[survey inside] OxygenOS Open Beta 17 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 6T

1. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 3, 2019

B_Wrath , May 3, 2019 :
    See. Again reverting to type. Just because someone doesn't agree with your thought process, they are fanboys? That logic never ceases to amaze me.

ngydat likes this.
  2. J1550092704643
    Froyo May 3, 2019

3. zoran81
    Jelly Bean May 3, 2019

zoran81 , May 3, 2019 :
    I found that the PRO mode gives way better results than night mode. If you know how to use it of course.

ironass likes this.
  4. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 3, 2019

B_Wrath , May 3, 2019 :
    You are just repeating yourself like a parrot. Think of something new. It's getting boring.

And a guy who is unable to properly quote a post is talking about inability.

You know what? I thought there will be a decent conversation on the level of development of beta features and why most of them are not available on the stable build. But looking at the level of your comprehension and the lack of maturity to have a decent conversation, I don't think it is possible.
    I'm not dragging this thread any more off topic.

ade0410 likes this.
  5. J1550092704643
    Froyo May 3, 2019

6. Arvind9118
    Froyo May 3, 2019

7. Saenz4931
    Honeycomb May 3, 2019

Saenz4931 , May 3, 2019 :
    To start, if you drink don't write, it's very hard to understand. You seem very frustrated as things don't go your way. But sorry, that's how life work.
    We understand your frustrations but doesn't mean we have to take your anger to the company,. life is about choices so you can actually opt for a different OEMs that can suit your desires, and needs. Or you can obt for a custom ROM.

thank you for your understanding.

8. ArtuCer
    Gingerbread May 3, 2019

ArtuCer , May 3, 2019 :
    Never

ade0410 likes this.
  9. saikiranreddys
    Eclair May 3, 2019

rlramakrishnan likes this.
  10. rlramakrishnan
    Gingerbread May 3, 2019

ironass and saikiranreddys like this.
  11. efks
    Gingerbread May 3, 2019

Attached Files:

12. Bikash1989
    Eclair May 3, 2019

13. NodePoint
    Froyo May 3, 2019

NodePoint , May 3, 2019 :
    There's also the "OnePlus Roaming" feature (found in the network settings) that I find to be a concern. Looks like it could be useful but it's not really necessary so it could be considered bloatware. What it asks for sounds reasonable. However, not sure if I should trust the company behind it with IMEI(s) and names of carrier(s) considering the laws of where they reside.
    Both clearly informs the user where the data would be sent to, so we can at least appreciate the transparency.

14. J1550092704643
    Froyo May 3, 2019

15. vriesdejoop
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2019

vriesdejoop , May 3, 2019 :
    yes you are right.. . another one..... for my ignore list. as you are incapable of writing one decent post.

zoran81 likes this.
  16. ironass
    KitKat May 3, 2019

ironass , May 3, 2019 :
    Cheers @Yannis Neris!

You are rapidly turning me into an alcoholic. I buy you a drink for your help and because you're not here... I drink it in your honour. Hic!

That magisk module seems to be the perfect solution and I have d/l it already.

However, in the 3 days that I have been on this latest build with ZRAM enabled, I have noticed none of the lags or battery drain that were a big feature of the earlier 3 releases and prompted me to disable it. In fact, from my own observations and readings, I am getting my usual fast scrolling, no lags and my normal battery life, SoT 8+ hours and circa 28 hours battery.

As you know, with your input and @HarryRag's, I had put together a strong case, I thought, for losing ZRAM and was about to send my feedback in to OnePlus but after this release I am not so sure. Previously, to combat the lags, I had reduced my animations down to 0.5 but yesterday, to test, I moved back to 1.0 and everything is fine. I think I will spend another 4 days or so with ZRAM enabled and then use the module and disable it for the second week. "Perhaps", OnePlus have now optimised ZRAM and implemented it better in OB9... we shall see.

If you or @HarryRag have not yet disabled ZRAM, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts over the coming days. I seem to see an increase, overall, in both my RAM and ZRAM usage, see screenshot...

[​IMG]

Another thing @Yannis Neris... why on earth did you change your Hulk avatar? I had just got used to scrolling through to look for that... the same way that I do for the rest of the usual suspects on here. :confused:

17. kinghaloman
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2019

kinghaloman , May 3, 2019 :
    Does someone have the full zip of open beta 17? They haven't updated their website.

18. NodePoint
    Froyo May 3, 2019

NodePoint , May 3, 2019 :
    Post #4 in this thread (#5 if not using the community app).

kinghaloman and ironass like this.
  19. ash6954
    Cupcake May 3, 2019

ash6954 , May 3, 2019 :
    when call running and another call on waiting cant pick up another call

20. SaiSandeep2410
    Donut May 3, 2019

SaiSandeep2410 , May 3, 2019 :
    the new update missed few things from last update .
    no vibration for finger print sensor
    no vibration for call disconnect .
    please bring it back