[survey inside] OxygenOS Open Beta 17 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 6T

1. siluetaz Cupcake May 4, 2019

siluetaz, May 4, 2019 :
    Download third party app for that wouldn't be a problem, but AFAIK because of security issues you loose ability to unlock your phone with fingerprint which is a huge downside for me.. And putting some untrusty third part app as your phone administrator app as it needs those permissions.
    Also while i understand what you mean, i wouldn't call always on ambient display a bloatware, neither a small cosmetic feature. Also it's a standart feature in most phones. If you keep your phone on a table and just want to check what time is it or your battery level etc. even what kind of notification specifically you've got (say your led is blinking, telling you've got some notification but you're busy and, say, it's only interesting for you if it's an email, but not messenger or vice versa etc.) it's very convenient.

2. NilanjanPaul Gingerbread May 4, 2019

NilanjanPaul, May 4, 2019 :
    just pick the phone up, u won't need to tap even, the ambient display lights up showing u time, date, notifications etc. u need to see at a quick glance whereas rest of the time it stays off preserving ur battery on the go. AOD would suck up ur battery a lot, and if u r sort of a heavy user u won't be able to last a day beafore needing to charge up, the Dash charger is a blessing but its not always convenient to charge ur phone as such with people who have jobs which require travelling a lot.

drl431 likes this.
  3. siluetaz Cupcake May 4, 2019

siluetaz, May 4, 2019 :
    Well yes, lift up display & notification led are a good way around instead of using always on display (though still not as good and effortless) and i think it's time to end this discussion. All i want to say is that i have had phones before with lcd displays and always on display function and it never was an issue battery wise, atleast for me.

4. GMitra Gingerbread May 4, 2019

5. NilanjanPaul Gingerbread May 4, 2019

ya this discussion would be just a waste of time, but I don't think lcd displays can have the AOD function, for that u would need an OLED panel and yes samsung phones with Amoled panels do have the AOD by default but such are the choices the companies make on their behalf and we as users got to move on with what we get.

6. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 4, 2019

B_Wrath, May 4, 2019 :
    I don't know how many times will this question be asked!
    Can't you just read before posting this nonsense!?

ironass and fidus62 like this.
  7. NilanjanPaul Gingerbread May 4, 2019

not all beta features make their way to the stable.....still let's see

8. GMitra Gingerbread May 4, 2019

GMitra, May 4, 2019 :
    @ B_Wrath,
    listen, if u don't like to answer then ignore....
    talk like that with yr family, not with me....
    if u don't know how to talk to people, then go and learn first
    IF U DON'T HAVE ANSWER, THEN DON'T REPLY USELESSLY

Gauti31 likes this.
  9. fidus62 Ice Cream Sandwich May 4, 2019

fidus62, May 4, 2019 :
    That‘s a bullshit post....

zoran81 and B_Wrath like this.
  10. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 4, 2019

B_Wrath, May 4, 2019 :
    Before running off your mouth, at least learn to tag a person properly.
    And go waste time of your family by asking useless questions repeatedly. Don't waste our time here. Follow the forum rules.

fidus62 and zoran81 like this.
  11. NodePoint Froyo May 4, 2019

NodePoint, May 4, 2019 :
    Not all changes make it to the stable release.
    There has to be feedback from the community regarding the changes made, which helps determine if they should further work on a feature or just get rid of it in a future release.
    OnePlus could've been more transparent about the changes made such as the addition of ZRAM. Especially considering the community releases are more for technical users.
    Currently, I've noticed that ZRAM has issues regarding some lag and the new rotation transition can.. well.. best to illustrate.
    1556970098885.jpg

Attached Files:

12. GMitra Gingerbread May 4, 2019

GMitra, May 4, 2019 :

B_Wrath

Before running off your mouth, at least learn to tag a person properly.
    And go waste time of your family by asking useless questions repeatedly. Don't waste our time here. Follow the forum rules.​

ya ya ok....
    if u don't know how to behave,
    then KEEP YR MOUTH SHUT

13. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 4, 2019

B_Wrath, May 4, 2019 :
    This coming from a person who misbehaved by asking a repeated, pointless and off-topic question without any regards for etiquettes and forum rules.
    Don't you see the irony?

14. GMitra Gingerbread May 4, 2019

GMitra, May 4, 2019 :
    u don't have "etiquettes", not me,
    U used curse words like "nonsense" and all
    who will read the whole forum before posting anything,

15. NodePoint Froyo May 4, 2019

NodePoint, May 4, 2019 :
    The community guidelines weren't wrong.
    1556971364398.jpg
    But for real, we'd much prefer if there wasn't all this unnecessary arguing. Please make use of the search feature if you have a question, as chances are it was asked before.

B_Wrath likes this.
  16. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 4, 2019

B_Wrath, May 4, 2019 :
    This.
    You are supposed to search before posting. You agreed to these rules when you signed up. Honor your agreement.

17. Kerngehirn3 Honeycomb May 4, 2019

Kerngehirn3, May 4, 2019 :
    I don't

18. buraksy Donut May 4, 2019

Last edited: May 4, 2019

19. ironass KitKat May 4, 2019

zoran81 and Predict23 like this.
  20. buraksy Donut May 4, 2019

buraksy, May 4, 2019 :
    Oops sorry i meant open beta 9. Seems i am reading too much stuff about op7

NodePoint and ironass like this.