local means that's stated here in this post.

19. A1546160817392
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2020