Survey Time !! Mobile Gaming

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member May 10, 2019

Manu J. , May 10, 2019 :
    Hey everyone,

It's survey time again and this one is specifically for those who use your devices for gaming. We want to learn more about your experience when playing games on OnePlus devices and see how we can improve this experience.

If you wish to give us your feedback, please start by clicking this [LINK].

Thank you for contributing to a better OnePlus Experience.

Never Settle

2. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat May 10, 2019

3. razzor228
    Gingerbread May 10, 2019

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert May 10, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 10, 2019 :
    What, specifically? ;)

5. GopalB.
    Nougat May 10, 2019

GopalB. , May 10, 2019 :
    I have games that I don't play... Should I share my feedback as well... :p

6. Saliou
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 10, 2019

7. GopalB.
    Nougat May 10, 2019

GopalB. , May 10, 2019 :
    Like using the phone with playstation so that you can play Fifa on phone... [​IMG]

8. YRJ
    Lollipop May 10, 2019

YRJ , May 10, 2019 :
    I am happy with the experience and how it currently is TBH!

So that's a good thing ;)

buntycubal, SlyAwuah and Saliou like this.
  9. razzor228
    Gingerbread May 10, 2019

razzor228 , May 10, 2019 :
    On my 5 i keep getting notifications with Gaming mode on and the buttons are also active. Most times it just quits if my hand touches the home button or the capacitive buttons.

10. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat May 10, 2019

idkwhoiam322 , May 10, 2019 :
    One a more serious note, it would be nice if launching a big game like PUBG or Fortnite didn't kill every single other app on the phone. Or leaving and coming back to the game 15 minutes later and have it start over.^^
    Basically, fix RAM Management please.

11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 10, 2019

G_plusone , May 10, 2019 :
    That would be a bit complicated especially with Gaming mode

12. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 10, 2019

13. camohan

camohan , May 10, 2019 :
    Or a spam bot pre-installed who can play for the user and kill all the targets?

buntycubal, Shivang Joshi and B_Wrath like this.
  14. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 10, 2019

B_Wrath , May 10, 2019 :
    Honestly, the questionnaire felt more like it was meant for developing a game app store rather than improving the gaming experience.
    If that's the case, then Oneplus is going very far from it's core philosophies.

15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 10, 2019

Yes it does :p
    True why do they need Salary information? :rolleyes:

16. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator May 10, 2019

Gaston NP , May 10, 2019 :
    Done.

buntycubal, Shivang Joshi and Saliou like this.
  17. JalananFreak
    Gingerbread May 10, 2019

JalananFreak , May 10, 2019 :
    but i do have suggestions to the "gaming mode is turned on" pop up . i think its too big and sometimes block things.
    like i enabled it in youtube but it blocked the search button.

so instead maybe just "Gaming Mode" and the "more settings" to just logo of the settings that anyone know.

just my opinion tho
    1557481571659.jpg

18. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean May 10, 2019

MarkLR , May 10, 2019 :
    Gaming on phones is a meme. As a hardcore gamer since I was 10 (I'm 30 now), I consider mobile gaming an absolute shitshow. The games are derivative at best, flat out broken and filled with malware at worst. Pale imitations of successful console or PC games, infested with pay2win, ads, notifications, and so on. Most of these games seem designed by a team of psychologists to leverage as many hooking\addictive behaviors as possible from the player, with random rewards that remind me on why people get hooked on slot machines, rewards for watching ads, rewards for playing every day, it's just awful, and on top of that they incite you to spend money to win. Mobile gaming is a cancer on the gaming industry and I wish it would crack, crash and burn as soon as possible like it happened back when the Atari 2600 was a thing. See the parallels between the Atari and the mobile game plague of today, a deluge of broken, shitty shovelware that completely eclipses anything that resembles a decent game.

Please do yourself a favour if you want portable gaming buy a Nintendo Switch. Video gaming on phones is complete and utter trash.

By the way, when I started with smartphones I used them to play games quite a bit, I preferred puzzle games, my favourites were Where's My Water, Cut the Rope, Trainyard (this one is really good), Tetris (this one is pay2win and watch-ads-to-win but you can just accept losing and block internet access with the Firewall included in OnePlus phones and not watch any ads), and some runners like Wind Up Knight (this one is pay2win but you can beat it to 100% with skill) and Temple Run. Now I just keep Tetris because I am addicted to it, I also play it at work during downtime (I use a freeware clone called NullPoMino on my PC) and the Nintendo DS emulator.

Last edited: May 10, 2019

19. camohan

camohan , May 10, 2019 :
    Yeah it does actually. They need salary information to probably gauge rate of disguised employment in world.. It's optional anyways.

This is probably the lengthies form I ever completed.

Shivang Joshi and G_plusone like this.
  20. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 10, 2019

They could just ask Are you Employed? o_O

Shivang Joshi likes this.