[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS Open Beta 14 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7

1. Artemus.
    Nougat May 31, 2020

Artemus. , May 31, 2020 :
    Native call recording (what this feature is for) is only available in India with an Indian SIM.

2. BuxtonLad
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

BuxtonLad , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 31, 2020 :

Artemus.

Native call recording (what this feature is for) is only available in India with an Indian SIM.​

no it's not! I'm here in the uk. my op7 pro records the call no problem. I just can't access it within the dialer history.

I had the function available to me before until I had to reset my phone.

3. Artemus.
    Nougat May 31, 2020

Artemus. , May 31, 2020 :
    I'm pretty sure it is. Are you using the stock dialer to record or a third-party call recorder?

4. BuxtonLad
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

yes. stock app. im running beta 14. I'm going to install the stable software and then reinstall beta.

5. naikjeevan
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

naikjeevan , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 31, 2020 :
    no drop or any physical/liquid damage.. have also completely reset my phone no use.. I even rolled back to pie & back to OP14.. the issue is still there..

I guess the only option is to go to the service center, once the current global situation is settled. Till then I have to get along with this.

6. AbhishekDuragkar
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

7. BuxtonLad
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

ok. I installed 10.0.6 stable on my op7 pro. then went to upgrade to beta 14 but system update telling me the beta is older than 10.0.6 and will not install? do I now have to wait for beta 15 before I can go to beta again?

8. Nonochiken47
    Froyo May 31, 2020

Nonochiken47 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 31, 2020 :
    Yes you have to wait beta 15

9. BuxtonLad
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

10. YBNPRASAD
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

11. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator May 31, 2020

Cervantes , May 31, 2020 :
    Hi
    You are in beta rom You only receive beta OTA

12. Jay2020
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 31, 2020

Jay2020 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 31, 2020 :
    After a Factory Reset, that should have taken care of it. It looks like your phone has a hardware issue and needs to be serviced.

13. naikjeevan
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

naikjeevan , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 31, 2020 :
    Maybe.. I face this issue only in the settings app, sometimes noticable in instagram & rarely in playstore (depending on the app icon, especially if it has super dark background).

I guess I only face this issue if there is a amoled black in the application. since amoled black turns of the pixel if it's black, maybe it's having problem turning on & off..
    Not sure guess have to get it checked.

14. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 31, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 31, 2020 :
    This is a limitation of amoled/oleds and has been complaints on that like forever. It's more visible the lower brightness you have and most visible with gray on pure black background. One of the reasons dark modes often avoid pure black. The effect can be similar to say that Gray To Gray (GTG) delay becomes to so long that you start to see it.
    We need to get a new screen technology to get away from this completely. You can basically check any oled type on any phone and you can replicate it with pure black and gray objects moving in low brightness. For example near identical delay on an Samsung S10+ (yeah... Wife forces me to see a Samsung in the appartment 😋)

naikjeevan likes this.
  15. Jay2020

could be the screen that is the hardware issue a After a factory reset every phone setting is back to new phone settings. Have yo checked your apps that you're installing on your phone? You could be reinstalling one app that is a very bad app back on this new reset system.

Try rebooting into Safe Mode if the problem is still there in Safe Mode then it is a hardware issue, if the problem is not there in Safe Mode definitely a 3rd party app causing the problem and you will need to reboot and then find the bad app causing the problem and uninstall it.

https://www.androidexplained.com/oneplus-7-safe-mode/

naikjeevan likes this.
  16. Jay2020

This might be an interesting thread for you to read. Since I can't see your screen its hard to visualize exactly what you are seeing. Maybe there is something in the thread that might be common to your situation.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/screen-burn-in.1157101/

naikjeevan likes this.
  17. Jay2020

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2020

18. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 31, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 31, 2020 :
    Search "oled black smear" on YouTube and you see what he means. Above 50% brightness it's more or less gone. The darker you go the more you get.. Even the self announced "GOD of phones" has these issues on their oled variants 😋
    Look at the border between black and gray

Jay2020 likes this.
  19. O1578234034326
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

20. vriesdejoop

vriesdejoop , May 31, 2020 :
    and you wonder why, even if you give the answer yourselve..... :confused:o_O You really don't have a clue what you are doing or talking about....:(