[SURVEY INSIDE] OxygenOS Open Beta 15 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7

1. Murti52
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2020

Murti52 , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 12, 2020 :
    it would had been better if they would had included the one plus wireless z compatibility that they did with the stable. but it's okay. hoping for it to be added in the next beta. thanks for the update [e]1f44f[/e][e]1f44f[/e]

2. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2020

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Bro you think I m a noob?

3. abqnm666
    Eclair Jun 12, 2020

abqnm666 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Arrgh! Been desperately awaiting its return for months now (it was perfect the first time, so I don't know why it was removed for so many betas), but I digress.

Please, PLEASE, make sure it's included the next time, as it's desperately needed. it was so easy to use and the best way to deal with tall screens I've yet encountered.

I do very much appreciate the dark mode toggle (finally!) in quick settings, as that's really convenient. How about a few new icon shapes and maybe some OnePlus icon packs for next time? Seems like we've been missing out on a lot lately.

Oh, and if there's any way to resolve the fact that I still can't make calls without using a headset or speakerphone unless I want the person on the other end to have a crazy echo of themselves played back after everything they say. It's been an issue only since Android 10, both stable and the betas, so I really hope that gets fixed soon, because it's quite frustrating.

Also, how can I get a replacement Warp Charge 30 charger brick? My less than 1 year old warp charger 30 just flat out died the other day, and I can't easily find how to get warranty replacements for included OEM accessories. Cables are good, and work on my backup, but not the one that came with my phone from last fall.

4. Ajsat3801
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

Ajsat3801 , Jun 12, 2020 :
    what is the problem you're facing with third party launchers? I'm waiting to see if there are any problems before flashing..

5. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

JNiemi and Artemus. like this.
  6. Ajsat3801
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

I havent had any problems with Bluetooth headets... I use them for call almost everyday...I currently use 10.3.3 and am waiting to see if there are any problems in this build

regarding your charger did you try this OnePlus care app? I remember seeing a repairs section there...

7. Raveendran v
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

Raveendran v , Jun 12, 2020 :
    What should I give in oxygen updater to get this
    1) Incremental
    2) open beta Incremental
    3) open beta full
    4) full update

8. CHETHANGV2
    Froyo Jun 12, 2020

CHETHANGV2 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    OnePlus is not low range. we invested in midrange it provide quality of OS updates

9. Ajsat3801
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

if you're in stable you have to use open beta full you also have to enable advanced mode. else open beta incremental

10. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jun 12, 2020 :
    It's beta thread, stop being childish.

rpkkiran and Artemus. like this.
  11. Ajsat3801
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

I guess we should stop these rants about OnePlus and their software updates and use this thread for what it's actually supposed to be used for

12. Raveendran v
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

Raveendran v , Jun 12, 2020 :
    What's the difference of open incremental and open full ?
    After updating in oxygen updater, did I get OTA update in setting page

13. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jun 12, 2020 :
    If you ask that, stay on stable pls

14. Ajsat3801
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

open incremental is nothing but an ota... while full is the complete rom package which we can use to install even if some other rom was previously installed.. basically incremental will build over the existing system while full will build from scratch... however you will not lose any data in both cases

Raveendran v likes this.
  15. abqnm666
    Eclair Jun 12, 2020

abqnm666 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    The only time I don't have issues is when using a headset or speakerphone. The problem is when I use the phone normally, everyone complains they have a massive echo of themselves in the earpiece. Turning on speaker or using a headset is fine. And yes, I've been through all the factory reset deal, multiple times, and it happens with different SIMs on different networks, so it's not the network. It's the phone, almost like the noise canceling mic at the top is being used for voice pickup, so it's picking up the sound from the earpiece.

16. jagdish servi
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

Aryan_Bhatt98 and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  17. RainGater
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

RainGater , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Let me throw in my 2 cents FWIW.

OB 15 is solid on OP 7 and the tap to show, DTW, etc. all seemed to be fixed. Thank you OP as I didn't want to update the feature_list file to get it. ;)

For the whiners, keep on whining if some feature is left out or not as NO ONE can please everyone. OP is trying and all kudos to them. If you have ever used a Sammy or LG, you will know that they take their own sweet time to release updates. And, if you have to unlock the bootloader on Sammy, you can even land in Mars but cannot unlock it. OTOH, OP is so easy a caveman can do it. ;)

And, I use Nova/Prime launcher and it works pretty well as I don't know why someone mentioned that the third party launchers are not working. Don't know why anyone would use the stock launcher if you have ever used Nova as the features are mind-boggling and sky is the limit. Nova/Prime is the first app that I always install whenever I flash a new ROM, FWIW.

For me, even though I flashed only couple of hours ago, OB 15 seems solid and pretty happy about it.

EDIT: After playing around for couple of hours, I see that DTW and tap to show is NOT working. Bummer!

I updated the feature_list file now and it works. Pocket Mode is disabled now. Power of root. ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020

18. jagdish servi
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

jagdish servi , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Jun 12, 2020 :
    It's cleary says try this at your own potential risk .
    1591981672225.jpg

19. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2020

20. Aryan_Bhatt98
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2020