Survey Time! OnePlus 7 series software experience

1. bagpiper
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2021 at 2:56 PM

2. Dinpai7
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2021 at 3:10 PM

Dinpai7 , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:10 PM :
    Not the old OnePlus that people chose for its best software and fast and frequent and software support for longer duration even for old phones.

Pathetic software updates.
    No timely updates.
    No major features.
    No care for bugs reported by users.
    No transparency in software updates and constant delay.

OnePlus 7 series is most neglected phone i believe in history of OnePlus in terms of software support

hirendamor13 and vossti like this.
  3. Sahil24c
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 3:15 PM

4. Sahil24c
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 3:16 PM

5. Sahil24c
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 3:17 PM

Sahil24c , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:17 PM :
    I share the same thoughts.

hirendamor13 and bagpiper like this.
  6. Sahil24c
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 3:19 PM

Sahil24c , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:19 PM :
    Oneplus is gravely mistaken if they think spoiling old oneplus phone will force customers to buy new oneplus phones. People are not stupid and trust once lost can never be won back. People will simply switch to other brands like Samsung. Atleast they care about their customers.

7. Sahil24c
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 3:21 PM

Sahil24c , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:21 PM :
    Wow... I just found everything that was wrong with my phone in your post here. I suffer everything that you have mentioned here. Never settle for Oneplus!

Adi Crisan likes this.
  8. pillainatural
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 3:23 PM

9. Ankita_S
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jun 11, 2021 at 3:26 PM

Ankita_S , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:26 PM :
    We would like to check this further and have got in touch with you via personal conversation for more details.
    Please requesting you to respond to us at the earliest.

Regards,
    Ankita

10. Ankita_S
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jun 11, 2021 at 3:28 PM

Ankita_S , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:28 PM :
    For analyzing this better we would need more details & to get this sorted out at the earliest, We've dropped you a personal message and would request you to respond to the same.

Regards,
    Ankita

11. Ankita_S
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jun 11, 2021 at 3:31 PM

Ankita_S , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:31 PM :
    It would be our pleasure to resolve the issue that you are facing. We have dropped you a message for more details required to get this sorted out. Hope you would get back to us at the earliest.

Regards,
    Ankita

12. e_hermsen
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2021 at 3:32 PM

e_hermsen , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:32 PM :
    I was actually very happy with the Oneplus 7 Pro when it was released and when I had it in use for a year. The phone really had everything and had many great innovations. When Carl Pei unfortunately left, everything went down the drain in my eyes.

The update policy was changed and the update distribution thus uneven and also illogical. The next smartphones unfortunately now have a hole in the display like all the others. The design of the phones is less original. The product line has expanded and everything is now more confusing. The marketing of the phones has changed drastically and has become much more restrained.
    And then there is Android 11, which is completely different from the older versions. Many software bugs, higher energy consumption, reduced speed and on top of that a cribbed design was added. Now I also have the problem with screen burn-ins, because the turned off display remains permanently active after some notifications, if I don't touch the screen sometime after that.

What can I say... My OnePlus 7 Pro is no longer what it used to be. It lacks the spark of attention to detail that I felt every time I turned it on - the knowledge that behind the device, the software, and the company is someone who really cares about their customers. The current smartphones lack that special character that made Oneplus what it used to be.
    Too bad.... But all good times come to an end. As we all know, everything is always changing...

Adi Crisan likes this.
  13. Ankita_S
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jun 11, 2021 at 3:34 PM

Ankita_S , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:34 PM :
    We would like to check this further and have got in touch with you via personal conversation for more details.
    Please requesting you to respond to us at the earliest.

Regards,
    Ankita

14. ShakthiSwaroop
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 3:37 PM

ShakthiSwaroop , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:37 PM :
    the survey also has bugs in it just like their garbage Oxygen OS 11. OnePlus is high on new models and they're asking is to give feedback of experience on AOD which they never provided and hence they proved that they're gonna make false promises. I have OnePlus 7 Pro and this will be my last OnePlus phone ever. It's better to spend a bit more money and purchase a phone from the brand who treats all their previous generation phones equally. OnePlus finally settled. OnePlus is a big joke now. Good bye FalsePlus

15. ShakthiSwaroop
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 3:42 PM

ShakthiSwaroop , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 11, 2021 at 3:42 PM :
    excellent reply my friend.. they're talking about battery drain if they implement AOD, as if now the battery gives 10 days of backup.. 😂😂 my OnePlus 7 Pro hardly gives 2-3 hours SOT and OnePlus gives this garbage reason for AOD battery drain... what a joke OnePlus has become...

16. iamsahiltaneja
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2021 at 4:26 PM

imyuraviniki143 likes this.
  17. carukia
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 4:57 PM

carukia , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 11, 2021 at 4:57 PM :
    My experience of Oxygen OS 11 may not be as bad as others but here's a list of problems I've encountered:

1. Paired Bluetooth devices do not automatically reconnect.
    2. Media player controls often do not appear on the lock screen. This happens with various apps including Tidal, Apple Music and Pocket Casts.
    3. Dark mode is sometimes not activated as scheduled.
    4. Adaptive brightness is sometimes reduced to its dimmest despite no change is external lighting conditions.
    5. The fingerprint scanner often does not work when the screen is at its brightest.
    6. Calculator history is not saved.
    7. Screen sometimes lags when switching between apps (navigation gestures).
    8. Phone calls are sometimes cut off after a few seconds. (I'm not using Google Fi).

imyuraviniki143 likes this.
  18. Santiobie
    Eclair Jun 11, 2021 at 5:09 PM

19. Yosef..83
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2021 at 5:10 PM

20. W1570669965124
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 5:18 PM

W1570669965124 , Jun 11, 2021 at 5:18 PM :