[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro

1. amankumars
    Froyo Feb 18, 2021

AbhiSinghchouhan likes this.
  2. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Feb 18, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Some got it OTA, while others didn't. I guess you have to download it manually at this point.

3. sameeh
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2021

sameeh , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Yeah fir some reasons some users didn't get the update
    You can try oxygen updater or XDA

4. StarWarsYodaBB
    Donut Feb 18, 2021

5. psykd420
    Donut Feb 18, 2021

6. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Feb 18, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Report it through the feedback section,if you haven't already,no developers read here

psykd420 likes this.
  7. M1582879989198
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2021

LordTalos likes this.
  8. LordTalos
    Donut Feb 18, 2021

LordTalos , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 18, 2021 :
    It's been 13 days since this post and i have yet to receive the OTA for Beta 2 ... Am i doing something wrong? should i flash i manually?

9. h1ghland3r , via OnePlus 7T Pro Haze Blue , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Download using Oxygen Updater. It's available on Play Store.

LordTalos likes this.
  10. LordTalos
    Donut Feb 18, 2021

Really ?? it even provides Beta build updates huh? .. well that's nice. Thanks a lot ^^

h1ghland3r likes this.
  11. LordTalos
    Donut Feb 18, 2021

Oh wow .. it actually worked .. it's so simple, i just finished downloading the package.

THIS IS GREAT !! How am i just hearing about this app XD

h1ghland3r likes this.
  12. JorgeBoscan
    Froyo Feb 18, 2021

JorgeBoscan , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Definitely my next phone will be a Samsung. How we are still in Android 10?

I bought Oneplus only because of the software updates, but now everything has changed...

Deactivated User, Katrick and tarkzy like this.
  13. Popkiss1045
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2021

Popkiss1045 , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 18, 2021 :
    OnePlus was known for its quick updates and now the situation is not same as before
    OnePlus7t didn't get a single major android update till now
    I know that there was some decryption issue but now OnePlus is not that brand as it was before they were focused only on their new products.
    After couple of months their new product likely to be called as OnePlus 9 series will be out and again same thing is going to be happen.
    My problem is OnePlus7t till now is the best overall good flagship phone of OnePlus.But OnePlus is not ready to improve camera quality , selfie camera have poorish or worst effect after capturing.
    Now some OnePlus fans or moderator will tell me to give suggestion or report bug but let me tell you I have already s done these things so many times but nothing happens.
    I was also a OnePlus fan because it was my first OnePlus device, but with time I understood that OnePlus strategy has changed and they lost the track.
    They are now giving macro cameras with flagship phones(exception pro series)
    Btw only OnePlus7t has telephoto
    Really I mean how can they give those things with flagship
    Anyways OnePlus7t as of today didn't have Oxygen os 11
    I'm not sure that OnePlus7t will going to 3 major updates
    as it will happen first time that a OnePlus flagship will not going to get 3 major updates
    OnePlus downfall already have started and all my friends who are using OnePlus latest phones have same thoughts as of mine.

B k, Katrick, gauthampaik and 3 others like this.
  14. tarkzy
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2021

tarkzy , Feb 18, 2021 :
    So very little for the OnePlus 7t because of broken decryption and loads for other devices that don't have this issue.
    Worst thing is they knew about the decryption issue a least a year before 🙄but still today refuse to fix it properly 😳

B k, Katrick and Abhishek029 like this.
  15. Abhishek029
    Froyo Feb 18, 2021

Abhishek029 , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Totally agree with your words, same scenario with my friends and me as well. I had a good budget that's why went for such Big renowned brand OnePlus, but seems I was wrong on my first choice itself ! I should have been buy an Pixel, instead of OnePlus. The latest software experience senierio is nothing near here, all my friends using 15-18k phones are getting android 11, still fan boys will shout out loud with STATS ! Bruh, being in development background I know what difficulties they might facing but one thing is also clear, if you put good number and knowledgeable person in team, it can do anything at anytime ! Seems OnePlus lacking here. Instead of focusing 1~1.5 yrs old handset they are again running for an new device. Like what I used to hear about this brand earlier from some of my friends is not correct now a days for sure !

B k and Katrick like this.
  16. Popkiss1045
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2021

Popkiss1045 , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 18, 2021 :
    OnePlus7t was my first flagship phone and having paid 39000 and getting these type of experience is not good.
    OnePlus7t was best overall phone of OnePlus.

Abhishek029 likes this.
  17. Abhishek029
    Froyo Feb 18, 2021

Abhishek029 , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Same here buddy :) I can feel this ! Really I also having almost zero complaint till today's stable built. Little bugs are Okish !! Almost everything is Ok but not getting latest OS, hurt a bit.

Though again fan boys will say go and get a life - insted of asking for update! 😪

Popkiss1045 likes this.
  18. SteFaNos123
    Froyo Feb 18, 2021

19. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Feb 18, 2021

ghostofcain , Feb 18, 2021 :
    No idea, it's.been mentioned on virtually every page of this thread.

OnePlus software update stance hasn't changed since 2017.

until 2017, maybe.

It launched with android 10, 11 was the first it could get.

Welcome to capitalism..

Until the OP8 was released.

If camera quality was important to you, why oh why buy a phone with such poor camera? If you buy a device expecting the manufacturers to make it substantially better after purchase, expect to be disappointed.

Because users are happy to buy the devices with that feature set.

Scroll up and re-read the title of this thread.

OnePlus provide software updates for TWO years, major android versions are released yearly the OP7T was never going to get 3 major updates.

I can't recall a OnePlus device that did receive 3 major updates, that's because I'm old and my brain plays tricks, both the OP3 and OP5 got 3 updates

Yet OnePlus are continuing to sell more phones year on year, maybe you and your friends aren't the target market?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021

ssagheer, rhyd1am, aaronpe and 2 others like this.