[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Samsakthi
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2021

Samsakthi , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Don't get excited on the new beta! Its just a security patch. No fix to underlying issues or no new exciting features. Just a snag screenshot in lockscreen is considered a massive newest one of its kind and the most awaited implementation for OnePlus

pavangovind and Shubh.A like this.
  2. pavangovind
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2021

3. DAWOODIBRAHIM
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2021

4. zelos156 , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Jun 17, 2021 :
    What fix u need? Tell me about this.

5. Samsakthi
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2021

Samsakthi , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 17, 2021 :
    I use op8pro as my secondary phone, means minimal apps. No Facebook, instagram, no games, only WhatsApp. I use this phone only to make calls and to send WhatsApp messages. Hardly I use this phone for about 2 to 2 and half hours a day. Battery lasts about 7 hours with 3 hours sot. Heats up a lot. And when it gets heats up battery drops fast. I had to factory reset it almost every week to have the device running. I have another OnePlus 8 (non pro), which also has the same problem but I use a lot of apps and games in it. It hardly gives a 3 hours sot and a 4 to 5 houra battery life. OnePlus 8 pro runs on beta and the non pro version runs stable. Both phones fingerprint sensor is not working most of the times. I had to use pattern to unlock. And there's more. Hope of OnePlus will fix issues is dropping with every beta update that's being released just for a name sake. This is the first and last OnePlus decision I've ever made. My next phone will never be OnePlus

6. Cicala
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021

Cicala , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Reading through the thread, wondering what all the fuss is about the One plus Device's❓ So far it's an amazing phone, learning so much. Purchased the 8pro in March of 2021. Have to say this is the first device in a long time that needed to read the manual, to educate myself about, all the features it is capable of. Being the only person in my circle of friends that has a one plus device, makes me the go to person. For questions about upgrading to 5g compatible devices. So impressed with it, have been trying to get others to upgrade. To the one plus 8pro. Turning 50 this year, upgraded my phone to have 5g. Made me realize it was a great investment especially for all the knowledge for newest technology being introduced. Friends can't give any advice where they're to afraid to learn about any newer technology.
    J

Peterxxx likes this.
  7. __wonder__boy
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2021

8. Alejandro R.
    Froyo Jun 20, 2021

Alejandro R. , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Its a problem with certain carriers. One Plus dont put in the device the parameters of the 5G net. You can do it manually and it works, but OnePlus seems not want to do it.

Im on a One Plus 8 Pro, its ridiculous because in the 9 Pro the same carrier works perfect in 5G.

Its a shame.

Chispas_elek likes this.
  9. Dimi Dimitrov
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Jun 20, 2021 :
    They maybe want to buy 9pro,and will have 5G.
    On Android 10 I had 5G options in phone after 11 none.
    My carrier,from this month already support 5G.
    So I must activate manual.

10. Shouvik1plus
    Froyo Jun 20, 2021

11. dadoudidouda
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021

12. Cicala
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021

Have 5g in Portsmouth NH. On a One plus 8pro

13. Cicala
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021

That's so weird. Have you spoken to your carrier about the problem?

14. Cicala
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021

Manually change it to 5g. Whole reason for upgrading to the One plus Device was solely for the 5g experience. Still learning all it's features. Happy to say no issues with that.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021

15. CD0
    Eclair Jun 21, 2021

CD0 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 21, 2021 :
    This latest beta has made a lot of apps unresponsive and there's a weird popping that's happening with animations.

Really considering a custom ROM. 1 year since I bought this phone and I've never felt settled with it. Well I guess that goes with the motto, doesn't it? Never settle. To be honest, I don't think this software will ever reach a stable state.

16. Chispas_elek
    Froyo Jun 21, 2021

Chispas_elek , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 21, 2021 :
    Probably

It is not understandable why a user can manually activate 5G in its own device making a direct modification of some carrier files and One Plus can't do it.

It seems not to be a hardware or band limitation, it just some files that are not added to have the required compatibility.

In fact, 5g of 8 series only works with 1 carrier in Spain :Vodaphone. The rest (Orange, O2, Movistar, Yoigo) do not work.

Probably we are facing a Scam from OP?

17. Cicala
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2021

Cicala , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jun 21, 2021 :
    Oh no, only have awesome things to say about the 1+ 8s Pro. Have you read the manual?
    The device has made it possible to multitask with ease. When switched to the One plus figured it would have a few bugs to work out. It was a lot of work to switch devices just for 5g service. In the end it's so worth it. Still learning about all the device has to offer. Be patient, 😇say that with experience. Feel like technology grew without me.
    Try reaching out to the One plus help center. Only if you haven't done that yet. They're awesome, very knowledgeable.
    Hope this helps
    Happy to assist
    J 🥇🕯️👑😇🌸🌺

18. CD0
    Eclair Jun 21, 2021

CD0 , Jun 21, 2021 :
    Are you on the OnePlus payroll? Forgive the question, but are you even on Beta software? From your previous posts, sounds like you haven't had the device for long, so not sure what experience you're talking about. Having had it for a year, I think I've been pretty patient. It has a lot of potential, sure, but the software just doesn't match the hardware capabilities. With the latest update, it's starting to feel like I'm using a phone which is 2+ years old and slowly starting a descent into retirement.

What I forgot to mention in my last post is huge battery drain and heating, particularly when watching videos. Is anyone else experiencing this with the latest Beta?