[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 8 Series

1. CosminOlteanu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2020

CosminOlteanu , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 21, 2020 :
    I've updated my oneplus 8 Pro 8gb 128gb to oxygen open beta and since than, Facebook conflict with messenger sometimes.. I'm in a conversation and if I try to press on other person picture to open the pop up doesn't do it. I need to close everything and it will work after.
    Getting Facebook and other apps freezing if it's on "heavy duty" tasks.

2. sonhawk
    Froyo Sep 21, 2020

sonhawk , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Here is the link to the sign-up page. https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/7685234?hl=en

But remember that this is beta software. I haven't run into any problems with it, but it is likely that there are issues. If they had already fixed all known problems, it wouldn't be beta.

One more point. If you are in this thread, you are probably looking at running a beta dialer on a beta OS. This will increase the chances of strange interactions and unexpected behaviors. We refer to these types of issues to as 'bugs'. If you see them, report them to both One Plus and Google. Mention them in appropriate discussion forums to help others, but don't complain or bemoan the lousy software. Running beta software on a beta OS is your informed decision, and so is nobody's fault but your own.

I mean none of this to scare you, only to point out that this is running in the rarified air of unreleased software. It can be fun, and it can be frustrating, but it's never boring.

On that note, I haven't personally had any issues with the dialer on any of the four phones I've tried it on. But then again, I'm a lousy tester because computers (and phones, tablets, etc) seem to love me, and I seldom experience problems that other people do.

Swejuggalo and JoseReyes69 like this.
  3. JoseReyes69
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2020

JoseReyes69 , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Joined and phone app works. Thanks

Swejuggalo likes this.
  4. gubro
    KitKat Sep 21, 2020

gubro , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Why don't you solve it yourself? Just download it.

5. Meowmixez98
    Eclair Sep 21, 2020

6. gubro
    KitKat Sep 21, 2020

gubro , Sep 21, 2020 :
    When it is ready.

7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 21, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 21, 2020 :
    BTW, seems like RCS works. A other feature is Messages for Web that allows to send and read all messeges on your computer.
    I don't use sms and mms much but... Fun additions anyway [e]1f609[/e]

8. Swejuggalo

Thanks for posting the link. I'm a beta junkie myself. A nice app for beta nerds.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.mirko.beta

Currently has a bug though... On my to do list over sending a bug rapport [e]1f609[/e]
    A nice way to get to know the betas available an get a notice when a free beta slot opens up.

9. Swejuggalo

Green, Blue, Black. But black only as 8GB and 128GB storage. Blue only as 12GB and 256GB storage. Atleast the last time I checked.
    Check Oneplus Store and stuff like Netonnet and Elgiganten. Any place that offers 256GB Black might be gray imports. So avoid that if you want to be sure you get an EU device. Basically avoid less known places with mysterious 500-1000 SEK cheaper phones.

10. Janne_Jansson
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2020

11. JoseReyes69
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2020

JoseReyes69 , Sep 21, 2020 :
    I have RCS but only with google messages, not the default messages app from Oneplus

12. O1568113000158 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 21, 2020 :
    What do you have

13. Swejuggalo

14. Pinghogan
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2020

Pinghogan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Hello I have downloaded the official open beta one for my 8 pro plus. I followed all the instructions but I cannot find it in my local update please help

15. gubro
    KitKat Sep 21, 2020

gubro , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Read back, this was answered a million times.

Thamsupp likes this.
  16. gubro
    KitKat Sep 21, 2020

gubro , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Is this the Nord section?

Thamsupp and SteveCP like this.