[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS Open Beta 14 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7

1. Scorpiosunset
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

2. Jay2020
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2020

Jay2020 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 30, 2020 :
    RainGater

I have OP 7 and yours is a pro. Maybe we need to wait for someone to post whether it works for them too on OP 7. It wasn't working in OB 13 for sure.

REPLY:
    I wonder if we had a thread for each individual phone; Rather than both 7/7Pro as one thread, if we might get better feedback from each other? Because we would be experiencing the same software on the same phone? If I remember correctly, the 7 Pro thread started off that way, then the thread merged with the 7.

Last edited: May 30, 2020

3. KathiravanJLR
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

KathiravanJLR , May 30, 2020 :
    Guys in open beta 14 does the oneplus 7 has amoled dark mode for notification panel instead of dark grey?

4. krishigandhi
    Donut May 30, 2020

krishigandhi , via OnePlus 7 , May 30, 2020 :
    I've updated to open beta 14 and after the update the tap to show ambient display is now only working sometimes and sometimes it doesn't work at all!!

5. krishigandhi
    Donut May 30, 2020

KathiravanJLR likes this.
  6. KathiravanJLR
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

krishigandhi likes this.
  7. krishigandhi
    Donut May 30, 2020

KathiravanJLR

any way to get it?​

No there is no way to do so
    May be you can do it by downloading some third party apps from the playstore and configure the entire notification pannel
    You can also do by rooting I guess...

KathiravanJLR likes this.
  8. Dendedanamekian
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

Dendedanamekian , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 30, 2020 :
    it's to activate Google assistant. it's a gesture. swipe up from either corner where the lines are and they will slide down to the bottom middle and connect, then Google assistant will pop up.

moskito99 likes this.
  9. RainGater
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

RainGater , May 30, 2020 :
    Thanks for confirming that it doesn't work for OP 7. It wasn't working in OB 13 as well. Wonder why OP releases a new update without even fixing the previous issues?

I reported the issue before and I guess it went unnoticed.

There is no point in adding new features when the existing ones don't work. Bummer!

Jay2020 and krishigandhi like this.
  10. krishigandhi
    Donut May 30, 2020

RainGater

Thanks for confirming that it doesn't work for OP 7. It wasn't working in OB 13 as well. Wonder why OP releases a new update without even fixing the previous issues?

I reported the issue before and I guess it went unnoticed.

There is no point in adding new features when the existing ones don't work. Bummer!​

Yess exactly but there is no way apparently to fix it right?

11. RainGater
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

Yes, I like separate threads instead of confusing users of what device is being discussed. Since these devices have unique features and different ROMs, it's better to have separate threads to avoid unnecessary chatter.

After all, creating another thread is not a big deal. XDA has a separate forum for each device and here, OP clubs these devices together!

Jay2020 likes this.
  12. RainGater
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

Unfortunately NO! Since I use that feature a lot as I don't want to keep pressing the power button to see whether there are any missed calls/messages, I went back to stable and all is good.

In 10.3.2, the pickup to show and single/double tap to wake works every single time!

Jay2020 likes this.
  13. krishigandhi
    Donut May 30, 2020

But to again go to the stabel chanel our phone gets totally format

14. Jay2020

Jay2020 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 30, 2020 :
    Well, day two on the latest Open Beta 14 ( full Update 2.18GB - cleared Recovery Cache ); OnePlus 7 Pro, so far I'm not having any issues; battery and performance is really good. everything responds as it should.
    1590851921702.jpg

15. RainGater
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

Yes, data is toast. I unlocked the bootloader + have TWRP/Magisk installed. Whenever I need to switch, I do the following:

1. Backup using Migrate app + OnePlus Switch backup of settings only.

2. Format the device in TWRP and flash the stable version + Magisk, etc. Flash the Migrate backup as well.

3. After it boots, I restore the backup of OnePlus Switch settings only + Migrate helper app will restore all the apps.

After all this, still have to spend an hour or so to customize it. But, it's worth it, IMHO!

For now, I am staying on the stable channel until OP gets its act together and fix the single/double tap to wake feature!

16. krishigandhi
    Donut May 30, 2020

Okay Thanks btw [e]1f60a[/e]

17. harshalpohare5
    Froyo May 30, 2020

harshalpohare5 , May 30, 2020 :
    Hi everyone.
    Since Beta 13 for my OP7 I found that when I leave the device untouched for long and then try to Double Tap to wake it up, it doesn't work. The same is happening in Beta 14 as well. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Also, the update said "Lockscreen Clocks" but, I see these Clocks are rather applied and visible on "Ambient Display"
    1590853315587.jpg
    rather than on the "Lock Screen"
    1590853315622.jpg

Is the issue same for everyone?
    I don't see any sense on the Clocks being different at Lock Screen and Ambient Display

18. Jay2020

19. KathiravanJLR
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

KathiravanJLR , via OnePlus 7 , May 30, 2020 :
    is the notification panel is amoled dark black or usual dark grey?

20. Vickie gowda
    Froyo May 30, 2020

Vickie gowda , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 30, 2020 :
    I'm on latest stable 10.3.3 ,but now I wanted to switch to beta channel so I downloaded open beta 14 from OnePlus download page n placed it inside internal storage .........now wen I'm trying to install d open beta 14 itz showing selected package is lower dan current version so wat shud i do now to get to beta channel?