2. SandeshChinchapur
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2020

sivamani40 likes this.
  3. sivamani40
    Eclair May 20, 2020

4. Doombot23
    Eclair May 20, 2020

Doombot23 , via OnePlus 7 , May 20, 2020 :
    The beta channel is for testing purposes, meaning it will recieve new features and also have a lot more bugs hence there are more updates in the beta channel than in the stable channel as the stable channel is as the name suggests stable software which requires less updates and the beta channel as the name suggests is beta software which requires more updates, making 2 channels for software is a common practice and is useful for those who want to just have stable software and also for those that don't mind the bugs but want to try out new features like me. You should read the threads and try to understand things before going off in the comments about how OnePlus is bad and all.

Stop it.
    Get some help.

5. Pa1KumarM
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

VishalRaj and Josue Prens like this.
  6. Doombot23
    Eclair May 20, 2020

call records not recording. also not the 3 dot menu on the top of the app the 3 dot beside the numbers you have called and that have called you. the option is called call details.

7. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 20, 2020

JNiemi, akks and donPepitoGrillo like this.
  8. donPepitoGrillo

donPepitoGrillo , May 20, 2020 :
    Pleople don't want to understand how the world works, they only want to complain

Doombot23 likes this.
  9. akks
    KitKat May 20, 2020

akks , May 20, 2020 :
    Haha... Exactly same here

JNiemi, Doombot23 and Swejuggalo like this.

10. Doombot23 likes this.
  11. Savio
    Donut May 20, 2020

Savio , via OnePlus 7 , May 20, 2020 :
    I am well aware of what stable and beta channels mean. No need to explain it. I see that you have understood nothing of the message I wrote and your answer is absolutely useless. Two people think like me as you see. I politely expressed my opinion and I repeat I only said that they could update the security patches monthly and leave the new features in beta. It seems that they are more interested in the beta than the stable one. I have the patches of March and we are almost in June while those who have the beta have patches of May. Is it normal? Not for me. I think security patches are important otherwise why google should release it every month!? Anyway only a bit of disappointment... No serious problems

Doombot23 likes this.
  12. O1568939192563
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

13. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 20, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 20, 2020 :
    While some variation exists of various reasons, stable is 1 update per 1-2 months. Beta is 1 per 2 weeks or up to 2 per month.

While I do believe we need a change on how stable rolls out, betas will always comes more often.
    The change I suggest for stable is monthly security updates even if that would mean less new features and make stable more "dull", and sometimes ONLY security, but in long term more stable. After all if features and changes are important... Use beta. As simple as that.

14. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 20, 2020

If on stable (via local upgrade).

OnePlus[e]2122[/e]
    Everything OnePlus #NeverSettle

Not endorsed by OnePlus
    https://t.me/OnePlus

(open up with Telegram app)

Or

Oxygen Updater (not an official app)

Or

OnePlus homepage (usually late to update links)

Will wipe if you regret it and want to go back to stable.

15. donPepitoGrillo

donPepitoGrillo , May 20, 2020 :
    I agree with you in some way but you have to understand that adding a security patch has to be tested in the same way as other features.

But I think that OnePlus should at least release security patchs more frecuently.

Doombot23 likes this.
  16. Doombot23
    Eclair May 20, 2020

Ah my bad then it seems I did not understand what you wrote properly. I'm sorry for that. Now as you said my comment was useless I'm here to point out that the beta is in fact paid more attention because the beta software needs that attention. and as far as security patches go you'll be fine even if you have last year's October patch as most manufacturers do not provide security patches on time apart from a few companies and as someone pointed out before me the security patches need to be tested with OOS so the patches take time. Google needs to provide security patches to keep the android open source project secure as it's an open source platform. You shouldn't be worried about security patches that much as I'm sure the next stable update is right around the corner and if your device were to be compromised it would be by an app you installed from shady sources and not the play store so don't do that till you get the latest patch.

Also in your first comment you said that the stable should have more security patches or rather more frequent security patch updates and keep the features for the beta but this way of doing things will also lead to people up in arms about how OnePlus is not giving enough feature updates to the stable, one more thing, you also said in your first comment that the stable channel should be given more attention a statement which to me sounds stupid and I don't mean to offend you but if you are offended well...I'm sorry, back to why this is not the way if something is stable be it software or a car or a human you do not give it all your attention as it is stable and is less likely to break or not function properly whereas when something is in the beta stage it will not function correctly in many occassions hence it needs the increased attention not the other way.

Last edited: May 20, 2020

naikjeevan likes this.
  17. YAJIV4VIJAY
    Donut May 20, 2020

YAJIV4VIJAY , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 20, 2020 :
    I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT REASON BUT, one check with the optimised charging option in the settings. It might knowingly alter your charging speeds depending on your phone usage.
    If it still continues to charge like that afterwards, then report it to the team.

Doombot23 likes this.
  18. StopItRawr

StopItRawr , May 20, 2020 :
    At least you have that option.

As always, the OP 7 Pro 5G is completely ignored, despite the fact that it should now be as easy to update as the rest as the supposed issues with the 5G modem are fixed.

Nice to see that was of course, total bull.

19. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 20, 2020

Most often charge speed is the result of ambiant temperature, battery drain caused but running apps, heat created by running apps and heat created by the actual charge.
    Since the actual charge is restricted and limited by battery temperature and slowed down by the actual drainage the user could benefit of looking at the battery stats. If something uses extra much battery of some reason (usually does to some extent before phone has optimized and settled in after an update).They could reset the possible app that has gone nuts or simply let the phone fully charge once or twice (not instantly disconnecting at 100% or charge only to 80%).
    If the user also have wiped caches and stuff the phone may need some extra time to rebuild the caches. And that can also be a factor that matter the first time after an update.
    Heat does not come for no reason at all. Something has to create the heat. If that is the sun, charger, SoC or a combination we can't really say simply by checking the time it takes to 100%.
    According to the description optimized charging minimizes the time the battery stays at 100% keeping at 80% the bigger part of the night when your sleeping pattern has been detected. It says nothing about the actual charge speed.